Paradox Interactive games

So I'm working my way through the EU3 (complete) tutorials and trials, and on the first trial "units" one of the first things it asks you to do is:

Move the army in Altmark to Brandenburg

The thing is, that region and army doesn't belong to me, so how the heck am I supposed to move it?

I also love how it says at one point in the tutorial "consult your manual for further information."

It didn't even come with a manual! Lots of "Paradox Games" stickers and crap, but no manual!!

So I'm working my way through the EU3 (complete) tutorials and trials, and on the first trial "units" one of the first things it asks you to do is:

The thing is, that region and army doesn't belong to me, so how the heck am I supposed to move it?

I also love how it says at one point in the tutorial "consult your manual for further information."

It didn't even come with a manual! Lots of "Paradox Games" stickers and crap, but no manual!!

Yeah...disregard the tutorials. The best way to learn how to play Paradox games is to just play a game, get royally effed up, and then look up what you did wrong via the wiki pages, forums, or reading AARs, and then just going for another playthrough so you can mess up again. It's really a learn by screwing up lots type of game.

Yeah...disregard the tutorials. The best way to learn how to play Paradox games is to just play a game, get royally effed up, and then look up what you did wrong via the wiki pages, forums, or reading AARs, and then just going for another playthrough so you can mess up again. It's really a learn by screwing up lots type of game.

Some of the SomethingAwful LP's are also great for teaching you those little things that you dont get anywhere else.

The thing is, that region and army doesn't belong to me, so how the heck am I supposed to move it?/QUOTE]
The tutorial is broken since they changed the map in one of the new expansions and gave Altmark to Magdeburg.
At least I believe I've seen someone mention it before.

Holy hell that Sengoku map has a ridiculous number of provinces.

So, I'm playing an Argentina HoI3 game. Germany invaded Poland, blah blah blah normal. Then Persia and a "Y" country on British India's eastern border invaded India and they got pretty far. Persia also pushed its way into Iraq and Saudi Arabia also joined the Axis. Everything was going all right for them until the Germans invade the USSR, causing the USSR to smash Persia to bits which let the British take down the rest of Persia and Saudi Arabia and push the Italians out of Sinai. The Y country was just pushed back to its borders.

The United States landed troops in Normandy by themselves....in 1941. Wow. As soon as the United States declared war, I invaded Paraguay. I'm just trying to take as many countries as I can before the United States decides I'm a worthy target so I annexed Paraguay and Uraguay and occupied Chile, whose government went into exile. I was about to invade Bolivia next when Brazil joined the Axis which cheered me up quite a bit. Too bad the Germans are, on cue, being pushed out of Poland by the Russians. The Americans have been contained at the beaches but at this rate, they're going to breakout and sweep up the rest of France.

Is it just me or is playing the Selucids waaaay too easy in EU: Rome? They can really only be invaded by sea or from the North, they have a fantastic range of units, a huge number of provinces, massive amounts of money, a fairly stable cultural system, an easy conquest of Egypt and a straight shot at Carthage, fairly mediocre neighboring enemies (Macedon, etc.) and weak barbarian foes. Once you mop up the Greeks and Carthage you can basically take your pick of stealing Iberia or outright murdering Rome itself.

Another HOI3 expansion?

I will stick with wonderful HOI2 thanks :)

Is it just me or is playing the Selucids waaaay too easy in EU: Rome?
Don't play the Seleucids then. I always treat them as an end-game boss.

EU: Rome is a mediocre broke-ass game anyway. :p

Top Bottom