Patch v3.13 change list

Worth the wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry Pikkis...:mischief:
I don't think Firaxis just answer bugs from Civfanatics as it is 1 web site among many many other web sites and in different languages. Their own direct support mail and Take2 should also feed them with many bug reports. I guess it is an on-going process with a "cut" decided by the test/quality department. Then they work on another patch taking what was left behind and add the newly found bugs... Of course, it is only a guess...

Öjevind Lång: very annoying is not it? It is very very common to have vassals asking for your cities, even if you funded the cities yourself and the city they ask is big, high culture, powerfull and happy ... :confused:
I am afraid we will have to wait for the patch to be released and test this. The pre-list given by Alexman is so huge that it is even possible that they forgot to mention some other changes!!
I hope like you.;)

Actually, this is not a deadline, nor was there ever a deadline. We will release the patch when we are ready to do so.

We are happy to give you time estimates based on the current situation, but situations change. We can keep totally silent, if you prefer.

I start to get the feeling that I am the only poster here who doesn't have years of experience of software programming and quality assurance, but I do know something about customer relations. Rule Number One is: No matter how cranky the customer is, don't be cranky in return and snap at him. Furthermore, it would have cost you very little effort to post the same information here that you have posted at Apolyton, and it would have reduced the volume of negative comments immeasurably.

I never said Alexman couldn't post however he likes. However, if I went on a forum about a product my company makes and made statements about that product, I would be viewed as speaking for my company. And besides, if he was speaking for himself what about the statement "We can keep totally silent, if you prefer"? Who is this we if not Firaxis?

Perhaps Alexman is still on Monarchy, not on Proportional Representation or Universal Suffrage. That would make him a King, and Kings call themselves "we".

Firaxis/Take2 officially has the worst PR department ever.

Hehe. I'm guessing you've never had to deal with Electronic Arts, or 3DO? Their form of customer service is "Have you tried it with <insert name of hardware company they have a contract with here>'s video card? If that doesn't work, please try <insert updated version of software here for only $19.95>."

EA has been horrific with customer relations and their solution to everything is to make you buy next year's version of the software and just not patch their current version. 3DO was so bad that they actually told you to just shut up and buy next year's game. Uggh. :(

The way I take his statement, Alexman is not portending to represent Firaxis in an official marketing capacity. All we have here is someone who works there, who used to be a customer and here on the boards and thus has some personal loyalty to us (greatly strained by now, from the tone of his last post), who has gone out of his way to give us info when and if he can.

If he doesn't represent Firaxis when posting here, why did he say: "We can also maintain absolute silence"? Come on, you are being disingenuous.

Öjevind Lång;6003860 said:
I start to get the feeling that I am the only poster here who doesn't have years of experience of software programming and quality assurance, but I do know something about customer relations. Rule Number One is: No matter how cranky the customer is, don't be cranky in return and snap at him. Furthermore, it would have cost you very little effort to post the same information here that you have posted at Apolyton, and it would have reduced the volume of negative comments immeasurably.
Yeah, and his silent comment was bogus anyway as he WAS silent for 2 weeks after announcing, in HIS words - "we are done with the patch". HE caused the uproar in this thread.

and why not converting to "Buddhism" and use "Pacifism" civics in this thread rather than Police State, Theocracy and Nationhood???

Hah! You guys annoyed alexman enough that he deleted the change list! Nice work...

I suspect he did it because the change list has changed, if you take my meaning. For example, they may have decided to implement just some things now and some (the really tough ones) in a later patch, which would make sense. I can't believe he would be childish enough to delete the list simply to punish people for dissing him. He does hold a senior position at a well-reputed game producing firm.

Firaxis/Take2 officially has the worst PR department ever.

Not a chance. EA owns that crown. The support and technical assistance for their sports titles is horrific. Always has been, always will be. Just one of many reasons I no longer support them.

Yeah, and his silent comment was bogus anyway as he WAS silent for 2 weeks after announcing, in HIS words - "we are done with the patch". HE caused the uproar in this thread.

"we are done with the patch" - isn't that a rather ambigous statement anyway?:p

Öjevind Lång;6003986 said:
I suspect he did it because the change list has changed, if you take my meaning. For example, they may have decided to implement just some things now and some (the really tough ones) in a later patch, which would make sense. I can't believe he would be childish enough to delete the list simply to punish people for dissing him. He does hold a senior position at a well-reputed game producing firm.

Yes, why bother filling in the reason-for-editing slot? One or two words would have been enough.:(

"we are done with the patch" - isn't that a rather ambigous statement anyway?:p

Depends who "we" are I guess. We at Firaxis, as I and others read it, or we the guys pinpointing what needs addressing and doing the actual programming before testing and packaging and whatever else needs doing before it can be unleashed on the public. It seems now that it was the latter that was meant, though at the time of the initial post the fact that they actually planned to release it by then makes the former interpretation seem the most natural IMO. Thus debacle ensues, with many an angry shout and broken heart :mischief:

Just to be clear, I posted here as a thank you for all your feedback, but it is not my job to keep you informed. From now on I will leave it up to our marketing department to give any information.

Damn you, vilemerchant! Why couldn't you have released the game without the bugs?!

Edit: alexman, could you please change the misleading thread title?

Just to be clear, I posted here as a thank you for all your feedback, but it is not my job to keep you informed. From now on I will leave it up to our marketing department to give any information.

Ouch....that's a gut shot.

*waits for patch*

Öjevind Lång;6003873 said:
Perhaps Alexman is still on Monarchy, not on Proportional Representation or Universal Suffrage. That would make him a King, and Kings call themselves "we".

I agree. We misinterpreted "we" to mean Firaxis when it was really the Imperial "we."

Some guyz have no patience at all ... just use solver patch and mods instead of posting useless posts guyz.

I am licking some balls to have my patchs :p Firaxian Hurray! We are not all like those fan(atics) .. Die robert deniro and live my fellow Westley Snipe !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom