Political Party / Citizen Group subforum?

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Easy question -- should we ask Thunderfall for a subforum for citizen groups and political parties?

My opinion is yes we should ask for this. The political traffic in the citizen forum has had a tendency to swamp the actual game discussion threads.

I like the idea for a political subForum, it allows different parties to branch out more and really be political. It also allows people who dont want to deal with the political termoil to stay out of that forum.

I for one believe a political sub-forum would be a good idea.

Like GA said, interest in each party will probably die, or just a few remain active, do we really need one? i think we dont.

I haven't visited the citizen's sub-forum for sometime now because I know that everything there is political party stuff. I'm all for giving them their own forum.

Sub-forum has my two cents! But maybe after the couple of terms so that we know which parties are going to stay active.

You know what, now I'm for it.

These citizens group things are getting out of hand...they take up WAY too much space in this forum. They don't really have any purpose, but let them have their own forum so I can come to the citizens' forum and actually read discussion, not people talking about their party in a thread that so far hasn't done anything.

[/rant]

Come on GA, we're talking about great stuff in the Idiot Partee. ;)

Let's call the subforum "Fun & Games" and just rename the existing warmup game forum. That way it doesn't take up any more space than we already have, and we can hold other events in there like a DGers PBEM.

I'll volunteer to handle the request, once we've decided exactly what we want to do.

Pleeeeeeease... When only one of the first thirteen threads in the forum have something to do with game discussion, I find less and less initiative to come here and post!

I PM'd Rik and Chieftess, and got no response. Since there has been no significant comments against this reorganization, I guess I'll have to contact Thunderfall myself. :mischief:

Actually, just to make it more legal and more formal, I think I'll hold a quick info poll first.

We take enough from TF, with the Demogame Forums.. the MTDG's. Asking him of more is insulting.

It's is not insulting, it is helpful.

If by getting a subforum for Citizen Groups, we thus make the discussion more accessible and prominent, thus increasing participation, and therefore making the DG even better. Why would he take insult to a proposal that will help his forums?

We should not have to feel that we cannot approach him if there is a reasonable request.

Top Bottom