PH2201: The Persian People's Front: Crack Suicide Squad

I'm not even sure which save you used now, but nicely done, we have a good chance to see this through.

You have a weird icon before the science icon at the top.

nice job! i'm going to be OOP this weekend, so i most likely am going to play and post w/in a few hours to keep the game moving. I'll look to consolidate and defend, and perhaps think about sending out word of the Good News

"Hey, Good News! Our armies are coming! Want a pamphlet?"

Hey so, as I said, i'm about to back and hop out the door so the quick and dirty: we're alive.

ok, see ya.

Egypt retreated on the IBT and we got ill.

I spent the first turn healing and promoting units. I didn't realize the end was nigh.

It was:

But also got the legacy ambition :smoke: sorry

Best timeline, though:

We take peace with Numidians for gold and a spearman appears near Waset.

I injured him and he fled. We killed a slinger as well near there, and here's the situation:

I have a warrior coming in a turn, but then decided to rush by a missionary so we can spread our religion and conquer more before egypt maybe goes down. we should take advantage of this world-ish war.

also, took the ambition to explore as it was the most doable, variant wise.

Roster:
pholkhero: just played
jguy: UP NOW
PiR: on deck
oz: played a bit ago

Attachments

• PersiaTurn42.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: PiR
Oh boy, this game is just one giant pickle. Looking forward to playing my set tonight!

Looking over our vast stretches of land, it looks like all is good. Regardless if we win or lose a battle, our religion permits us to feast. As long as we keep on fighting and someone keeps on dying...right?

T42: Decided to influence our wife. She's at +90 with us, getting to +100 will give us some nice bonuses.

IBT: Babylon is at war with Thracians. Will the fighting weaken our enemies? Or prompt them to build up militarily and surpass us even further?

T43: Egypt killed one of ours, so we kill one of theirs. Even trades aren't going to be good enough, gotta push for more...
upload_2022-4-3_19-36-46.png

I use our missionary to establish Cannibalism Legalism. For if we're not a people of rules, who are we? Legalism reduces city maintenance and our budget is currently in the red (literally). This takes us from -26 gold/turn to -16 gold/turn.

I assign our chancellor wife to bribe the Achamedeasfd family. Hoping one mission should get us to +100.

T44: Apparently we have the bestest of puppies!
upload_2022-4-3_19-41-40.png

Egypt decided to start pulling their units back instead of attacking us. I managed to score another kill without any losses. Hopefully moving forward doesn't cost us anything.

I noticed several troops were missing generals. I started assigning and apparently got a little overzealous - accidentally assigned our wife as a general in the middle of her chancellor mission. So there's some gold down the drain. My bad :(

T45: We have some tasty exotic cuisine incoming. Nice of them to come to us.
upload_2022-4-3_19-47-46.png

Killed another retreating Egyptian unit with no losses on our end. I wonder if they're pulling away to deal with war on another front? Whatever it is, it works for us.

T46: Apparently we're in the child murdering business now? I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable.
upload_2022-4-3_19-51-54.png

Killed another Egyptian unit without any losses - this time an expensive spearman. This gives us the cognomen "The Warrior". I'll take it.

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-3_19-36-26.png
    upload_2022-4-3_19-36-26.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • upload_2022-4-3_19-47-12.png
    upload_2022-4-3_19-47-12.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
We're in an interesting position. We've knocked Egypt's powerlevel down to "Similar" to us. Our troops are in position to start attacking the next Egyptian city if we so choose. Do we want to take the risk? Or pull back, heal, and add some more troops to the mix? Do we worry about the "Danish Invasion" - should we start pulling some troops back to search and destroy? Or do we hope they get lost and never make it to us?

upload_2022-4-3_20-0-1.png

Roster:
PiR: going to lead us to victory
oz: warming up his gaming hand
pholkhero: fortified our position brilliantly
jguy: just murdered some children apparently

Attachments

• PersiaTurn46.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
We're one turn away from iron working. I think we should pull back our troops, sell some resources, and upgrade our warriors to axemen. This should give us a huge powerspike, maybe make conquering a little bit easier.

upload_2022-4-4_11-31-36.png

No I'm not giving steel, sorry
upload_2022-4-4_11-32-0.png

Pressing forward paid off. And solves our money issues for now.
upload_2022-4-4_11-33-32.png

Interesting counter-attack.
upload_2022-4-4_11-40-10.png

and this launched a nice event, although I have no screenshot to detail that even (free general on the axeman defending from the tribal invasion)

The Egyptians are building a wonder, which is giving us the location of our next target to finish them off.
upload_2022-4-4_11-49-9.png

But first we need to convert that city.

Oh, wait.

We need to convert a city before we conquer it, right?

woups

:o

Roster:
oz: ready player go
pholkhero: thinking about razing that pagan city
jguy: acquiring its next children target
PiR: in shame of breaking the rules

Attachments

• PersiaTurn51.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
@Forster looks like our leader got a promotion, and we went with an upgrade to discipline. The cash increase was enough to get us out of the red.

upload_2022-4-4_11-39-29.png

For the gold per turn, yes, that's how it was solved.
For the amount, we are producing so much food and not creating any settler so selling 100 food for 250gp every now and then brings in enough.

@Forster do you wanna join us? you can't mess it up more than I have

Top Bottom