Patch 1.09 released!

Rise said:
its asking for me to install Xfire whats that

Ignore it ... it's just some pewpie third party piece of software that you don't need.

Dude, I'm installed! much better coming from a third party site!

its asking for me to install Xfire whats that
It's basically an instant messaging program that keeps track of what game you are currently playing, and tells your friends.
I really don't like the way that Civ4 presents Xfire. It makes it sound as though you _need_ it to play a multiplayer game with your friends, which is absolutly not true. Install programs should tell the truth. I think it's really bad form, misleading people like that.

I may have to do a clean install. I have 1.08 and when I search for an update it tells me 1.09 has been found but that it cannot be downloaded successfully. Don't tell me they've pulled two patches in two days. :lol:

logical_psycho said:
...comes with XFire, some ****ty online game program. I guess that took up most of the space in the patch.

I disagree. XFire is not "****ty", especially if you play a bunch of multiplayer games with a lot of people.

As for the patch, I haven't noticed anything wrong... yet.

logical_psycho said:
It also comes with XFire, some ****ty online game program. I guess that took up most of the space in the patch.

Xfire is less than 2 meg in size, give or take.

Anywho, call me crazy, but it appears that cpu usage has been reduced.

logical_psycho said:
Old saves still work.

The game is still the same to me when quickly glancing over it.

It also comes with XFire, some ****ty online game program. I guess that took up most of the space in the patch.

It is not big enough to have the throne room view, as previously designed. Cfire should have been a working program in the initial release. Those two things shows how much the game has been pushed for release. Programmers did a good job, though, knowing the circumstances and pressure they had to release the game.

The Firaxis server must be getting hit pretty hard because it won't even start downloading the patch in-game.

rube203 said:
F9 works for me in 1.09. However, my test of this was in a new game, not a saved 1.08 game.

False alarm.

It appears a simple mod (Tradeable v0.3, which shows surplus resources in the Foreign Advisor screen) prevents the Info Screen from coming up in 1.09. Very odd.

At least it's not due to 1.09!

Hurray, my crash to desktop problems got replaced with a crash to desktop plus having my resolution and colors distorted, and having to reboot. :(

Downloading right now! I'm praying that this patch will solve my "food yield only" problem....

Downloaded very quickly and installed fine. I will test the patched game in a few minutes.

snepp said:
rube, quit eating all my bandwidth!

:lol: If you only knew how funny that comment was. ;)

I can only download 48% before it just stops, the music still playing and the clouds moving, which is odd cos the music normally stutters when it crashes

how long before firaxis download server crashes? it's slow... almost done though.... :goodjob:

Oh, and I know about the download link on here... but I was almost done downloading it before I found this thread...

I turned off the firewall, but it still wont download! :mad: They create a patch for a game that dont work, and the patch doesnt work? :mad:

Lots of people are d/ling now. It's like the new Xbox release. There's not enough for everyone to go around. That said, I'm sure eventually we'll all get to it eventually. ;)

Top Bottom