Post M&M situation

Next turn, or the turn after the next. I guess it goes to SilCon Valley?

I just CANT see why Cav Scout would not attack!!! To me, this is a no- brainer. I cant find real sensible explanation. It is just..... I cant bear it... I cant think of a single reason for them to not attack. I just cant....
I can think of 2 reasons:

1. He is afraid that if he attacks, Sirius will just reinforce the stack with their transports.

2. This whole war between Q and Sirius is a farce designed to make us choose sides.

And yes, Our Corp should be founded next turn on SilCon valley.

Number 2 I dont believe is the case - there was some real fighting between them, something which cant be simulated.

Lets hope he is just cautious and will attack the next turn when he sees we are attacking Sirius for real. Also lets hope Q will have army left to do the attack.

I fear this AlphaShard guy who logged will smell our threat and will act to prevent it. I am counting on the element of surprise.

Now I saw AlphaShard spent only 4 minutes in the game - if he was suspicious about something and decided to take actions, he would have spent much more time.

One thing I forgot to mention - no one should log in until Sirius are done with their turn. They play before Q, so they use to actually hit EndOfTurn. Just then we must log in and declare war to have not committed double move. Captain, if you see CavScout logged, if its is possible for you, try and log in to speak with him on-line - you know each-other best and he might be more willing to trust you.

Our military moves I want to conduct myself, as I planned them.

Are we close enough so that we can land forces in a Q city via transport, unload and attack Sirius's stack on the same turn. If so that may be possible to kill Sirius's stack even after they beat up on Q.

Nope, we are like 3 turns sailing from the Q HI. And all of this under Sirius big fleet surveillance.

Our only hope is that Sirius is waiting to get Infantry to attack Q, this will allow us to hopefully destroy their Transports before they can get more units to QHI. Once this happens, it will be Q's last chance to buck up and hit Sirius with everything they have. Because if they try to stay in turtle mode after we DoW Sirius, especially after we trap Sirius stack on QHI, Sirius will have no choice but to capture a Q city so they can use it for upgrades. Then Q will be toast.

It will be nice if they destroy the Sirius navy though, especially if we get the spies in place and sabotage both sources of Oil that Sirius has. We should do that right away... send spies to sabotage Sirius Oil so they cant get anymore Destroyers.:D

Do they have uranium? Because one would also need to cut that. I would think they can rebuild the oil wells/uranium mines pretty quick and our spies would be better spent on unhappy/poison missions.

Civics - talking through the pro's and cons of our civics is in order. I like the idea of nationalism, but what benefits are we going to lose and is it worth it.

I am generally a huge slavery fan, but if we are drafting units, are we really going to be doing much slaving. Also emaciation is very useful for happiness.

Should we also consider theocracy for the +2xp? OR or Free Rel would still both ber very useful. OR more so as I think we still do need more buildings but will be doing more tech stealing than tech making at this point.

Do they have uranium? Because one would also need to cut that. I would think they can rebuild the oil wells/uranium mines pretty quick and our spies would be better spent on unhappy/poison missions.
All teams have Uranium in their home cities, and damnrunner is right. It does no good to deprive Sirius of Oil if they can use Uranium to power their Destroyers. However, what this means, is that we should be able to build Destroyers right now, because we have Uranium in our Capital. If we can't then that means we are missing something, like maybe we need Manhattan project or something first.

EDIT: NVM, I thought I was missing something so I just checked it. Physics reveals Uranium, but you need Fission to actually use Uranium. Sort if like how SciMeth reveals Oil, but you need Combustion to actually build Oil Wells.

So in other words, we can deny Sirius Destroyers by taking their Oil as discussed.

Lets hope Sirius will not move them out of this port and not enforce it, along with the other of my targets. It is slim chance that everything will work as we want, but Fortuna favors the brave after all ;)

We are going to have to pick our post GA civics soon. What is the intent of the turn-players?

I, as in charge of the military operations do insist only for Nationalism and Slavery.

But anyway, my prediction is that the outcome of the war will be pretty much decided in the next 10 or so turns, so the economic aspects will have very little if no role on the big picture. If we manage to bring Sirius down by military means, our team will be undisputed favorite for the win. Q being grateful we saved them from their powerful aggressor and CDZ lacking army and generally the will to play.

Nationalism and Slavery, I agree. But what about Religion Civic? OR, Theo, or Free Rel?

If we are just building Units and gold from now on and not spreading Christianity or Islam or Going for the Shrines then I would say forget about OR. But if we still want to go for the Shrine, then we need OR.

If we are not planning on doing any teching, then I would say forget about Free Religion, if we are going to need to tech some, then we can really use Free Religion.

Theo if we decide on full war-mode. It helps extra with our CHA trait. Otherwise free religion, happiness and all that. :p

Top Bottom