[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could the natural wonders and the world wonders be split into different mods? I think they are both big enough to stand alone, and some people (me) like to play with 1 but not the other.
Then delete the folder you don't want. I described that in the op, that starting from v0.15 it is possible. @Hinin also demanded such a feature, as well as other players, so I fixed some issues and pulled common files outside the particular "World" or "Natural" part.

Remember, that when you delete the folder, you get rid of all balance updates, too. Instead, you can block either new World Wonders or new Natural Wonders in the config files (everything is in the op).

Splitting mods into two different repos is a nightmare, so it won't be done. It's easier for me to manage the stuff, too.

@pineappledan Let me know if it works as intended. I would be grateful for some feedback.

Last edited:
In GlobalSettings.sql it is written that for World Wonder's restrictions the default value is 1. But it's 2 by default.

And with this setting set to 1 Panama's Canal and Mont Saint-Michel can be built anywhere. Also Kremlin can be built on coast.

In GlobalSettings.sql it is written that for World Wonder's restrictions the default value is 1. But it's 2 by default.

And with this setting set to 1 Panama's Canal and Mont Saint-Michel can be built anywhere. Also Kremlin can be built on coast.

Because I have some important fixes to be released, I present to you first v0.16.1 patch with:
Code:
- brand new icon for Bermuda Triangle, so I could get rid of my "temporary" one that existed for two years or even more (by @gwennog);
- revised Natural Wonder Overview icon with new sinking animation (by @gwennog);
- now in GlobalSetting.sql file there's correct mentioning, that hard requirements are default;
- fixed crucial error in lua file, so light requirements for Kremlin, Mont Saint-Michel, Panama Canal and few others didn't load correctly.
Spoiler Bermuda Triangle :
1666032106450.png

Also for anyone interested I also posted fixed version of Small Resource Icons v5 (originally made by @whoward69). Link will be continuously available on main thread page:
Code:
v5:
- added VP dependency;
- added PseudoNaturalWonder case;
- fixed missing Natural Wonder icons on game load;
- added new changelog file.

Attachments

• (ui) Small Resource Icons for MW (v 5).zip
    9 KB · Views: 46
This Small Resource Icons are for MW only or I could use them with VP+4UC for example?

This Small Resource Icons are for MW only or I could use them with VP+4UC for example?
Version I uploaded is for VP. You can use it with any mod compatible with VP, but it might be possible to use it outside VP, but I'm not sure.

Ok, because ticking bomb I was afraid of finally showed up I can present you latest update:

FOUNTAIN OF GOODS
a.k.a. v0.17

This update contains multiple new features, bunch of balance tweaks, few fixes and a compatibility with VP 3.0.
Do not forget to download latest graphics from @ghost toast!!!
Main page was also expanded and now consist of 7 posts! I hope all information got clear now.

Once @Asterix Rage said Natural Wonders' models should be either pretty or there should be no new Natural Wonder. His dream slowly comes true thanks to @ghost toast. It's a pity he left the community before it happened.

Changelog:
Code:
- important:
    - updated for VP 3.0!   
    - added BALANCE_CORE_WORLD_WONDER_SECOND_PREVIOUS_ERA_COST_MODIFIER, so now there are four stages of modifiers (40%-35%-30%-20%);
- new:
    - new models for existing Natural Wonders (still in progress; by @ghost toast):
        - Giant's Causeway;
        - Dallol;
    - reworked Bioluminescent Bay animation is now visible also in FoW (download new effects v5 or later by @ghost toast!);
    - 2 new World Wonders:
        - Aqueduct of Padre Tembleque (Renaissance Era - tier 2);
        - Svalbard Global Seed Vault (Information Era - tier 1; art by @gwennog);
    - 2 new standalone buildings strongly related to Tropical Fish resource (ideas in cooperation with @gwennog; art by @gwennog):
        - Fletcher: gives new promotion Yerba de la Fleche which grants Archery units (new lua code) small chance to instakill an enemy with poison! (art by @gwennog); both players receive notifications when the unit is killed/dead;
        - Seafood Station: has compatibility with Loisiana civ's Shrimp resource! (by @Hinin and @gwennog);
    - new Natural Wonder Overview features:
        - left clicking on Natural Wonder button now runs Natural Wonder popup window (finally!);
        - hovering over question mark icon in Pedia column shows Pedia entry in form of a tooltip;
        - additional info about NW abilities deleted from civilopedia (because popup finally works);
- balance:
    - Skara Brae now requires (as additional ORs) and boosts Rice and Maize;
    - Tropical Fish is now revealed at Fishing (was Pottery);
- fixes:
    - Tropical Fish fixes:
        - added missing industrial model for Tropical Fish;
        - added missing boost to Tropical Fish from Bioluminescent Bay;
    - added TechCityTrade value to all new resources (MINING for Sylvite, SAILING for Tropical Fish and PHYSICS for Tern Egg);
    - deleted UCS reference;
    - Mt. Fuji now might have maximum 1 snow adjacent (was unlimited);
    - Mt. Fuji now might have maximum 2 mountains adjacent (was unlimited);
    - Dallol now always on flat tile (was flat or hill);
    - Salar has protection from Mountain attack (there was a situation when it was closed by mountains around);
    - Revolutionary Museum now has updated splash image (upsy!);
    - numerous text fixes (most important ones are mentioned):
        - now Grand Mesa uses SILVER_FIST icon instead of WAR icon for supply boost;
        - all supply modifiers now have their text revised to emphasize they are based on the population (local or global);
        - now Natural Wonder popup says that all units get the promotion instead of new ones;
        - Curiosity Rover now correctly mentions about global GAP boost (was local);
        - moved Potala Palace text changes from MW to UCS;
- miscellanous:
    - another tweak to Natural Wonders Overview icon (by @gwennog);
    - old Great Barrier Reef is now called "(unused)..." with changed color to grey;
    - all new resources have additional info about their source (World Wonder, Natural Wonder) in help texts;
    - moved all resource definitions out to the separate file;
    - created new folders (Buildings) and cleaned up existing ones;
    - prepared some new art for upcoming new Natural Wonders (Great Blue Hole) (by @gwennog);
    - added some new code (currently unused) for upcoming new Natural Wonders (Great Blue Hole);

Attachments

• NEW_EFFECTS_V5.0.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 57
  • WorldWonders v0.17.pdf
    102.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Currently Lake Victoria is impassable until researching Sailing. This includes being unable to embark on it even after researching Fishing or while playing Polynesia. Normally this would be a minor inconvenience, but in my game it spawned in the middle of a mountain range, forcing me to literally cross an ocean to get to the other side of a lake. I don't know how this special movement rule is coded, but could it be changed somehow (at least for Polynesia)?

Currently Lake Victoria is impassable until researching Sailing. This includes being unable to embark on it even after researching Fishing or while playing Polynesia. Normally this would be a minor inconvenience, but in my game it spawned in the middle of a mountain range, forcing me to literally cross an ocean to get to the other side of a lake. I don't know how this special movement rule is coded, but could it be changed somehow (at least for Polynesia)?
It uses base database behaviour.
Sailing is rather early tech.
Can you post a screenshot?

It uses base database behaviour.
Sailing is rather early tech.
Can you post a screenshot?
Here's the unit path. Here I already have Fishing, but it was the same before (unfortunately something went wrong with the autosaves and this is the earliest save I have).
Spoiler :
20221125161727_1.jpg

It also just struck me that it might be a modpack-exclusive issue (I'm playing hotseat with a few other mods here), but I don't think any of them change anything about Natural Wonders. I suppose I can test it with Really Advanced Setup later today or possibly tomorrow.

RAS was uncooperative for some reason, so had to use IGE. This is only VP+EUI and More Wonders and not a modpack. Had this been a regular lake, the Polynesian warrior would embark and disembark in 2 turns instead of taking 3 to go around it.
Spoiler :
20221126122817_1.jpg

RAS was uncooperative for some reason, so had to use IGE. This is only VP+EUI and More Wonders and not a modpack. Had this been a regular lake, the Polynesian warrior would embark and disembark in 2 turns instead of taking 3 to go around it.
Did you force placing it with IGE? Because IGE place Lake Victoria with PLOT_MOUNTAIN, which means that it's a mountain.
I also don't change the behavior with my IGE+, because when I see the default Natural_Wonder_Placement it treated Lake Victoria as PLOT_MOUNTAIN.

I don't know if this mod treats Lake Victoria as PLOT_OCEAN.

Did you force placing it with IGE? Because IGE place Lake Victoria with PLOT_MOUNTAIN, which means that it's a mountain.
I also don't change the behavior with my IGE+, because when I see the default Natural_Wonder_Placement it treated Lake Victoria as PLOT_MOUNTAIN.

I don't know if this mod treats Lake Victoria as PLOT_OCEAN.
I actually completely forgot that IGE could do that! I simply restarted a huge map until Lake Victoria spawned and used IGE to spawn a warrior near it.

Also I used to think that "passable after researching Sailing" meant that it was passable on foot, but now realise that Sailing enables you to embark on it, like Astronomy for oceans. Now I feel dumb and retract the query for making it passable on Fishing, but still hope for Polynesia being allowed to cross it earlier.

I just came across Dallol in a game, fantastic.
Thank you @ghost toast and @adan_eslavo :thumbsup:.
He is recently low with time, but we talked about some possible ground shaping and animations to make it even more awesome.

But still his texture is way better than mine ugly one.

And wait for the Causeway!

Last edited:
I actually completely forgot that IGE could do that! I simply restarted a huge map until Lake Victoria spawned and used IGE to spawn a warrior near it.

Also I used to think that "passable after researching Sailing" meant that it was passable on foot, but now realise that Sailing enables you to embark on it, like Astronomy for oceans. Now I feel dumb and retract the query for making it passable on Fishing, but still hope for Polynesia being allowed to cross it earlier.
I have no tools to make Polynesia behaviour like that. It's not a big deal though.

v0.17.1 released with few fixes:
Code:
- fixed Mount Rushmore requirements (now correctly Mountain+Forest on Hard, or only Mountain on Light);
- fixed Rockefeller's bonus culture that is now global (was local);
- fixed Rockefeller's texts.

I am not sure am I updating it right, but with v0.17.1,
the terrain requirements of most (maybe all, I didn't check) wonders are all gone,
that everyone can build every wonder where ever they please.

edited: example attached

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks like something has changed about mercantile CS. I have 2 MCS as allies by the end of Ancient (having killed barb camp - one for both, gifted slinger and made a TR for quests). They both gave me a caravan next turn after allying. I have 2 caravans and I haven't discovered a Trade yet. Seems like probability to get a trade unit is too high, also may be we shall consider a TR limit? (because I have limit 0, and I don't know how many caravans I'm going to get.

Looks like something has changed about mercantile CS. I have 2 MCS as allies by the end of Ancient (having killed barb camp - one for both, gifted slinger and made a TR for quests). They both gave me a caravan next turn after allying. I have 2 caravans and I haven't discovered a Trade yet. Seems like probability to get a trade unit is too high, also may be we shall consider a TR limit? (because I have limit 0, and I don't know how many caravans I'm going to get.
I know. There are no limitation yet.

Top Bottom