• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe there are good materials enough in 0.12 to release a first more than decent version 1 of MWVP. Don't you think?
With only what works well.
I will release official v1 after finishing all planned wonders for Information and Atomic Era. For now, numbering is not so important. From gameplay perspective nothing changes, because I try to make them playable in 100%, even though it's called beta.
I noticed two identical new Lakes NW with different colors.
I know you'll make all your possible to have always more in your mods, but here it's maybe too much? One lovely colored Lake as a new NW , it's mind blowing. Two make both disappointing.
I don't know what you saw, but there's only Lake Victoria and Lake Retba on the map. I suppose Dallol is "second colorful lake", but it's magmatic creation, used to be called also a volcano, even though it doesn't look like a volcano, with totally different spawning conditions and unique bonuses. It's not "lake" in normal meaning. It's rather a death trap where temperature doesn't fall below 25 celsius degrees.

And they are not identical with their shapes. Trust me :) I used google images to copy the contours.

Last edited:
I will release official v1 after finishing all planned wonders for Information and Atomic Era. For now, numbering is not so important. From gameplay perspective nothing changes, because I try to make them playable in 100%, even though it's called beta.I don't know what you saw, but there's only Lake Victoria and Lake Retba on the map. I suppose Dallol is "second colorful lake", but it's magmatic creation, used to be called also a volcano, even though it doesn't look like a volcano, with totally different spawning conditions and unique bonuses. It's not "lake" in normal meaning. It's rather a death trap where temperature doesn't fall below 25 celsius degrees.

And they are not identical with their shapes. Trust me :) I used google images to copy the contours.
This question was probably asked, but Infixo also has a More Wonders mod with similar wonders like yours. I'm pretty sure that mod has been dropped, though, so I'll use this one instead

This question was probably asked, but Infixo also has a More Wonders mod with similar wonders like yours. I'm pretty sure that mod has been dropped, though, so I'll use this one instead
Ehh, please read carefully first post of the thread. It will answer your question.

Dear adan_eslavo,

Two points noted in my last game :

upload_2021-8-2_20-33-44.png

Golden Dagon Pagoda no longer gives an archaeologist but a promotion allowing entry into the territories of other civilizations without open border.

And a remark about terrain limitation of Polar Expedition

upload_2021-8-2_20-34-26.png

I think that no Water is very retrictive, especially since all the expeditions necessarily started from a city or a coastal town.
What would you think of snow, coastal city and beyond a certain lattitude?
I don't know if it's easily doable but since map scripts use this feature, maybe is it possible?

Last edited:
With the wonders which are unlocked by completing a policy tree, why are there terrain requirements for their build? I think that causes too many restrictions. I like the terrain restrictions for all of the other wonders though, as it prevents wonder spamming. Would you consider the fact completing a policy branch and only getting to choose 1 of 3 wonders to be the sole restriction for those wonders?

With the wonders which are unlocked by completing a policy tree, why are there terrain requirements for their build? I think that causes too many restrictions. I like the terrain restrictions for all of the other wonders though, as it prevents wonder spamming. Would you consider the fact completing a policy branch and only getting to choose 1 of 3 wonders to be the sole restriction for those wonders?
Massive restriction on building Wonder is in the ADN of this Mod and that's fine. But terrain + policy tree is maybe too much. I agree.
Btw, I'd like to see this MW mod splits in two mods. Building Wonders and Natural Wonders. This last one would be stuck in my Mod folder for ever :)

This is compatible with EE, so why does it break the normal EE wonders? When I build a normal EE wonder it just shows something with the lines of TXT_KEY at the end, any way to fix this/what could cause this?

This is compatible with EE, so why does it break the normal EE wonders? When I build a normal EE wonder it just shows something with the lines of TXT_KEY at the end, any way to fix this/what could cause this?
Where did read that? Compatibility between these two mods were never made. I cannot honestly tell you what is the problem, but I suppose you have in mind the popup screen with ww image, the quote etc. This part was reworked in my mod and is surely broken for EE wws. Im working on v0.13 which will be the 1st version with serious EE compatibility I can confirm.

Where did read that? Compatibility between these two mods were never made. I cannot honestly tell you what is the problem, but I suppose you have in mind the popup screen with ww image, the quote etc. This part was reworked in my mod and is surely broken for EE wws. Im working on v0.13 which will be the 1st version with serious EE compatibility I can confirm.
I thought these two mods were compatible, because, you know - it literally says you will add new EE wonders? You should probably fix this first
Yep, it pops up in the wonder screen. On civpedia it's fine and dandy, but when the wonder gets built, there's just the broken description for it. How close are you to v0.13?

Summer slows down work a bit. And I have some things still undone.

Is there a bug with natural wonder spawning? I loaded MW v0.12 on VP 7-1-3 and in 20+ huge maps across different map scripts I was never able to get Great Barrier Reef or Krakatoa to spawn, and Giant's Causeway spawned only once.

Is there a bug with natural wonder spawning? I loaded MW v0.12 on VP 7-1-3 and in 20+ huge maps across different map scripts I was never able to get Great Barrier Reef or Krakatoa to spawn, and Giant's Causeway spawned only once.
How much games did you play? This is useful because it will let us know how much games you've played and how OFTEN wonders appear. They appeared for me so...
It's probably a mod conflict, because I can't really imagine anything else.

How much games did you play? This is useful because it will let us know how much games you've played and how OFTEN wonders appear. They appeared for me so...
It's probably a mod conflict, because I can't really imagine anything else.
I mentioned in that post that I started 20 games with only VP 7-1-3 and MW v0.12. I tested using IGE because I noticed the pattern in a couple of my previous games.

Some NWs may not spawn because I didn't balanced their Frequency well last time. It will be fixed in v0.13.
Culprit was recent change in AssignStartingPlots.lua file in VP.
Fixed spawn rate for some rare NWs should achieve 20-30%. For very frequent NWs shouldn't be above 75%.

Some NWs may not spawn because I didn't balanced their Frequency well last time. It will be fixed in v0.13.
Culprit was recent change in AssignStartingPlots.lua file in VP.
Fixed spawn rate for some rare NWs should achieve 20-30%. For very frequent NWs shouldn't be above 75%.
Can I test this by replacing the AssignStartingPlots.lua file in MW v0.12 with the v0.13 one on your github or do I need to wait until v0.13 is fully released?

Now you can try. I uploaded to github all files changed recently. Download 2 files: AssignStartingPlots.lua file and NaturalWondersCustomMethods.lua file. It's important to have them both. 3rd file you need is NaturalWondersLocations.xml. Substitute those 3 files and you should have the most recent spawning conditions.

Last edited:
Dear adan_eslavo,

Two points noted in my last game :

View attachment 604205

Golden Dagon Pagoda no longer gives an archaeologist but a promotion allowing entry into the territories of other civilizations without open border.
Corrected.

And a remark about terrain limitation of Polar Expedition

View attachment 604206

I think that no Water is very retrictive, especially since all the expeditions necessarily started from a city or a coastal town.
What would you think of snow, coastal city and beyond a certain lattitude?
I don't know if it's easily doable but since map scripts use this feature, maybe is it possible?
Approved.

Approved.
Just a thought, I always play on maps where the poles are open (Communitas mainly), I'm not sure that it is easy to build coastal cities at the poles on a Communitu79 type map and in this case, Coastal city as limitation become blocking, I will check.

Massive restriction on building Wonder is in the ADN of this Mod and that's fine. But terrain + policy tree is maybe too much. I agree.
Btw, I'd like to see this MW mod splits in two mods. Building Wonders and Natural Wonders. This last one would be stuck in my Mod folder for ever :)

I would like to emphatically second this. The "building wonders" are a bit much for my tastes; they're not bad, there are just WAY too many of them for me. But the natural wonders half is fantastic, especially the Civ 6-style popup. THAT I think that @Gazebo should yoink for the main mod.

Top Bottom