1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ottoman Turks

76.3%
  2. Mali/Ghana/Songhai

47.1%
  3. Kilwa/Swahili

5.0%
  4. Zulu

17.9%
  5. Carthage

22.5%
  6. Inca

83.8%
  7. Georgia

35.4%
  8. Italy

21.7%
  9. Byzantine Empire

12.5%
  10. Maya

8.8%
  11. Portugal

6.3%
  12. Celts (in some form)

6.7%
  13. Phoenicians

5.0%
  14. Other South America

1.7%
  15. Other Central America/Caribbean

0.8%
  16. Other North America

5.0%
  17. Other Africa

11.3%
  18. Other Middle East

4.6%
  19. Other Europe

9.6%
  20. Central Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Southeast Asian

1.3%
  22. Oceanian

4.6%
  23. Other

0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havendish

Havendish Chieftain

Could they qualify Palmyra as Zenobia-led Syria? If so, it could be added (as Syria) because of the great female leader-which Firaxis longs for, however, might not happen because of possible objection by the modern day country of Syria.

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  2. Havendish

Havendish Chieftain

I'm still hoping they'll squeeze in Assyria under Tiglath Pileser or perhaps Semiramis - a great queen by the way, who, according to myth, was behind the construction of the Hanging Gardens, as the final R&F expansion Civ.

Guandao likes this.
  3. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

I think they could do Zenobia of Palmyra. Do modern day Syrian's have problems with her depiction? At least from what I've read is that she's something of a local heroine in certain parts, representing Syrian independence and nationhood. I don't think it'd be added as Syria, because Assyria is still a possibility and it was well before "Syria" was considered more than just a small portion of her empire.

Guandao and Havendish like this.
  4. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

Semiramis sounds great, albeit kind of legendary. As for Zenobia, having her lead Syria would be like having Trajan lead Italy, or Boudicca leading England.

Guandao and Havendish like this.
  5. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I think Syria is too busy to complain about representation in a video game...

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I see talk of Syria being depicted, but we already have that sort of with the Arabian Empire and their city list already includes Damascus, Aleppo, Homs etc.

7. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

That's a very good point actually.

8. Quis

Quis Chieftain

I fear that the adding of Antioch as a city state, also speaks definitely against Palmyra.

From Zenobias Wikipedia entry:

"Further evidence of extended territorial control was a statement by the Byzantine historian Zosimus, who wrote that the queen had a residence in Antioch."

conorbebe, Guandao and Phoenix1595 like this.
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I'm a fan of calling the civ "Aram." It's mildly anachronistic, but Zenobia was an Aramaic-speaker and she's really the only standout leader of the various Aramaean city-states and petty kingdoms that were significant in the region for centuries but only really unified (under native rule) under Zenobia. This has two big advantages:
    *Representing a civ that is very worthy of representation but difficult to find a leader for.
    *Representing a leader who is very worthy of representation but whose empire lasted three years.

Siptah, Havendish and Guandao like this.
  10. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

*cough* Great Wall *cough*

Siptah, Thormodr, Krajzen and 8 others like this.
  11. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

Well... to be fair, the Great Wall was always a bit of an awkward wonder in Civ, and irl, since it's a massive, unorganized collection of unphotogenic mud and dirt with a couple of nice bits, unlike Machu Picchu, which is just a single thing not unlike the Forbidden Palace. I always figured the Great Wall would be downgraded to a unique improvement eventually, so it really didn't surprise me when that ended up being the case in Civ VI.

It's like making the Nazca lines a wonder, really, or the US Interstate Highway System. Or blobbing all Native Americans together or something. Unimaginable.

But you do have a point. Maybe the New7Wonders list isn't the best argument, but I still say it works 6 out of 7 times. :lol:

12. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Uhm... I hate to break it to you, but...

Yeah. Civ IV.

Thormodr, Krajzen, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  13. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

:mischief:

14. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

So it seems like there's a few never-before-seen civs that seem to be receiving a lot of attention on the forums right now.

Here's what I've been noticing:

Europe: Italy, Renaissance-themed, maybe with the Greek treatment for multiple leaders from the different city-states

America: Another Native American civ -- either the Navajo with a code-talker UU or the Apache led by Geronimo

Far East Asia: seems like folks have been asking for Vietnam forever

Near East Asia: Palmyra led by Zenobia

Africa: Ashanti, led by Yaa Asantewaa

I think some folks would be content with these, though I see quite a few scared that we're going to see Canada.

Other than these, people really seem more inclined towards bringing back the old favorites: Inca, Maya, Ottomans, Babylon, Byzantium, Ethiopia, Carthage, Mali, even Celts and Zulus. In fact, I'd say that this last bunch qualifies as the "non-negotiables." These are civs that have been in for so long that they are somebody's favorite. All of them need to come sooner or later.

15. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

Gilgamesh speaks Old Akkadian instead of Sumerian, right? So Etruscan leader could speak Latin instead of Etruscan (Latin was likely a second language for Etrsucans). And we know enough about Etruscan kings and even queens (e.g. Thanchvil) to implement one of them in the R&F. The real problem would be with their UU. I can't imagine any but an unique builder.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Siptah likes this.
  16. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I am more and more afraid of how we may indeed get stupid, overrated, tired Zulu over glorious Mali.

And I am sure next reveal will be Inca to make me nervous just a lil bit longer.

17. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

:lol::lol::lol:

Perfect opportunity to sneak them in!

And two years later: "D--- those guys at firaxis! Sneaky gits!"

Kimiimaro, King William I and Zaarin like this.
  18. Quis

Quis Chieftain

Maybe one of you has a complete picture of the wheel (with the 8 different era scenes) that is shown at the end of the release trailer. There may still be hints to the unreleased civilizations.

I'm reminded that they had shown the picture as an announcement at the time, stupidly, I can not find it anymore.

8 pictures = 8 civilizations?

But maybe I'm just grasping at straws. :crazyeye:

19. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Here is the link to the original twitter post with the revolving era wheel. I know I saw a full image of the wheel somewhere, but I don't recall where.

I looked over it again just now, and I'm not seeing anything that would hint at a specific civilization to be revealed.

Quis and Kimiimaro like this.
  20. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

At the risk of stirring the Italy pot, is that a fasces I see in the second image?

Kimiimaro and Duuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.