PAE VI

Just report that Well Building and then through the tech developments there is blank pink squares

I can't move a spy into a city. Are spies no longer allowed in cities?
Perhaps the enemy has more spy defense points? There's a mission for spies to prevent cities. this will increase spy missions. for some missions you need the tech first.
Just report that Well Building and then through the tech developments there is blank pink squares
Where are the pink squares? Perhaps you had troubles with the download. please try again. The tech tree and the building Well works fine.

Perhaps the enemy has more spy defense points? There's a mission for spies to prevent cities. this will increase spy missions. for some missions you need the tech first.

I don't know. I couldn't find anything in the pedia to suggest I need another tech just to move the unit into a city. And this affects barbarian cities also. This was in the last patch as well but I didn't report it because I have the impression that I've seen a report on it already somewhere. Don't defence points just affect a mission's success? Anyway, it's easy to test.

Last edited:
I just downloaded this mod for the first time and there are so many scenarios to choose from. Where would y’all recommend I begin?

I just downloaded this mod for the first time and there are so many scenarios to choose from. Where would y’all recommend I begin?

I would recommend something like Eastern Med map, Eurasia, or large/standard Europe if you want to start all the way back. The advanced scenarios might be a bit confusing until you have the mechanics down. The full games, starting at 5000BC will show you the entire game.

Hi Pie
The pink squares are instead of the well building tech picture and then I notice it goes through the tech tree on many others. I'll delete the file and keep uploading but no luck as yet. Anybody else got this issue??

Lets compare the FPK files in the [PAE]/Assets folder:
PAE_Structures.FPK has about 51.136 KB
PAE_Stuff.FPK 140.733 KB and
PAE_Units.FPK 182.139 KB

those buttons you talk about are in PAE_Stuff

those FPK files shall stay FPK files. There's no need to unpack them. but it looks like, your download is corrupt.

Thanks Pie...I found a rogue Pie VI file in the next folder down that was obviously causing the corruption. Pictures now there, thankyou

Simply the best mod out here! Thanks again for the excellent work. One question: is their a way to limit the amount of mercenaries the AI hires?

Horse spread seems a bit odd to me. If one of your cities has a horse resource, any city can build a stables. Maybe that's OK. But if you move a horse to another city it can also build a stables, so one of these methods seems redundant. If you do that you get a horse resource, followed by the message that the newly created stable has been demolished because of lack of horse (presumably because the pasture hasn't yet been built), even though the first horse resource is still connected. Personally I prefer that stables (and camel camps) can only be built by moving the unit to the city, because at present the code seems to get itself into a knot sometimes.

Bit of a nitpick, but the Wagon is called "Waggon", and when I try to pay away Fights on his Own and unit War Wariness, when it doesn't see the pay raise as enough, it says "The unit has not impressed with its pay raise" instead of "The unit is not impressed with its pay raise". Other than those little nitpicks, the mod's pretty much perfect. I really can't ask more for you to deliver, and I'm very eager to try the other civilizations (I'm playing as Rome on Europe XL rn, pillaging and enslaving anything that mildly inconveniences me; great stuff).

I still can't move spies into enemy cities. Can anyone who's playing PAE VI confirm they can do this? If they can maybe I've got a corruption somewhere.

I still can't move spies into enemy cities. Can anyone who's playing PAE VI confirm they can do this? If they can maybe I've got a corruption somewhere.

Whenever I couldn't move spies into a city, I was at war with the civ in question. Are you at war with the civ you're trying to move a spy into said city?

You're right, thanks. Either an enemy Civ or barbarians. But that begs the question - wouldn't being at war be the main reason to use spies anyway? Is this intended?

Speaking of spies, on the espionage screen some text is geting covered by the longer ruler names.

Tin Hinan seems to have a missing text entry. I just get TXT_KEY_TIN_HINAN instead of the name. Missing from the PAEGameText_PAEV.xml file I think.

Last edited:
Whenever I couldn't move spies into a city, I was at war with the civ in question. Are you at war with the civ you're trying to move a spy into said city?
I had this too.
The Spies couldn't enter cities at war... that must be a mistake though! Because you need that for a Riot in a city to shut down the walls (open the gates ;))...

But Pie is on holidays atm.

Last edited:
Greetings! Im back with a new computer n ready to get stuck into this! I have started out with brettscmitts beautiful Eurasia XL map but I think something might be out of sync here? Christianity hits really early in my game, like 180 bc? Loads of rioting!

Also I still have problems with the new Diadochy scen. When I start it it begins at 80 bc, turn 130? Anybody knows whats up with this?

Greetings! Im back with a new computer n ready to get stuck into this! I have started out with brettscmitts beautiful Eurasia XL map but I think something might be out of sync here? Christianity hits really early in my game, like 180 bc? Loads of rioting!
For the Eurasia XL map:
I'm actually playing around in the GameSpeedInfo with all the science-, growth- and buliding-rates. And the years per turn.
The final version will take some more time.
But I had a few really exciting testgames with the implemented speed as it is atm ;)

Ok, I shall wait a while for your scenario, then. Looking forward to that. I’ll post a screenie of my progress so far, its really fun!

Btw, I fixed JDs Diadochi scen by editing the starting era in the WB file. Seems to work fine now.

Britain - The land 0f Bears :)
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Top Bottom