• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Planning for Airports, Bombers and Tanks

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
After next turnchat, we'll be researching Motorized Transportation, and hopefully flight. Tanks and bombers are 100 shields, and I'd like to get the following cities up to speed after Egypt is nearly defeated (note - Groton is already at 100spt).

Cities and their current spt

Duex Rivieres - 72spt
Sanction - 60spt (It's possible this might be a fighter/infantry-only city). It has some more tiles that can be used once cleared.
Ooligaria - 46spt (move an irragated plains to a desert tile, and mine it, and it might be 50spt, tanks and bombers every 2 turns)
New Falcon's Haven - 46spt. Mine an irragated plains, and it might hit 50spt.
Cijam - 46spt. Move a floodplain tile to the mined plains, and it's over 50spt.

If we can get atleast these 5 cities to 50spt, we can build tanks and bombers every 2 turns. It won't take much to bring them up to speed. That's 25 tanks, or bombers from these cities in 10 turns, and 10 more tanks or bombers from Groton (unless we want armies). If these cities are to build bombers, then build an airport. I'd also like atleast 15-20 cities with airports so that we can airlift to the other continent.

Just for reference:

Code:
*100 shield units are best used in 100+spt, 50spt, 25spt, and 20spt cities.

Bombers		100 shields
Tanks		100 shields
Transports	100 shields

*80 shield units are best used in 80spt, 40spt, and 20spt cities.

Infantry	80 shields
Fighters	80 shields
Artillery	80 shields

*120 shield units are best used in 120spt, 60spt, and 30spt cities.

Destroyer	120 shields

*200 shield units are best used in 100spt, and 50spt cities.

Battleship	200 shields

Deux Rivieres can be MM'd to get 80spt after corruption, by going negative food to get 80spt, and then going positive food and building something which isn't a good fit like a 100 shield unit for 2 turns. The waste is costly but that method at least minimizes it. Maybe other cities can do the same to get just over one of the magic numbers.

Originally posted by Chieftess
I'd also like atleast 15-20 cities with airports so that we can airlift to the other continent.
The initial D-Day is done with transports. And we can shuttle in 1 turn from Anarchisgodville to Samaria. 10 transports (5 each direction) allows to ship 40 units each turn.

And if we go the airlift way: we only need enough airports to lift every unit produced per turn to the other continent. Do you really believe, we will produce 15-20 units per turn?

Yes, a blitzkrieg will be the plan of attack. (and I'll have my finger on the ban button incase a certain penguin decides to sign a certain... song. :p - DG2 half-joke for those of you who don't know). When we attack the Aztecs last (it seems the people want Persia after the Zulus), we'll place several armies around the choke point so that the Aztecs are forced to travel through it. I've done this once, and the effects were deadly to the AI. A Great Leader factory.

Top Bottom