PH12: Men in Tights

I'm not able to play either. Sorry for dropping out, but you guys can surely bring this to home! :)

good point rolo ~

and it also makes you UP if you can play before Refar ~

I'm with some troubles with my XP -> vista transition... Most of them are solved ,but I still have some quibbles to resolve.... most likely will not be able to play before tomorrow

No one was able to play before me after all ...

Turns 409 - 430 / 1798AD to 1840AD

Played 20 Turns, till completing the 5-th Cathedral in all Culture cities.

Turn 409: - I revolted to Emancipation. Our cities are big, whipping does not sound that cool at size 16 as it does at size 4. And 6 :mad: from "We demand Emancipation" seem worth it.

Turn 410: - We were running a couple of prists again. I shot the priests and the governor who assigned those.
- Constantinople building University... Befere Forge and all the Spy buildings :confused:

Turn 411: - Our Spy sucked at taking Communism from Charle. It turns out to be our only spy, so i will have to wait for a while to try again.
- Freddy try to Spy on us. Funny little bugger.

- Julius feels like he needs protection... I wonder why... :mischief:

Turn 416: - We have 5 religions in all cities :D Start last temples, followed by last Cathedrals.

Turn 419: - We got Jade Event.

Turn 422: - Another Spy sucks at Communism [pissed]

Turn 423: - And one more. I start to get really Angry. And this in a city without Sec.Buero.
- We Teched Biology.

Turn 424: - Finally got Communism.
- Build lots of intelligence agencies about everywhere.

Turn 425: - Steal Physics fom Charlie.

Turn 426: - Wash asks for a deal... Switch Mil Traditition he offered for Steam Power.
- While at it, also trade with Fred fo Rifling.

Turn 427: - Take Steel from Charlie.

Turn 430: - Cathedral in Gisborne done. It was the last one missing.
- Culture watch:

- The slider only has minimal effect on culture - no cottages, so not a lot of commerce... Building culture does not help too much as well - because no :culture: multipliers are applied there.

I have spy's in Babylon and Corihuyara :)crazyeye:) preparing to steal Railroad from Charlie and Assembly Line from Vicky - should have enought :espionage: in ~5 turns or such.

Tech is set to Electricity - tho broadway will come to late to matter.

Looks like a guaranteed victory. I'm not able to play, so maybe RJ can take this.

OK got it, looks like my set + one other to finish!!

Ralph

Well a very quick and simple turn set to leave things for our mighty leader to bring home (It will only take 10 mins Pholkhero)

Basically a lot of pressing enter with the only excitement being

Researched Electricity by hand!

Stole, Railroad

Charley and Vicky won’t play nice but we are well out of the war

And towards the end the residents of Cuzco realised they wanted to change sides..

With 2 GA’s on hand this one is in the bag!!

Attachments

• PH12 AD-1859.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330.2 KB · Views: 72
Forgot to say that this is playing at a pace.

Refar reports at 08:56
Meiz swaps out 6 minutes later
Got it 39 minutes after that
Report 40 minutes after the got it.

Can Pholkhero (or anyone else) keep the pace up :goodjob:

Ralph

No!!!!! :aargh: We are actually going to win a PH SG? :scared:

Sorry for dropping out in the end ,but :badcomp: issues are really a PITA ( now I'm fully civved again... passed a weekend trying to put BUG working in Vista ( BUG is not configured for Vista, due to the registry structure of Vista being diferent of the one of XP... basically it searches for the bug ini file and doesn't find the place, destroying the interface...not good. Had to made a entry in registry in the place where BUG expected it.... :wallbash: ) ..... already told to the BUG people what happened :gripe: )

In retrospective ( unless pholk finds a way of losing this ;) ) I'm somewhat surprised with the easyness of the game. ...I clearly expected to this game to be harder. This only shows that Spy SE are pretty viable....

Enough speech... bring this home, pholk :goodjob: ( or die trying :lol: )

I have terrible news to report :(

:D

the set started with an odd event:

but then, everything started happening:

and finally Gisbornne for the win!

Conclusion and replay to follow ~

I have to agree with rolo ~ i didn't think we'd win as easily as we did.

my original thought that relying on strictly the SpyE, we'd be behind the 8-ball as far as cultural works are concerned. But that didn't seem to be a problem in this game; i think we got almost every wonder we aimed for, no?

I'm glad we went with the robin hood theme, rather then a Soviet Union spy variant that was my other idea ~ :hatsoff: to Danski for spitting out many of the rules in my original ideas thread at DM.

all in all, though, great game everyone! :goodjob: I had a blast with it, and this was the first time i've used the Spy Economy, and I really like the look of it. I'll need to try it if i ever get to another SP game in my life :)

I'm going to be starting PH13: The Hammer and the Anvil in a few weeks. I need to take it easy a bit on SGs right now as I'm short on time as of late. It'll be another SE game focusing on the scientists and engineers of Germany under Frederick ~ we must be Honorable until we launch our SS, then we have to win by Dom before it lands :devil: maybe this'll be harder :D

we have two slots open right now (maybe a 3rd if someone ends up not wanting to take part)

but again, great game. Thanks all!!

edit: for replay

Attachments

• PH12_AD-1870_19.zip
    126.4 KB · Views: 75
Great job to the team :thumbsup:
I wouldn't have thought about winning that easily, especially the PH game ;)

@ Pholk

though you could've finished out the game RJ.
:D

I couldn't resist giving you the novel expereince of winning one of your SG's :lol:

Seriously I haven't really used a "full-on" spy economy much and despite having lived through it remain surprised we won this one so easily!!

Great fun

:goodjob:

Ralph

Top Bottom