PH2201: The Persian People's Front: Crack Suicide Squad

lol, nice turns all! I think Oz is either just getting back today so i'll give him a bit to check in here. Otherwise, we can skip him this go round, and i'll pick it up.

I thought I had turned off the tutorial advice, but i'll double check in the options when it gets to me.

what are we building in the capital? I thought I saw a warrior in the screenie above

Looks like Oz got hit by the same thing as i this weekend: real life. ill play today, and post to keep all things going, and we'll catch Oz up when he's able.

Reactions: PiR
Hey, my busy weekend continuend into the week, but i was able to play. unfortunately, it'll be a bare bones report, but it was a bare bones set any way.

Our wife went insane, egpyt and babylon are at peace now, we got cha +2 to our kid from two events, but he's also now terrified of us from the influence event, we got -40 to arcasdis from an event (i wanted to choose the other option, Seniority, as it would've been neat to try, but we've got a lot going on already).

speaking of which, the scythians are at war with us from an event; our scout moving west to, well, scout for them, missionary coming home to hide and spread religion to babylon nearby us maybe
zoro fouinded in babylonia.

Our small army (I built another slinger after the warrior) is going to take out the nearby barb camp, and i think we *may* be ready to go for egypt right after. We may want to wait until we have 5 units though, not sure.

Roster:
pholkhero >> just played passably
jguy100 >> UP NOW with the charactistic jguy charm
PiR >> on deck with the winning insights
Ozbenno >> ready with the hands and a computer

Attachments

• PersiaTurn25.zip
    654.4 KB · Views: 18
Alrightey, PiR, I've you've got the chance, go ahead and play.

Oz, jguy, same to you.

Basically, anyone post a got it and go and we'll figure out a turn order.

Ha @PiR it's either you or me, someone's gotta lose the game!

Sorry for the late response. I've got it, will get to it later this evening.

Some religious warrior we are, we haven't even converted to our own religion yet. Time to change that.
upload_2022-3-25_21-11-57.png

Our heir isn't being tutored! Time to change that. Our minister (who looks a lot like a Star Wars Twilek) will take care of that.
upload_2022-3-25_21-13-57.png

Following our religion has finally paid off. Our god(s) (are we monotheistic or polytheistic or something else???) have decided to bless us.
upload_2022-3-25_21-15-55.png

A missionary was murdered in cold blood by those Scythians. One day they'll pay. But probably not from us - since we can't build settlers, their city sites are worthless to us. On the bright side, we no longer have to pay upkeep for the missionary?
upload_2022-3-25_21-23-29.png

Camping our scout. If we can't build a city here, then no one can!
upload_2022-3-25_21-24-50.png

I'm not above a little bribery. Time to grease some palms. Wet some hands. Or however that saying goes.
upload_2022-3-25_21-28-31.png

Well that's a fun event that certainly can't backfire on us! Egypt's our next target, so getting rid of a good leader might be useful for us. Murder time!
upload_2022-3-25_21-29-42.png

Our entire army (4 troops) are within striking range of Waset. All of them have generals attached. Our capital is 1 turn away from building a slinger. Will the next player be brave enough to launch an attack?
upload_2022-3-25_21-30-42.png

Next technology choice. I think we need to go for the free stone. Our coffers are too empty. Heck we don't even have coffers, the stone would be nice to build some.
upload_2022-3-25_21-31-37.png

I'll leave us with two open ended questions; what to research next, and when to go to war with Egypt?

Roster:
PiR >> I would wish you luck, but you don't need it
Ozbenno >> a better man than jguy
pholkhero >> every man's hero
jguy100 >> lacking characteristic charm

Attachments

• PersiaTurn31.zip
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 17
Do we really need the stone? Composite Bow would lead to a Free Palton Cavalry. Could make a difference in war. OK that's 31 turns to get this tech, but if we leave it on the discard pile, it will be forever before we get it again.
We are at +21 stone / turn, I'm not sure what we would do of the 200 free stone? a wonder? which one? we don't have much civics to build it.

I could make an argument for labor force. Building roads to our far away targets/cities would make our troop shuffling quicker.

Is anyone else allowed to comment here? My sugestiion would be steel for the axeman. You know the saying, kill two birds with one stone.

Maybe I'm too impatient, but 30+ years is a long time for that payoff. By the time the set comes back to you again, it still probably won't be done :lol:

Does this mean we're at war with Bab? seems not, phew

upload_2022-3-27_20-4-18.png

ok well thanks again tutorial!

upload_2022-3-27_20-5-7.png

now it feels like cheating

upload_2022-3-27_20-5-29.png

I don't really care what she thinks of me even though I'm married to someone from her clan.
upload_2022-3-27_20-7-16.png

The plan to conquer (liberate?) Waset continues. We don't even have any more generals to assign, so the last unit will get a promotion instead.

Are they going to counter-attack? Their force is supposed to be stronger.

Top Bottom