1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Sommerswerd, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

What is "SG":blush:?

EDIT: D@mn... tried to edit that out before anyone saw it to avoid this argument but tobiasn caught it before I did it seems:sad:

2. tobiasn

tobiasn Chieftain

Yeah.. about that. Love the idea of that mod, but it's incompatible with Macs (uses modified DLL). If we indeed include that mod, that should be made pretty clear for everyone in advance.

3. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Spielgrad
    = Difficulty level

4. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

About the mods.
    If we play with one, then every player must install it or not?

If yes, then its a ko-criterion and imo you need more than 5 votes of 9. I (for me) wouldn't install it.

5. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Yes, everyone who logs into the game would need to have it installed.

6. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Best if we avoid mods, then.

That is a personal opinion.

7. plako

plako Chieftain

Talonschild and Husch. Both of your teams are currently voting yes for double move mod.

If you let me decide difficulty level, it will be Monarch. The current average is probably closer to Emperor so I would say it has to be either Monarch or Emperor.

There aren't many votes concerning barbs and since default is having them on. I'll leave them be.

I also changed the map size from Large to Huge. So here are the almost finalized map settings:
    Map - MAPMAKER'S CHOICE, something random/special, decent amount of land, not archipelago
    Wrap - TOROIDAL
    Mirrored starts - NO (capital locations are very similar though)
    Fair/balanced starts - YES
    Corporations - ON
    Barbs - ON
    Speed - NORMAL
    Huts - OFF
    Allow all teams pre-optics contact - YES
    Size - Huge (game setting) - In reality something between 80-100 x 40-60
    Difficulty - Monarch-Emperor

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Well usually the host/coordinator of the Pitboss just sets all the settings, mods, rules etc unilaterally, right? But this is a special case where we are actually even having votes on the settings. I think starting to demand that this or that setting needs a bigger-than-majority-vote is going to overcomplicate things. Maybe we should just stick with simple majority votes and Mapmakers choice for the other stuff.

9. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Plako said earlier that his recommendation for a good balance was for Monarch. Currently team votes are split between Monarch and Emperor. I suggest that if no team registers a preference by the end of today (12:00am UTC on 9 June 2012), then we default to Plako's preference on this issue (Monarch). The same thing with barbarians - if there are not enough votes for a majority by the end of today, we default to ON (not raging).

Yes.

While I agree with this, note that your team has voted FOR the use of the mod. If you vote AGAINST the mod, then it will no longer have a majority vote (4/9). I would recommend that other teams who have an issue with every player installing a mod - not to mention Mac users being locked out - reconsider their votes as well.

10. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Chieftain

Spanish Apoly cant take a choice about this. So, we accept what the rest choice

11. Manolo65

Manolo65 Chieftain

Spanish Apoly
    finally we decided barbarians off

12. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Barbarians OFF is way more fair for competitive purposes, as some people will get more barbarians, and other will get none. But this is a real concern where a close competition is the main goal of a game to be played. In the current game, I think having fun is way more important and having barbarians ON it is part of the game and disabling them will take away part of the beauty and randomness which I think we all love about Civ.

13. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

Speaking for myself, when I wander around civ4 I just get a barb axe in my back. It kinda kills my enjoyment of the scenery. :p

In any case, this isn't about whether you can survive the game, it's about whether you can survive each other.

14. plako

plako Chieftain

Team Apolyton. I think only your votes are currently missing from the "Final settings / Final ruleset" thread. Could you post your preferences there?

15. 2metraninja

On the other hand, if one have difficulties surviving the brainless barbarians, how can he be expected to survive the finest civ minds from all over the world? :mischief:

16. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

I'd rather plan for what other civs can do, not random nefarious mobs that flip a coin and decide which civ is going to have to waste turns and hammers dealing with stuff other civs don't have to.

17. 2metraninja

Just as I already said, barbarians OFF is way more fair. Not sure about fun though :)

18. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

Apolyton view is : Barbs off.

I am not team captain or official spokesperson so can't post in final settings thread but I believe our views on all above issues have been communicated.

19. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Has anyone seen WPC or their civ/leader choice?

20. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

They did pick Ragnar.
    I suggest sending the next team a PM after picking. This could speed up the process.