[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is really outdated version inside my mod folder (more than a year) and that's why I want to update it to the latest one. What version of VP you're using?
I will clarify the instruction. If 43-civ file was up to date, then you should copy it from the folder Addons/43-civ to 2.NaturalWonders/DefaultFiles and substitute.
If you use wrong or outdated version with 43-civ installation, then crashes may occur.

EDIT:
OP updated with more detailed info.

Thank you for the instructions, it worked with just your mod and VP installed. I am using version 7-1-3 of VP and I uploaded AssignStartingPlots.lua from the (6c) 43 Civ CP folder of the VP mod.

Thank you for the instructions, it worked with just your mod and VP installed. I am using version 7-1-3 of VP and I uploaded AssignStartingPlots.lua from the (6c) 43 Civ CP folder of the VP mod.
Excellent. I will update this file with my changes and it will be published with 0.13 version. Fresh new start.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!
@JohnnyNT @Moi Magnus Anyone, who works/plays on Multiplayer modpacks: VP declined to help me with CTDs you told me about with this mod. I don't play modpacks too, at least for now. The only way for you is then to debug modpack by yourself and analyze the cause of CTD. I suppose it is something related to Natural Wonders, but if this can be fixed by me or rather VP makers, we would know after some clues would be found. I cannot help you more. Sorry.

Do you have some new info about this? Can you somehow collaborate to help me find the issue? If I know what's causing it, I can at least try to fix it.

Last edited:
@m0nk3yst1ck Have you already started the github issue about battle bonuses? Just curious :p

Last edited:
ANOUNCEMENT
I'm looking for some idea for an exclusive MW World Wonder tied to Enlightment Era.
Current ideas:
  • Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics;
  • Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation;
  • Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock;
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames;
  • Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) is rather Industrial World Wonder, but could be shifted to EE-Wargames;
  • Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames;
  • Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications would be nice late EE World Wonder;
  • Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications
  • Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism (early Industrial) or rather Scientific Theory (late EE);
Any ideas? For now I was doing some reshuffling between WWs and technologies to match EE reality and that's what I have:
  • late Renaissance has 9 World Wonders (4 in upper half, 2 in the middle and 3 at the bottom);
  • early EE has 5 World Wonders (3 in upper half and 2 in bottom);
  • late EE has 4 World Wonders (both halves with 2);
  • early Industrial has 7 World Wonders (4 in upper half, and 3 in bottom);

Poll which will choose 3 of those suggested Wonders will start soon. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Heads up that I’m taking sagrada familia, Karlstejn castle, and Wat Arun for a different mod
I hope this will be compatible with MW and EE :p Will those WWs be strict religious WWs like some I've already added, or they will be regular ones, or maybe some other mutually exclusive group? If religious, it would be good for them to share same exclusive group I made for all religious WWs.

Here are our plans for More beliefs, more ideologies and more victories
More Beliefs
  • Karlstejn - Will be the new St. Basil's Cathedral. identical in every way, just text and art change
  • St Basil's - moved into Renaissance (or maybe Enlightenment) to be standalone wonder, gives a free Relic and boosts Relics on empire (new religious mechanic similar to a :greatwork:GW)
  • Wat Arun - Standalone Industrial wonder (or maybe Enlightenment). gives a free Great Monk and some other stuff. Must be built next to a river
More Victories
  • Sagrada Familia - Standalone Information era wonder. Large instant conversion to all your own cities and a free Great Engineer (big victory condition wonder like Hubble or CERN)
  • Fort Knox - Standalone Information era wonder. big production boost towards Economic Victory
More Ideologies
  • World Trade Centre - Prosperity national wonder
  • EPCOT - Prosperity ideology wonder
  • Interfaith Centre - Devotion national wonder
  • Abraj Al Bait - Devotion ideology wonder

More Beliefs
  • Karlstejn - Will be the new St. Basil's Cathedral. identical in every way, just text and art change
  • St Basil's - moved into Renaissance (or maybe Enlightenment) to be standalone wonder, gives a free Relic and boosts Relics on empire (new religious mechanic similar to a :greatwork:GW)
  • Wat Arun - Standalone Industrial wonder (or maybe Enlightenment). gives a free Great Monk and some other stuff. Must be built next to a river
More Victories
  • Sagrada Familia - Standalone Information era wonder. Large instant conversion to all your own cities and a free Great Engineer (big victory condition wonder like Hubble or CERN)
  • Fort Knox - Standalone Information era wonder. big production boost towards Economic Victory
More Ideologies
Then it should be referenced from MW, just because of St. Basils' changes.

Thanks. But still I must find out about base buildng cost mess. But that's the other topic.

BTW, I don't know if you saw, I'm looking for exclusive EE Wonders. Do you have any suggestions or ideas?
maybe Paro Taktsang or Wat Pho?

I knew you will find something original :) Paro Taktsang fits the first tier of EE.

EDIT: added to the list; don't bother to suggest something else. I will probably take one or two of the ideas for the next update, after I will finish this one, which grows tremendously with EE compatibility and tons of cleanings, fixes, balances and additional long forgotten or delayed stuff.

@pineappledan What do you think about current suggestions?

Wat Pho is imo too similar to Schwedagon Paya. I need something original, which stays in memory.

Last edited:
More Beliefs
More Victories
More Ideologies
Will those three mods be standalone features or maybe you will make 1 big modmod from them? This also means, that when you finish More ideologies, I will have to add 3 new WWs for each new ideology to MW :p

Don’t know if we will package them together once they are all built. More victories and ideologies can’t be standalone because they rely on the other mods to function. Likewise more beliefs would add a GP that doesn’t build to anything if there is no religious victory, but it at least wouldn’t be broken.
I will have to add 3 new WWs for each new ideology to MW
we already have 1 each; you have a total of 4 for each ideology? That’s a tall order

Don’t know if we will package them together once they are all built. More victories and ideologies can’t be standalone because they rely on the other mods to function. Likewise more beliefs would add a GP that doesn’t build to anything if there is no religious victory, but it at least wouldn’t be broken.
we already have 1 each; you have a total of 4 for each ideology? That’s a tall order
Not yet, but in distant plans. For now there will be 3 for Freedom, 3 for Autocracy and 2 for Order in v0.13. Original Wonders Expanded had 3 for each. I just added 4th for missing victory condition in each ideology. I don't want to overreact, but 2 new victory conditions means that each ideaology should have 6 of them :p But that's the topic when you finish something.

Last edited:
And they are mutually exclusive so each player may build only 1 ideology wonder per game. I like the variety.

Noticed adan is back and asking for some ideas and so happen I have some that could be considered.

I actually typed a long para of reasoning and what wonders but the forums lost it all for some reason as I couldn't post so I am just gona do a short one instead :)

1. Buckingham Palace. Historical sig and still is sig to the British monarch, with the royal family still using it since that era. Furthermore, there is a palace of Versailles wonder, and this being a palace of somewhat equal significance it could be considered too :). Where to put it though I am not sure except sovereignty, which is already crowded with 3 wonders, so I am hoping for an exception or smth :))
2. Arc de Triomphe. Historical landmark and is probably 3rd most famous after the 2 added in the base game. Representing both the French Revolution and the Napoleonic wars which are cornerstones of modern France. Furthermore, the leader of France in the game is Napoleon after all :). As for where to put it, probably flintlock due to its association to war, if nor war games which has been mentioned could be considered as well.
3. Potala Palace. Historical palace of the Dalai Lama of Tibet, it is their winter palace for many years, from 1600s to 1900s if im not wrong and can add variety to the wonder list being from Tibet, a country with no representation yet. It can be considered for Humanism? Not really sure about this one.
4. Taman Sari Water Castle. A beautiful garden for the Sultan in Indonesia (yogjakata), where they meditate, rest, and relax. It also has a large open bath area akin to the Great Bath in civ vi, except only for the sultan and his "princesses". For where it can go, I was thinking architecture as they fuse both western and asian architecture style for this, but fortification can be considered too considering it is a castle, with defences, walls, and a shelter for the sultan.

Noticed adan is back and asking for some ideas and so happen I have some that could be considered.

I actually typed a long para of reasoning and what wonders but the forums lost it all for some reason as I couldn't post so I am just gona do a short one instead :)

1. Buckingham Palace. Historical sig and still is sig to the British monarch, with the royal family still using it since that era. Furthermore, there is a palace of Versailles wonder, and this being a palace of somewhat equal significance it could be considered too :). Where to put it though I am not sure except sovereignty, which is already crowded with 3 wonders, so I am hoping for an exception or smth :))
2. Arc de Triomphe. Historical landmark and is probably 3rd most famous after the 2 added in the base game. Representing both the French Revolution and the Napoleonic wars which are cornerstones of modern France. Furthermore, the leader of France in the game is Napoleon after all :). As for where to put it, probably flintlock due to its association to war, if nor war games which has been mentioned could be considered as well.
3. Potala Palace. Historical palace of the Dalai Lama of Tibet, it is their winter palace for many years, from 1600s to 1900s if im not wrong and can add variety to the wonder list being from Tibet, a country with no representation yet. It can be considered for Humanism? Not really sure about this one.
4. Taman Sari Water Castle. A beautiful garden for the Sultan in Indonesia (yogjakata), where they meditate, rest, and relax. It also has a large open bath area akin to the Great Bath in civ vi, except only for the sultan and his "princesses". For where it can go, I was thinking architecture as they fuse both western and asian architecture style for this, but fortification can be considered too considering it is a castle, with defences, walls, and a shelter for the sultan.
Thanks, and good to hear from you after such a long time :p Yeah, I have some power back to civ modding and want to use that for next 1 or 2 updates. I have neglected modding for a year or even more.

But..., Potala Palace is reserved for @Enginseer's UCS v4, so I will not compete with him in that matter. You get that WW from CS afair. I remember doing some compatibiity update for Wonder Planner strictly for this WW. If you didn't play this mod, I can recommend it (of course with CSL and MC from my list :p), but it can be little bit outdated (espionage for sure).
Spoiler Potala Palace :
upload_2021-7-23_15-30-33.png

Buckingam Palace and Arc de Triomphe are both European WWs. I hesitate to add more European WWs to not to be suspected of some favourising. I try to use other interesting places from over the world. And...
That's why I like your final idea of Taman Sari Water Castle and I will consider it for sure.

Thanks, and keep up with support. I've just added your 3 suggestions to the list on top of this post. I plan to start some poll soon to let people choose, I don't know, let's say for now, 3 new exclusive WWs tied to Enlightement Era. They will not be available in standard game, but only when you load EE mod along with WW. What do you think about that?

Last edited:
Pretty interesting mod, although it looks like I will have to disable Neolithic wonders, that has Ggantja so I don't want 2 Ggantja's... Or do I?

Top Bottom