Poser Figures and Props for Kinboat's Paperdoll

Here are the props and figures I made for my Tribal Fanatic unit. Use them well, and, please, be original. :) I'm also posting the sickle prop I made for Plotinus's soviet worker.

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. A clothing figure which conforms to Kinboat's paperdoll figure. The hip moves with morphs, like Kinboat's kilt. Unfortunately, the chest doesn't bend forward well; after about 10 degrees the figure goes crazy.

Download. A necklace figure which conforms to Kinboat's paperdoll.

PROPS

Download. A staff prop.

Download. A beard prop.

Download. A wrist band prop for the right forearm.

Download. A wrist band prop for the left forearm.

Download. An armband prop for the right shoulder.

Download. An armband prop for the left shoulder.

Download. A sickle prop.

ANIMATIONS

Download. This is a run animation to be used with my Body Wrap figure. It matches Kinboat's 15-frame run animation.

One quick question for you Utah, I am starting your unit creation tutorial and was wondering would it be best to make a CivIII hair folder inside the Program Files\Curious Labs\Poser 5\Runtime\libraries\hair folder and put all the hair beards etc there?

Umm . . . I don't know. I don't think it really matters. I'd say to do whatever you prefer; I prefer having all my Civ3 stuff in one place.

OK Thanks for the quick answer. I have a feeling I am in for a major learning experience.
I tried a quick experiment place the beard in both a CivIII Hair folder and in the CivIII Props folder and I could only access them from the props folder.

I also tried to make folders for each kind of stuff and it didn't work: I could only see half of the props I had. Poser prefers when it's all mixed up in one folder!

I also tried to make folders for each kind of stuff and it didn't work: I could only see half of the props I had. Poser prefers when it's all mixed up in one folder!

No, it is quite easy to have as many folders as you like. I have a seperate runtime for just Civ3 files. And, I have more than one prop folder. I have "my in work props", "my finished props", "my released props", and the general one for Utahjazz7's and Kinboats props.
But except for basically keeping track of stuff as I am making it, I keep civ3 props basically lumped together. The hair and the sheilds are not seperated, though it is possible to do so.

Yes following Utahs tutorial you make several new folders in the libraries/ charecter pose and props. I moved the CivIII Hair one to the props folder and it works fine. Maybe the libraries/Hair can only be accessed from the hair room. As I become more familiar with the program I'm sure I'll find out.

Maybe the libraries/Hair can only be accessed from the hair room.

No, the Hair Room is for making really realistic hair, follicle by follicle (as you might for a leaderhead or something that requires that kind of detail), rather than the one-piece wig sort of hair that you would use for a unit. The Hair library contains one-piece wig hairs, which do function exactly like props - I don't know what the difference is. Certainly all the objects you'll find on this site can go in either Figures or Props.

Well, it's not really quite like that. You don't have to make every follicle, although you have great control over them individually if you want. But Poser draws the hair follicle by follicle, so it looks like realistic hair, quite different from just plonking a hair prop on top of his hair. It does take a long time to render, but it can look really good. I used it for my Haile Selassie leaderhead.

Yes following Utahs tutorial you make several new folders in the libraries/ charecter pose and props. I moved the CivIII Hair one to the props folder and it works fine. Maybe the libraries/Hair can only be accessed from the hair room. As I become more familiar with the program I'm sure I'll find out.

Most of the hair (I'm assuming you mean the Bond Hair and the Angel Hair, etc.) must be imported, as they are .3ds objects (or is it a different type of .obj files? I forget...)

Well I was referring to different beards and hair styles for the pdm which are ,pp2 and .cr2 and .obj files. The 3ds files I know have to be imported.
@plotinus that hair lab sounds very interesting.

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. The surcoat figure made for my Shienaran unit. The sides are open. It comes with a texture map and the texture and transparency map I used for the unit.

ANIMATIONS

Download. This animation can be applied to my surcoat figure to match Kinboat's run animation. Some tweaking may be necessary, depending on what your unit is wearing.

Top Bottom