Paradox Interactive games

The inflation thing is the biggie.

I don't remember if you've played Victoria 2 or not, but understanding how the Clausewitz engine works ought to be fairly simple anyway.

EU3 runs fine in game, but the menus and the select scenario menu have been randomly freezing on me. I'm not sure what is going on. Running in Windows 7 and I blow the requirements away.

EU3 runs fine in game, but the menus and the select scenario menu have been randomly freezing on me. I'm not sure what is going on. Running in Windows 7 and I blow the requirements away.

Same here. I have freezing issues whenever I play around with message and pop-up settings.

Check out this EU3 ARR, it is very funny.:lol:

Damn you! And I was just going to get started on something productive too! :mad:

Might be a bug. That or you might have too many files in your saved game folder.

Welp, thanks to the pre-Christmas package offer on Steam, and the fact that I now have a laptop that will actually run it well, I am hooked on EU3. Even though I don't really have all that much time to play. I played the previous generation of Paradox games quite a bit, mostly EU2, a fair bit of Vicky, and lots of HOI2.

Playing EU3 with Heir to the Throne; holding off on Divine Wind until it's been thoroughly patched and confirmed as not-broken. So far I've mostly been taking a few different runs at Muscowy -> Russia as that was a favourite in EU2, after a few false starts due to improper appreciation of new game mechanics I seem to be getting the hang of things now. In the current game it's about 1430 and I've gobbled up the neighbouring minors plus taken a few provinces that used to be Lithuanian; Lithuania has imploded and Polotsk & Ukraine have spawned; only need to take down Novgorod before I can form Russia, and for this I am mostly ready but have to wait a couple more years for my monarch to come of age (damn Regency Council). Zero inflation and quite low Infamy score at this point. Next item on agenda after unifying Russia will be to start chopping away at the Golden Horde, while working toward Westernization. Should be fun.

Damn you! And I was just going to get started on something productive too! :mad:

Might be a bug. That or you might have too many files in your saved game folder.

Impossibility to be too many files, I just got the game yesterday, but it's probably some typical Paradox bug. Everything is patched and proper, through Steam, so no issues should be present.

There is a known problem that DW is incompatible with certain GPUs. You may just want to play with HTTT if DW doesn't work.

There is a known problem that DW is incompatible with certain GPUs. You may just want to play with HTTT if DW doesn't work.

I can't, have mine through Steam so its all or nothing, and the game works fine, runs smoothly and fine. The main menu is the only issue, but once I get past it I have smooth sailing.

I can't, have mine through Steam so its all or nothing, and the game works fine, runs smoothly and fine. The main menu is the only issue, but once I get past it I have smooth sailing.
Never mind then, you don't have the problem I was referring too.

Top Bottom