Patch Glitches?

gfeier

King
Playing Warlords, I just noticed that the cost for the Pyramids is 750 hammers in 2.0.8.0 (which is what shows up in "About This Build" under the "Advanced" menu when I start the game. Trouble is, the balance section of the update notes says they should cost 500 now. Anybody find any similar issues?

I think I would have those issues if I was playing epic speed like you must be. :)
Those things scale by the speed. Epic *1.5, marathon *3. All of the squares in your cities have the same output as normal speed, so the cost of the item is increased so that it takes the right amount of time to go with the speed of the game.

I think I would have those issues if I was playing epic speed like you must be. :)
Those things scale by the speed. Epic *1.5, marathon *3. All of the squares in your cities have the same output as normal speed, so the cost of the item is increased so that it takes the right amount of time to go with the speed of the game.

Ah, that explains it! I keep forgetting that little detail. Thanks.

Well, here's an issue that isn't related to game speed - this just popped up:

"1502 AD: Louis Armstrong (Great Artist) has been born in P (C)!"

So, where's P (C)?

Similar cryptic text issues are being discussed over in the Get the new Patch thread here

Trying to play multi player in Warlords 2.08. Playing with mods "Ethnically Diverse Units 2.62", and "Blue Marble". Using Gameranger. And I'm getting this red writing flashing on my screen repeatedly. "Out of Sync". The Other Player is getting the same flashing red writing. Never happened before updating to 2.08, now it won't stop.
It's really annoying. Any ideas?
Mac Pro 2.66ghz, 2gigRAM, 10.4.8, ATI Radeon x1900

Attachments

• stupid.jpg
    stupid.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 185
I just tried to play Warlords with the new patch, no mods, against two PC players. Direct IP. We played for over an hour with no issues, then we started getting the Out of Synch screen. At first every couple of turns, then every turn, then finally it came up out of synch after resynching. My value, the mac player, was always the one out of synch, the two PC players' values always matched.
Dual 2.7 G5, 2.5 GB, 10.4.8, Radeon 9650

Top Bottom