1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Poser Figures and Props for Kinboat's Paperdoll

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides' started by utahjazz7, May 27, 2005.

1. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Like Plotinus said, you could get Daz Studio if you don't have the money for Poser. Daz is easy to handle, it only lacks the material room, and you can't change the props' colors. Anyone here with Poser can send you colored props the way you want them. I'd be happy to, just ask :)

2. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Oh and, dear Utah, if you found some time to fix this... would be cool :)

3. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

Yeah, I can take care of that in the next day or two. I was planning on uploading my Hospitaller stuff anyway.

4. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

Fix the others you posted after those as well. I didn't get them unfortunately.

5. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

I don't know of any props that I uploaded after those two which aren't working. Could you tell me which links aren't working?

6. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

CFC is having server problems, everything will be OK.

7. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

In all honesty, all you really need for making units is Poser 4 Pro Pack. It dates back to about 7 or 8 years ago. I believe Creative Labs sold a repackaged version called Poser Figure Artist. Should be pretty cheap if you can still find it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

9. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

FIGURES

Download. The surcoat conforms to Kinboat's paperdoll and is made to be worn over the PDM TShirt/Shirt and pants. The legs, however, do not match the paperdoll's. They are controlled on their own—almost as if you were using the morph's of one of the kilt figures or props. Left_2 and Right_2 match with the paperdoll's thighs. Left_3 and Right_3 match with the paperdoll's shins. I would not recommend moving Left_1 and Right_1; they are buffers between the hip and the legs.

Download. A new "head cloth" figure designed to be worn with the Surcoat 2 figure. It covers more of the chest than my previous version.

Download. Armor/cloth for the horses head and neck. Made to fit over/with the Horse Front Armor prop. To use with my horse setup, the zScale of the body has to be set to 86%. Also the Upper Neck and Head settings may need to be adjusted to match the horse's settings.

Download. Saddle. To use with my horse setup, the zScale of the body has to be set to 86%.

PROPS

Download. Short cape.

Download. Long cape.

Download. Bracer for right forearm.

Download. Bracer for left forearm.

Download. Helmet.

Download. Helmet.

Download. Armor/cloth for the back of the horse.

Download. Armor/cloth for the front of the horse.

Download. Shield.

Download. Spear.

Download. Sword.

10. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Thank you Utah!

11. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Oh man, thanks Utah, these props are going to be so useful for me when I can start (and continue) my unit making again. You the man!!!

12. Sandris

Sandris Rise and Rule

Great help for every unitmaker !!! Thank you a lot ! :)

13. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

I'm glad you guys like the props and stuff. I look forward to seeing what you can do with them.

14. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Thank you very very much for all these new props and for re-uploading the missing ones, that's very nice of you. You may not see everything we kids do with 'em though. I spend a lot of time playing with Poser and screwing my work after an hour and not saving it. Anyway I enjoy each new toy I can find :D

15. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

Yeah, I noticed that the props and figures are downloaded a lot more than I see them being used. :)

16. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

FIGURES

Download. This helmet is a figure, not a prop. After conforming the figure to the paperdoll, use the neck to animate the unit. Don't move the PDM's head, or weird things will happen. :)

Download. This is a remake of my previously-released Surcoat 2 figure. In this version, the surcoat's legs conform to the paperdoll's legs. The joints between the thighs and shins aren't perfect, but I think they work well enough.

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Here's four shield designs to go with the kite shield released by utahjazz7 in post 169:

You can get them here. I hope they prove useful ;).

18. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Many people do it, so that's a good reminder: the neck moves not the skull ;)
    @R8XFT: thanks man ! They're nice !

19. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

As I'm getting a little further into unit making now, I just downloaded most of these props, and I have to give a HUUUUGE thanks to utahjazz7 for all of these, and to others that contributed here.

The props are all great and will save me a lot of time! :goodjob::)

p.s. Had to give thanks and compliment these, but sorry for anyone seeing this bump and thinking that something new was added. ;)

20. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

You're more than welcome, Grandraem.