-phile thread

What countryophile are you?

• Total voters
useless said:
except from raping and killing natives

A Pom talking about raping and killing natives. Get back in your hole.

I must confess I'm an Anglophile, and a bit of a Russo, German, Indo, Japan, Arab, Perso, Mongol and Americophile too. I also have an unhealthy fascination with the Ottoman Empire, though not so much with modern Turkey.

Mostly Sinophile since I've been studying Mandarin for two years now. The culture and history are also very fascinating.
What I really don't like about the culture is that chinese sometimes seem to be unreliable and chaotic, but compared to Germany who isn't ?

Korea-phile, Japanophile, Hellenophile, Perso-phile

Glad we're beating the French but disappointed that the Germans are out in front.

(The universality of that above comment, that it could be said at almost any historical time period and in almost any context, is something to behold.)

Macedonia #1

Oh, I forgot to mention I have a fetish for the Habsburgs.

Especially Charles V. I wish I could inherit four kingdoms from my grandparents and build a massive multinational empire...

I also like how they were more focused on power than ethnicity and such(if I recall right).

Any American who voted "Americophile" should automatically be switched to Anglophile since we were not supposed to vote for our own country, and since the UK is our mother country it is the logical alternative.

That, I believe, would push Anglophile to the lead! God save the Queen!

Japan, China, and SE Asia; particularly Malaysia and Brunei I find fascinating. All four of those countries I have some degree of familiarity with in terms of history and culture. At least, more so than other random countries. I'm also learning the Malay and Cantonese languages, with Hokkien hopefully in the future.

Any American who voted "Americophile" should automatically be switched to Anglophile since we were not supposed to vote for our own country, and since the UK is our mother country it is the logical alternative.

That, I believe, would push Anglophile to the lead! God save the Queen!

Your culture is hardly just English in origin.

We were British, then Americans. They were our mother country that we broke from.

We were British, then Americans. They were our mother country that we broke from.

That applies to maybe 15% of your landmass and about 25% of your states.

Actually, the treaty gave us westward to the Mississippi River, so a bit more than 15% of our landmass right off the bat :)

That same treaty, btw, gives the UK perpetual access to the Mississippi River. It's sad the Limeys don't take advantage of it to operate gambling steamboats up and down its length.

I'm surprised how poorly the Russians are faring. It would seem like a country that is easy to become interested in.

Only in a train wreck sort of way.

Top Bottom