Pie's Ancient Europe

oh thx for the text line.

yes, I could, but then I even got the problem, that I can't handle the unit disband in python. there is no function for this to add code.

OK, after thinking and making a small test, my suggestion is that if you can disallow settling on jungle, then those tiles could be valued as 2 food, 1 hammer giving +0,20 unhealthiness to nearby cities and maybe 10% damage to units.
Again I'm only thinking on the AI and I still would like to test it out to be sure. But I insist that they do much worse on jungle than when, for example, they settle near some swamps. A big jungle patch is just the worst for them.

There many other small errors by the AI in the early game that really add up in the course of time.
Small example: making the first pasture improvement on a non-resource tile when there is an unimproved cow right next to the city (and workers also constantly interrupting its work because of animal threats, being unprotected).

Just one more thing for now: they many times delay leadership, or even if they tech it fast enough, they may take dozens of turns before deciding to build the palace which should have the highest priority, imho.
Indeed, below immortal difficulty it's not that difficult to get ahead of the AIs just by figuring out what is the most effective and fastest way to get the palace and be able to run royalty and dynasty.

About the swamp. I will try. I will also reduce jungle plots on random maps. because I have to change the MapGeneration because of the new dense forest, I check this file anyway.
so that the AI will only be able to settle next to a jungle, it should be better!

about the workers and wild animals. that's ok. and the kind of improving plots is programmed in SDK. I think, there is a random chance either the pasture gets on an empty plot first or not.

AI and tech choosing. this will be fully improved by Thorgal. all best for the AI will be scripted.
That the AI should build the palace first when getting the tech, this is already implemented.

Will the realistic border expansion be implemented maybe? If you dont know what that is for some reason (i doubt it) its the different culture spread speed over different terrain. So its hard to push ur borders over mountains, less hard over hills, rivers, forests and normal spread over plains, grasslands.

Aside from that culture spread suggestion you might want to see the mechanics K-Mod uses. Culture is spread in way more strategic and interesting way. I strongly recommend taking a look at least.

oh thx for the text line.

yes, I could, but then I even got the problem, that I can't handle the unit disband in python. there is no function for this to add code.

Good news is there is. onUnitLost is activated
Bad news is it is activated under other circumstances as well, death and gift. Beside these 3 circumstances, I guess that leaves events and python effects for a unit to be lost.

If it is simple stuff like adding 500 gold for disbanding a unit, you can still use onUnitLost to add 500, then onUnitKilled and onUnitGifted to minus 500, so that the net effect is it is only activated on disband.

However, if it is a message display, I doubt you can separate it

"onUnitLost" would be the good one imo. You should be really careful with minorities! ;)
Does onUnitLost include onUnitKilled and onUnitGifted or those are totally separate conditions?

I got yet another idea. :D
Its hard to for me to understand the concept of technology trade at all ages before Renaissance. It wasnt common for civs to trade technologies at that time, maybe really rarely. What really happened (or is believed) is technology diffusion. This happened when people were free to go to other lands and learn from others and then returned that knowledge to their lands. My suggestion is implementing this. This would be the way to do it. If you are researching a tech that nobody has u get the default time to finish the research. But if one or more of your neighbors has that tech the time you need to research it would be reduced by a certain percentage. Of course you would need open borders deal with them in order to make it work. If more neighbors have it reduction would be greater. This would make open borders deals more strategic and valuable.
Im not sure but i think this was implemented into Realism Invictus - so this isnt really my idea but its still a suggestion. ;)

1) onUnitGifted is straightforward, I doubt I have to explain
2) onUnitKilled is activated regardless of what kills the unit, whether in combat, or it is loaded in a transport and the transport died, or nukes etc
3) onUnitLost is activated when 1 or 2 is activated and also when unit is disbanded.

Thus, if you have codes in onUnitKilled and onUnitLost, both are activated together when the unit died for example

Well, onUnitKilled is a good one if u lose that emigrant by any means, and onUnitGifted is for boost. Seems possible from a distant non-modder view.

This info could be useful. Tnx platyping!

En Dotter: no need for that, cause there are 2 new features earning foreign techs:
1. conquer a city
2. being vassal
and this wouldn't be very realisic, while the greeks practised their philosophies in there academies, the scyths start riding on horses with axe and bow. nobody of them did ever benefit from the other and they are neighbours! and that's only one example.
I think it's a good idea in modern times, but in the ancient era, there should be a difference between civs because of knowhow! caesar fought against chariots and he laughed!

platyping: thx for that info, now it's better for me to try me in a solution to that cultural emigrant.

and this wouldn't be very realisic, while the greeks practised their philosophies in there academies, the scyths start riding on horses with axe and bow. nobody of them did ever benefit from the other and they are neighbours! and that's only one example.
I think it's a good idea in modern times, but in the ancient era, there should be a difference between civs because of knowhow! caesar fought against chariots and he laughed!

I really dont know history that much but i will ask u something then. Did they have "open borders" then. If Scytians and Greeks had pupulation mixing and trade and such stuff i agree with u. This suggestion would be wrong. But if they didnt have "open borders" it fits the suggestion.

i cannot build a pasture where the sheep are at rome.i have teched husbandry.the pasrure bottomed is greyed out.anyone help ?

En_Dotter: in truth, there were no "cultural" borders. troops and watchtowers at roads or rivers were the only way to draw a "border". if you don't had troops there, the land was open, eg for the neighbour tribe or for bandits ;) The same with sea borders (territorial waters).

In ancient times, you could travel through every country. they was trading from england till india. from the neolithicum on. no need to be a merchant. the only dangerous things you had to watch out: you could have been robbed, killed, enslaved.... :D

Fair enough. As i said i dont know history that well. Tnx for the info ;)

ehm, chips: sorry, I forgot:

Multiplayer in PAE V Beta is much better than in PAE IV but I had troubles with OOS later on. I'm on the way to fix that too....

About the cultural emigrant:
- I will add and remove culture with an emigrant, but I won't change any attitude, because who knows what a group of a tribe does miles away. even in the neigbourhood they didn't know what the others do. a very tragical example was the end of the expansion of the Cimbri and Teutons: After the Cimbri and Teutons split, the Teutons were defeated by the Romans. The Cimbri and Teutons wanted to meet in Italy but the Cimbri didn't hear anything about the battle of the Romans vs their friends. If they would have heard about it... but the Romans let them believe, that their friends are coming soon, while the Romans arrived with lots of reinforces for the last tragic battle....

it shows again, that the Romans are not even more civilized than all the others

ehm, chips: sorry, I forgot:

About the cultural emigrant:
- I will add and remove culture with an emigrant, but I won't change any attitude, because who knows what a group of a tribe does miles away. even in the neigbourhood they didn't know what the others do. a very tragical example was the end of the expansion of the Cimbri and Teutons: After the Cimbri and Teutons split, the Teutons were defeated by the Romans. The Cimbri and Teutons wanted to meet in Italy but the Cimbri didn't hear anything about the battle of the Romans vs their friends. If they would have heard about it... but the Romans let them believe, that their friends are coming soon, while the Romans arrived with lots of reinforces for the last tragic battle....

it shows again, that the Romans are not even more civilized than all the others

There are no "nice" tactics in war.

The best way is reaching mercenaries technology and making mercenary post. Then u can train units and sell them. Other way is using trade units in other nation cities. Those are slaves, merchants, caravans, kefitons (if u have them) and some naval merchants (that comes later). For starts selling units and doing trade missions.

Top Bottom