[GS] (POLL) What will be the FOURTH first look?

What do you think the fourth first look will be?

• Sweden

Votes: 69 29.5%
  • Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • The Inca

Votes: 68 29.1%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Mali

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Eleanor of Aquitane for France/England

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mali seems to me like the most different from both Canada and the Maori, and we could use a bit more Africa, so I'm thinking next will be Mali...Here's hoping anyhow.

I am guessing Phoenicia to show off new trade conditions, especially for sea trade. I don't think it will be Sweden as I have them marked down as the diplomatic powerhouse among the new civs and the devs have said they haven't finished fine tuning the diplomatic victory yet.

I voted for Sweden with Christina (due to this being her birthday), but I think it will definitely be a female leader, and there are arguments for each:

- Christina - birthday
- Dido - a new civ (although we already had Dido before) - in R&F they did four returning civs first and only then four new civs - so this time they may simply go for the opposite order
- Eleanor - last reveal before Christmas and a small nod to the "Lion in Winter"

Im going with Dido next, because female leader and we already got a tundra civ just now. :p

Also, I have to guess it right sometime, right?

I'm going to suggest something a little left field. Morocco.
There are only a few African civs, so I think we are due another one.

Last edited:
- Eleanor - last reveal before Christmas and a small nod to the "Lion in Winter"

I was thinking this too. It is probably the most well-known representation of her in pop culture. Plus, nothing says Christmas more than a dysfunctional family celebrating the holiday together plotting the future of Western Europe, imprisoned mom in tow.

Canada was revealed on the anniversary of the Statute of Westminster. I don't think they'll pass up Queen Kristina's birthday.

But there's a llama. Maybe there will be a double reveal--one on Tuesday and another on Thursday. The following week is Christmas, so we probably won't see anything. The week after is New Year's, so it's iffy. If they give us two civs next week, they might be able to get away with a two-week break.

I was thinking this too. It is probably the most well-known representation of her in pop culture. Plus, nothing says Christmas more than a dysfunctional family celebrating the holiday together plotting the future of Western Europe, imprisoned mom in tow.
Also her coronation as Queen of France was on Christmas Day.

Interesting, sounds like we'll be seeing the Inca and Eleanor after Sweden then.

I would find it hilarious if Firaxis read these threads and chose the lowest ranked option for the next reveal.
I hope you're right, because that would mean we get "Something Else." :mischief:

Isn't the picture titled "This is not a hint"?

Doesn't that mean the llama means nothing?

I'm confused.
They said it's not a "hint." They didn't say it's not a "clue."

How do you like them semantics!?

The picture was meant to display the Christmas decorations which are not a hint. He didn't say there are no hints pictured.

And when I asked, Kevin confirmed that it is a llama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom