1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch v3.13 change list

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by alexman, Sep 13, 2007.

?

Worth the wait?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2007.
  1. Yes

    89.9%
  2. No

    6.7%
  3. What is BTS?

    3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgbaxter

    jgbaxter Warlord

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2006
    Messages:
    202
    I wish they'd add a few more random events with each patch, seeing the same ones 10-20 times a game get a bit annoying. Otherwise a decent patch.
     
  2. azzaman333

    azzaman333 meh

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2005
    Messages:
    22,877
    Location:
    Melbourne, AUS Reputation:131^(9/2)
    I don't care what the changes are, I just want it now!

    (Patience isn't my strength...)
     
  3. Pikkis

    Pikkis Prince

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Messages:
    525
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    New info for me, thanks! Does Recycling Center remove that power base unhealthiness?

    What makes the upgrade path weird, is that:
    - Missile Cruisers can't see Submarines
    - Missile Cruisers can't intercept aircraft
    - Missile Cruiser move slower than Destroyers

    Also, is still that after you're able to build both SDs and MCs you're only units that can see Submarine units are Submarines and Attack Submarines (I think that Submarines aren't considered as "Stealth units")? And why can Stealth Destroyers see Stealth Destroyers, is it because of the game balance? I've understood that stealthing a ship doesn't give it ultimately advanced radar in case of meeting another stealth ship.
     
  4. Virulent

    Virulent King

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2006
    Messages:
    662
    Location:
    Canada
    The patch includes Solvers event mod so there is actually going to be some new events with the patch.
     
  5. jray

    jray King

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    Messages:
    925
    Location:
    North Carolina (USA)
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!

    Just one question about this one: will it remove all of the instances of Privateers disappearing, or just the cases where a friendly ship enters the port along with one? E.g., Privateers would also disappear if any ship from another Civ, friend or foe, would come within visual range of a port where it's located.
     
  6. Rirse

    Rirse Warlord

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2002
    Messages:
    117
    Location:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    This patch looks to be worth the wait, but does it fix the combat odds being off at times. I know there is a 5 percent chance of losing a battle at even 95 percent, but sometimes I see the odds are against more times then other.
     
  7. LiDDiS

    LiDDiS Warlord

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2007
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Canada
    Pretty cool they're adding solver's events officially.
     
  8. Welnic

    Welnic Emperor

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1,057
    "Colony maintenance capped at twice the distance maintenence"

    The way I read this is that the maximum colony maintenance is twice what the maximum distance maintenance would be on the map that you are playing on. So the colony maintenance, which is calculated by how many cities you have on a particular land mass, would have a cap that is set by the same factors that set the maximum cap for distance maintenance, which I think is map size and maybe difficulty level. All of the cities on the same land mass have the same colony maintenance, if you had enough of them then they would all be at this cap. There actual distance would not affect the colony maintenance, and running state property wouldn't make any difference. I've heard that the cap currently is 100, which is pretty ridiculous, so sounds way more reasonable.
     
  9. JFLNYC

    JFLNYC Producer

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2004
    Messages:
    233
    What I find confusing is how people can decide whether it's "worth the wait" before playing it. The difference between what the specs are and how it plays can be huge.
     
  10. LiDDiS

    LiDDiS Warlord

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2007
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Canada
    I hope so D:

    "Fixed CustomAssets MP crash" Didn't see it in my first skim of the fixes!
     
  11. LDeska

    LDeska LDeska

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    411
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Poland
    For me most valuable modifications are:
    - inflation correction (at least!) :)
    - corporation cost correction - this will make corporation useable - for now corporations were not too good for late game
    - spies doesn't raze town to nothing in one turn - great!

    I wonder if you corrected two errors I've wrote about in civfanatics forum (in error subforum):
    1. teammates can generate infinite numbers of units by giving the same city back and forth between teammates
    2. ships can blockade area that is not accessible for those ships (if a gulf is blocked by enemy, my ships still are able to blockade the sea behind the gulf).
     
  12. MrCynical

    MrCynical Deity

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2005
    Messages:
    4,561
    Location:
    The Dreaming Spires
    The combat odds have been tested and found to be accurate on numerous occasions. They can't fix problems that don't actually exist.

    The destroyer to missle cruiser upgrade does unfortunately look like a repeat of the marines/SAMs to mech infantry screwup. There is already the strange situation where the airship can see subs, but modern aircraft can't. We don't need another back to front upgrade path to lose destroyer's ability to see subs.
     
  13. Pikkis

    Pikkis Prince

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Messages:
    525
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    I realized a bug, that I think hasn't been mentioned before. In small icons (used in Civilopedia, foreign advisor etc.), Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan have old, wrong backgrounds. If the patch isn't complete, could fix for this be added to it?

    Is this still only overseas, or all foreign trade?
     
  14. Jperkinson

    Jperkinson Warlord

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2005
    Messages:
    100
    This just happened in one of my games! I had no idea where my fleet of privateers that I had docked went to!... I chalked it up to Alzheimer's:old: !
     
  15. LordGek

    LordGek Prince

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2002
    Messages:
    520
    Hey Gang,

    I might have missed it but any fixes regarding:

    - AI's use (or non-use) of Privateers?
    - AI's spastic buildup of ships it refuses to then use against a viewed naval threat?
     
  16. lulu135

    lulu135 Warlord

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Messages:
    135
    I'm glad to see it, these are a lot of important changes that needed to be released ASAP.
    However, there are still a lot more balancing tweaks that should be done so I hope this isn't the last patch...
     
  17. Gigaz

    Gigaz civoholic

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1,229
    Location:
    Dresden
    I guess they forgot fixing the the palace's espionage points in Gods of Old. It makes only one per turn. :(
     
  18. Cyrus_the_Great

    Cyrus_the_Great Warlord

    Joined:
    May 20, 2004
    Messages:
    118
    Location:
    Van Nuys, California
    With all these fixes and additions, I don't mind the wait. I kind of thought there would be alot of changes. I am glad the leaderheads issue was looked at. I can hardly wait to give this patch a go.

    Thanks for listening and for all the hard work. :)
     
  19. Atwork

    Atwork Immortal

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2006
    Messages:
    616
    Location:
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    The 18 civs = no colony problem hasn't been addressed?
     
  20. Yzman

    Yzman Deity

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    Messages:
    2,692
    Location:
    Illinois, USA

    Thats not a messup...the game only allows 18 civs at one time. So you can't have 18 civs and then colonies too.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page