Petition asking the developers to ignore petitons

AlpsStranger

Jump jump on the tiger!
My self-defeating petition asks the developers to trust their own judgment. Only they know the big picture they are shooting for. Do not be swayed by even the hugest petitions by people who have yet to play the game. Stay the course! I want to see a truly innovative Civ. Don't be spooked into making Civ4.5.

I anti-vote this petition. Public opinion is very important for a game (duh). That's the best way for the developers to anticipate sales.

I anti-vote this petition. Public opinion is very important for a game (duh). That's the best way for the developers to anticipate sales. Besides, anything we don't like can just be modded out, or modded in.

I'm not sure why you included the bolded statement, as it seems to support this more than it is against this.

I'm not sure why you included the bolded statement, as it seems to support this more than it is against this.

I want the core game to be good. I really don't care if we can hack it up with a chainsaw later.

If the *developers* decide not to go with one unit per tile on their own I trust them. If they do so because of some damn petition I'll be very sad.

Signed!

It seems to me that most of the people complaining about game mechanics (which mostly are speculations at this point, btw), see them in the context of Civ 4 or even one the other civ games. Often, it seems, they are principally against anything that deviates from the earlier games.

Besides, I trust that the testing team will do a good enough job to make this an entertaining and interesting game.

edit: I should mention also, that those of us who like what we've seen/heard from the game might not bother to write as much about it as the rest. That doesn't mean we are fewer.

I sign the petition asking the developers to ignore petitions asking the developers to ignore petitions. :mad:

I sign the petition asking the developers to ignore petitions asking the developers to ignore petitions. :mad:

I double sign this petition asking the developers to ignore petitions asking the developers to ignore petitions to ignore petitions to ignore petit... <ERROR>

PS: Your response is pretty funny even if I still adamantly believe developers should ignore all fan petitions :lol:

I DO NOT SIGN! I want civ V to be the way I and my fellow civfanatics like it!

This thread reminds me of the old riddle:

You are going to die. To decide how you will die, you must make a statement. If the statement is true, your head will be chopped off. If it is false, you will be strangled.

Once somebody answers this riddle, I will explain why it is relevent.

This thread reminds me of the old riddle:

You are going to die. To decide how you will die, you must make a statement. If the statement is true, your head will be chopped off. If it is false, you will be strangled.

Once somebody answers this riddle, I will explain why it is relevant.

That riddle is too easy.
Spoiler :
Tell them "I will die by strangulation."

I'm sure the developers will do with this petition as they do with all of them. Don't strain yourselves.

nice one Bill. But yes, I am nominally on board with OP's sentiments. The developers are not going to get advice by sheer numbers/fan petitions like any that would come out of this forum. And I hope modding capabilities still exist but that would do for minor changes based on personal opinions; otherwise I don't think they'll get the major concepts worse than cIV (not saying cIV is bad)

I largely agree with the sentiment of the OP, but...

I hope that petitions are not ignored. Sure, I don't want the developers to abide by them all, and I don't particularly mind if they don't abide by any, if it conflicts with what they are trying to achieve, but that's different from ignoring the petitions of the community. I would hope that they would take the community's wants into consideration when making the game, even if petitions are not completely accepted and adopted.

I largely agree with the sentiment of the OP, but...

I hope that petitions are not ignored. Sure, I don't want the developers to abide by them all, and I don't particularly mind if they don't abide by any, if it conflicts with what they are trying to achieve, but that's different from ignoring the petitions of the community. I would hope that they would take the community's wants into consideration when making the game, even if petitions are not completely accepted and adopted.

Your hope is fair enough. I just hope that we get a solid design out of it.

It was public input that made Civ4 in case you weren't around the year before it came out. They took our wishlist to heart. Also the changes they make in patches, they basically steal from what they see works with fans

It was public input that made Civ4 in case you weren't around the year before it came out. They took our wishlist to heart. Also the changes they make in patches, they basically steal from what they see works with fans

I seriously doubt that going from "one unit per tile" back to "SoD" would merely be public input. That would be designing by poll. We're talking about a day and night kind of decision that would fundamentally change the way significant parts of the game worked. It would not be appropriate to let an unscientific forum petition decide such an issue.

Top Bottom