[PIE's Ancient Europe;(PAE)] - Let the animal inside loose!

Which type of a bug?

What is going on with this game? :(

I don't know. In the last 3 months or so I was usually able to play my turn right after I received the save, yet had to wait sometimes as long as a week for the next one. I understand that everyone has a life. But at one point we had 2 saves coming in on one day, so a more rapid cycle should be at least possible.

I don't know. In the last 3 months or so I was usually able to play my turn right after I received the save, yet had to wait sometimes as long as a week for the next one. I understand that everyone has a life. But at one point we had 2 saves coming in on one day, so a more rapid cycle should be at least possible.

Same problem here. I can't play my turn.

Oh, btw, while reading stuff here and there, I found the Egyptian expression for phoenicia, which is identical to Canaan.

I don't know much about most of the hieroglyphs, but the "crown", which is in fact "three hills" is symbol of "foreign country", further emphasized with the stick hieroglyph besides representing the curved stick (the Lissàn) hunter gatherers use to hunt.

Well, I don't even know why I'm saying all these stuff.
Log out.

Why cannot you play?

Here is what we need to do, guys:

Funky: Please go to your folder, erase the 2908 BC save to Hiram, re-play your turn from here, and email it to Manco/Tachy.

Manco: Go to your folder, make sure there are no 2908 BC files there, open your turn, it should be with no pause, play it and upload it to Tracker. We will continue with tracker as normal after that.

For some strange reason Tachy just changed, and not just his name. He used to be smart about game issues, inventive problem solver, passionate about the game and ... fun. Now it takes days before he even posts here. I wonder what happened? New girlfriend? :love:

Zzzzzzz.

By the way, on April 15 I'm going to Cameroon. I'll be back on May 4. Nothing seems to be happening here anyway... :(

Manco,

You aare the host, man. Act like one (both host and man).:undecide:

It's not the best timing to have to take a break when we just got going again. But I wish you all the best for the next three weeks. I hope the wild animals aren't quite as rabid in Cameroon as they are in PAE!

Take care and see you in May. :)

Funky, you travel in so many interesting places, dude! What job did you got -- UN peacekeeper? :)

Greetings from Cameroon, everyone :)

It has been a very interesting time here with many experiences, both of the awesome and of the disheartening type. I dont work for the UN, Tigranes, Im just a teacher ;) Im here for a school project, trying to establish school partnerships and building up relations with the ministry of education and other relevant institutions. It has been a success so far, despite several logistical problems. Having spent some nights with very poor families where basic things like getting water and using the toilet become difficult chores, we should really value our wealth in the first world, which we so often take for granted.

Today is the first day I can use the internet. I checked my mails and noticed with some confusion that our PAE game seems to have progressed without me. I left at a time of some crucial choices concerning my nation. So I really want to play these turns myself. I hope you can show some patience and are willing to go back these turns. Ill be home on Sunday, so its not a long wait.

I wish you all the best for now. Its time to enjoy the equatorial sun again. :)

Who was playing your turns anyways?..

I dont know. Needless to say, I am rather displeased that someone would just play my turns, especially without leaving any note. It also apparently means that this someone can spy into our turns at any time which kind of ruins the purpose of multiplayer.

I continued with the game at the point where I left for my trip (2884 BC). Since this seems to cause difficulties with PBEMtracker, I sent an email with the save to Tachy.

I am still baffled that the game was just continued without any comment, even after I had posted here from Africa. I don't need an apology, but I do expect a measure to be taken to prevent everyone from being able to look into other players' turns (let alone play them). I didn't know this was even possible, since this is my first PBEM game, but obviously it can't be the norm.

Top Bottom