[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
v0.17.2:
Code:
- fixed Mt. Fuji placement on Snow (now only 1 snow nearby allowed);
- updated VP 3.0 AssignStartingPlots.lua file with my changes (so now I'm sure it's up to date);
- lowered number of NWs per map to 2 times map size (so 2/4/6/8/10/12; was 3 times map size, so 3/6/9/12/15/18);
- increased base distance between two NWs to 11 tiles (same as VP; was 9);

Last edited:
It seems something is off next 2 turns I got 2 more workers from Riga.
Which version of ==> UCS do you play? I had some build problems so I generated v11.1.1 to fix spawning. Look into the main lua file TheBalanceDemandsIt.lua and find the 447 line with comparison statement for iWorkerSpawnChance. What is the number in that line? It should be 3.

Last edited:
Which version of ==> UCS do you play? I had some build problems so I generated v11.1.1 to fix spawning. Look into the main lua file TheBalanceDemandsIt.lua and find the 447 line with comparison statement for iWorkerSpawnChance. What is the number in that line? It should be 3.
It is 80

Last edited:
I met the bioluminescent bay, sublime and the light variation effect, wow.
Also saw Giant's Causeway, the structure is very successful but I would have made a "hill", there it is flat. Finally, when I say I would have done, I don't know how to do so hats off :hatsoff:.
Thank you @adan_eslavo and @ghost toast.

Is it intentional that "- added temporary (I hope) fix for resolution buffing NWs (deleted it until new table is added to VP);" from 0.16 is still in place, and this resolution is not available in the game?

Does anyone else have a problem with missing textures on Mt Paektu and the Great Barrier Reef?
Spoiler Picture related :
20221223203632_1.jpg

Also, feedback re: Golden Dragon Pagoda, I played a couple games with it and am yet to get the theming bonus. Getting four artefacts of linear eras is very hard (especially on smaller maps). I got three both times (although did need artistry's hidden sites) maybe lower it to three?

Does anyone else have a problem with missing textures on Mt Paektu and the Great Barrier Reef?
Spoiler Picture related :

Also, feedback re: Golden Dragon Pagoda, I played a couple games with it and am yet to get the theming bonus. Getting four artefacts of linear eras is very hard (especially on smaller maps). I got three both times (although did need artistry's hidden sites) maybe lower it to three?
No, it works fine for me. Did you download the New_Effects Mod from Ghost Toast, that is necessary for this mod? (See "Installation Notes" in the Main Post)

No, it works fine for me. Did you download the New_Effects Mod from Ghost Toast, that is necessary for this mod? (See "Installation Notes" in the Main Post)
Yep, and the bioluminescent bay works with added glow too so I don't think it is that.

Yep, and the bioluminescent bay works with added glow too so I don't think it is that.
Textures are inside the mod files, not in the new effects. It's something wrong with your files.
Code:
C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(overhaul) More Wonders for VP (v 1)\2.NaturalWonders\Art\Models\MountPaektu\Model\textures

Last edited:
Is it intentional that "- added temporary (I hope) fix for resolution buffing NWs (deleted it until new table is added to VP);" from 0.16 is still in place, and this resolution is not available in the game?
Yes. I posted an issue, but no action was performed, so it is still blocked.

Ehh. I will probably do some change here, as you're not the first complaining about that wonder.

Textures are inside the mod files, not in the new effects. It's something wrong with your files.
Code:
C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(overhaul) More Wonders for VP (v 1)\2.NaturalWonders\Art\Models\MountPaektu\Model\textures
Wait, is the new NW texture work with lower res texture? Because I see the surroundings have lower res texture. It could be a problem with that I think.

If you have graphic settings in mind then I play on lowest settings and it is ok.

@ghost toast We need your help.

Does anyone have a copy of v16 or 16.1? Looking to play a game pre 3.0. I already checked with adan_eslavo and he didn't have a copy.

Top Bottom