Piffle – Official Embassy

They do take over. (I just did this for anoterh PBEM game) Good thing we switched to Free Religion....

I've tested. The AI does take over from a retiring human, even if there are no AIs on the board.

method:
1. create new pbem game, duel map, 3 humans, no AI
2. wander until all settlers can see eachother
3. found the 3 capitals, as close together as possible
4. on the next turn, retire the first civ
5. observe the AI moving the warrior for the first civ at the end of the 3rd civ's turn.
QED

well - this is disappointing - but probably better than some of the other options proposed. At least the AI will play the save quickly! :lol: ;)

And Piffle really hasn't been doing much lately anyway.

However - after we kill off Innovia, With Piffle an AI, I expect Aloha will probably also just retire and let the AI have their empire also :sad:

Or perhaps AIpiffle will look like an easier target for Aloha :hmm:

I doubt the AI will every get too friendly with Aloha, so that would eliminate the threat of a dog-pile.

If Piffle really is going to Retire Peter Shoudl switch teams...bring it on ;)

Can't Peter just become The Leader's Viceroy in Piffle? Establishing a caretaker government until The Leader assumes his rightful place as ruler of the world? :worship:

What makes you think that wouldn't happen? ;)

Of course, if I am recruited to lead the Pifflenatressian Nation, my historical ties to The Leader will not be erased. After all, I was the first member of Epsilon Team!

Nay, I will not hand a victory to Epsilon, unless that victory also elevates me - after all, the goal of the game is to win. Every member of every team must play to win. If I join Piffle, I will do whatever I can to ensure a victory for Piffle. I will also rename most of their towns, as I think those names are pretty lame :p

Of course you do - everyone knows the easiest victory to pull off in a tough situation is Cultural :)

...and to get DaveMcW to go all Aloha on you ;)

I got a PM from conroe. He said that he was posting something in the Piffle forum concerning me becoming their turn-player. He doubted anyone would express objections.

So I may not be here much longer ;)

Just remeber we will still honour our deals. Half of the innovian cities are yours once Aloha is out of the game. Make A List I will offer them to you ;)

That said any :backstab: and the redeployment Piffle Secret plan will have to go into effect. (It has been drafted up over the past 2 weeks since this discussion started, and has been outside of the forum so that one P. Grimes. would be privey to.)

But let's be friends :)

Yeah - it's looking more and more like it was a good decision to move that discussion off the CFC boards :thumbsup:

By all means, go play to win Peter... but don't do anything rash :D

Peter is now gone to Piffle! :wow:
Ginger_Ale said:
I've removed peter grimes from Epsilon, but to become a part of Piffle, he needs to apply for that group; then I'll add him. Let me know if there are any problems...
Conroe sent a PM request and CCd me - GA also copied me when he replied.

So... I guess we can talk openly again! ;) :lol:

But seriously - we're probably going to have to deal with a resurgent Piffle now.
Which is GREAT if it means the game is going to move again :thumbsup:

Ultimately our plan agaisn't Piffle is simple. Sink Ships. I think we need to issue a statement to them of the "Neutral" zone for water. And Loaded Galleons in the "Neutral" zone will be a declaration of war.

Anyone Care to draw up the Neutral Zone Map?

Got a letter from Peter of Piffle:
Hi Josh,

Please post this email in the Epsilon forum.

I'm now on Piffle, so we can't talk about epsilon stuff anymore. But there are a couple of housekeeping things you guys should take care of:
gmail password
game password
gmail auto-forward (i set epsilonteam@gmail to auto-forward to peter.smith.grimes@gmail. Please remove this!!)

I understand if you don't care to make new passwords for the game and gmail - I won't actively try to gain access to those. But the auto-forward MUST be turned off by you guys. I won't log into Epsilon's gmail to do it myself.

And for the record, I won't ever open any of the old saves (or screenshots) that are auto-archived on my system. That's not in the spirit of the game. You have my word.

I hope we can't wait for us all to have access to the other teams' forums - I'm having a blast going through Piffle's threads!

-Peter

I went ahead and deleted the gmail auto-forward to Peter's account.
I trust Peter to not open any of our saves, so I don't think we need to worry about changing our game password... assuming we ever get another save. :gripe:

Anyone disagree and think we need to change the password?

Top Bottom