Paradox Interactive games

Indeed. I've made my own run as the Byzantines, and after installing my usual minor mods I've rapidly discovered how difficult things have gotten. Instant Holy War against the Turks, for one thing. That was a nightmare.

Seems like the Ming need to be nerfed a bit from what I've seen so far, or hordes need to be fixed because they're currently pushovers.

Currently downloading Divine Wind!

Yes, I've since discovered that at the expense of studying for my modern Chinese history exam: the AI can rip territory from hordes while the human player can't, in addition to the Ming factions not working correctly when the AI is Ming.

How much has Asia been improved in the latest expansion?
China and Japan both got big changes that make them somewhat less stupid, but India's sole real change is that there are now four different "Hindustan" cultural unions that you can form (different varieties for the different cultural groups that make up India). Once Hindustan is formed, it's ridiculously OP.

China and Japan both got big changes that make them somewhat less stupid, but India's sole real change is that there are now four different "Hindustan" cultural unions that you can form (different varieties for the different cultural groups that make up India). Once Hindustan is formed, it's ridiculously OP.

Frankly, you can say that about pretty much all of the big formable nations in EU. Particularly since HttT, all the free stuff they give is horribly unbalanced.

Frankly, you can say that about pretty much all of the big formable nations in EU. Particularly since HttT, all the free stuff they give is horribly unbalanced.
Yeah, but without stuff like that, they don't have any flavor. "Oooh look a flag" doesn't really cut it. :p Standard overpowered and Hindustan overpowered are entirely different things, especially when Vijayanagar can form it in the 1420s even if it doesn't try very hard.
What are the unions aside from the Mughal Empire?
No: all unions are "Hindustan" and get the Hindustan flag and cores. First step is taking over all of the provinces of your particular cultural group (Dravidian, Eastern/Western Aryan, or the other one that I forget). Then you can form Hindustan and get cores on basically modern India plus everything else that Asoka and/or Aurangzeb ostensibly controlled.

Mughal Empire is different, it's only available for Altaic or Iranian culture countries who take over certain territories in northern India.

That is ******ed and so are the culture groups. I was thinking maybe they might have put in something like Bengal being able to form the Suri Empire, or one of the Deccan states being able to form the Maratha Empire, and so forth. Guess I expected too much.

Yeah, I had high hopes for the "Horde" mechanic, but the way it is now, it has made the steppe nations even MORE of a pushovers.
"Unconquerable steppe peoples" my arse.
What the hell was the point of making their provinces unannexable, when you can just occupy them for eternity and colonize at your will and at minimum cost without any ww or infamy gain? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, I had high hopes for the "Horde" mechanic, but the way it is now, it has made the steppe nations even MORE of a pushovers.
"Unconquerable steppe peoples" my arse.
What the hell was the point of making their provinces unannexable, when you can just occupy them for eternity and colonize at your will and at minimum cost without any ww or infamy gain? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Timurids are doing rather well so far (c.1435) in my game, but one reason for that is because I (playing the Ottomans) am being a bit soft towards them. The Golden Horde is doing alright but they've lost Ukraine. The other nomad nations have already been eaten or are in the process of being eaten by Ming courtesy of a bug in the factions feature.

Well, in my current game (greekfags, of course), the GH is benefiting from a constantly imploding Lithuania, while the Russian states never manage to get their acts together. Timurids are doing less well due to lolpersia.

Just picked up Vicky 2 as an early Christmas present for myself. I've given it about an hour, and fallen in love with it. Great stuff, much better than Vicky/Revolutions, which is an awesome game in its own right. The national focus thing is interesting, I very much love the different maps, and the spheres of influence is an awesome addition. I've only played about an hour, and as Oranje, not a great power, so I'm sure I'll find more to gripe about later, especially when I start comparing it more to the first Victoria, but for now it gets an A rating in my book.

Just picked up Vicky 2 as an early Christmas present for myself. I've given it about an hour, and fallen in love with it. Great stuff, much better than Vicky/Revolutions, which is an awesome game in its own right. The national focus thing is interesting, I very much love the different maps, and the spheres of influence is an awesome addition. I've only played about an hour, and as Oranje, not a great power, so I'm sure I'll find more to gripe about later, especially when I start comparing it more to the first Victoria, but for now it gets an A rating in my book.

First game as the Oranje? :dubious:

Weeeell, as a Vicky virgin (that did not sound right...oh well) I first tackled the tutorial then fumbled my way through forty years as Belgium. Then I did two or three more games as Belgium. :crazyeye:

First game as the Oranje? :dubious:

Weeeell, as a Vicky virgin (that did not sound right...oh well) I first tackled the tutorial then fumbled my way through forty years as Belgium. Then I did two or three more games as Belgium. :crazyeye:

I've been successfully with Oranje in Vicky 1, building them up to the #5 great power, I figured Vicky 2 would be about the same. It's a bit tougher, but not too different, and the assimilation seems a lot better, which helps.

Belgium is a good beginner one I think, gives a nice bit of continental wars (with someone almost always having your back), a nice industrial base, and plenty of opportunities to colonize. I rather enjoy playing as Belgium every once in a while (that being said, still haven't given it a go in V2).

Top Bottom