Pie's Ancient Europe

Reduce the science slider for a turn or two.
You shouldnt reduce it below 50% btw. All below 50% could cause civil disorders in ur cities if im not mistaken.

I am having trouble getting this mod to work, everything works fine until the loading screen gets to Init XML after which it simply won't load any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi Cyrikus and welcome!

Do you have CIV IV BTS 3.19 (last patch from Firaxis) installed?

Did you copy the files into the main CIV BTS Mods folder and not into MyDocuments/MyGames...?

Should you play this with Raging Barbs on or off?

Or let me rephrase, what's the default setting?

I always play with raging barbs + aggressive ai. I forgot what default setting is tbh. I think it (if it isnt) should be default. More fun. ;)

Yeah it seems like it. Bots and barbs in MP acted like they did in SP when I tried aggravating everything up, so I guess it's the default.

@Cyr: no steam should do nothing about it. perhaps another mod that has changed your customfolders, like BUG mod? delete custom folders (or rename it, if you use them)

hm loading screen of what. of loading the mod? of loading a certain scenario? of loading a certain random map?

the xml error: does it say anything about NONE Type? UNITCLASS not found?

Loading screen as in when I use the "load a mod" thing it gets half way then freezes no error or anything it just freezes when it gets to Init XML.

hm, aha. Just wait a little longer. perhaps it needs lots of loading time. during the Beta, while I don't use fpk files, it really takes some minutes (5 or so) till it gets loaded the first time. after the first loading, it only takes 20 secs. there are lots of units in PAE that want to get initialized ;).

And if you don't use 4core, it even takes longer... (but only the first time)

about the workers and wild animals. that's ok. and the kind of improving plots is programmed in SDK. I think, there is a random chance either the pasture gets on an empty plot first or not.

Truly I doubt any serious improvement when you say that that is ok. Such an answer is actually beyond me. I just had to write that.
Bad management is not ok in this game.

This is the kind of game with potential that you quickly get bored of, which is a shame.

@Cyrikus Are you running Civ IV on a Mac? I had the same problem on my Macbook Pro and Keinpferd helped me out:

"Get Textwrangler (it's free) and open in the directory Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods/PieAncientEuropeV/Assets/XML/Text/ the file PAEGameTextInfos.xml. Find in Textwrangler's "Text" menu "Zap Gremlins". Choose "Delete". This will eliminate all Mac unfriendly Windows Unicode characters. Apply the same procedure on every file in the text folder and save the changed files."

@Horatius I must dissent and say I don't see what your problem is. You're asking for fundamental changes that are beyond what Pie & Co. can easily do and after five major revisions to the mod there aren't many players who are complaining about it. Pie has volunteered countless hours and I, for one, have not gotten bored with this mod. If you don't like it, then make your own modmod.

You know... when something is provided free and you don't like it, you request for a change, not demand for a change.

If the request is turned down, then instead of complaining, do it yourself

You know... when something is provided free and you don't like it, you request for a change, not demand for a change.

If the request is turned down, then instead of complaining, do it yourself

Coding is time consuming. PIE, to my knowledge, focuses only on Python coding. In addition, when requesting a change, maybe you can suggest what you want the end result to be as opposed to the AI is $%#@.

Constructive criticism speeds things up. Dacubz said he wanted a new DCM mission and gave me help on how it should work, so I made it in a week or two.

thx all, but Horatius, you request sthg that is hard coded by firaxes and its SDK (I strongly believe). The behavior of the AI to build pastures or mines is untouched. I even try my best (not only via Python) to guide the AI to best results, but almost every step of automated things, is based on a random factor. Otherwise every step would be calculable by HI and then it would be really boring, I promise.

Horatius, don't get the idea, we will eat you alive for a bit of criticism. I personally always felt, Facebook and the entire online world needed a #$%#@ button. We should be free to dislike. It's our human right, to be in a bad mood, grantig, grumpy, and all negative about something, sometimes forgetting the constructive in constructive criticism.

Let everyone adjust the frankness-politeness-slider a little more in whichever direction he prefers. Let the mind run free. Just that turns anger into creativity. And the latter, I guess, is what PAE is about (and what stolenrays' and platyping's stuff and everybody else's with an interest in modding is about).

Is there any chance u could improve F1 feature. I want to maintain happiness/health but if i sort cities by one of those to criteria and if i select a city to change something (no growth/production...) the sorting is canceled. It takes more time to finish easy stuff and more importantly its easy to miss a city that needs attention, especially if u have more than 10 of them.
Saw the similar suggestion in K-Mod and im presenting it here.

Truly I doubt any serious improvement when you say that that is ok. Such an answer is actually beyond me. I just had to write that.
Bad management is not ok in this game.

This is the kind of game with potential that you quickly get bored of, which is a shame.

you are just kidding, aren't you? You can't be serious... so... See This Fantastic Url that fits your comment on your own...

Top Bottom