1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post new Civ requests here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Thunderfall, May 6, 2006.

1. Danielion

Danielion Prince

I was doubting whether I should propose Brussels or Dijon for capital. You see, the Burgundian court was centered in Brussels, for practical purposes.

The problem the Burgundians faced was connecting the landmasses of Burgundy (proper) and Brabant, Namur, Flanders, etc... (French: "Les pays de par deça" Dutch: "De landen van herwaarts over").

It was that what would mean the end of them eventually.

2. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

But Brussels would be to belgiumy if you no what I mean, I mean what if it were in a same scenario with Belgium? That's why I proposed Dijon.

3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

The capital should definitely be Dijon

4. Danielion

Danielion Prince

A problem with many cities then. The Burgundians ruled over practically over what is now Belgium and a big part of what are the Netherlands and Northern France and I don't think it's a good idea to exclude those cities (they didn't have much control over the Northern Netherlands though, which was practically dominated by Holland and was torn by a civil war between two prominent factions; so you can exclude those).
    In fact, the most important cities were located in what's currently Belgium, but the names haven't changed like Constantinople became Istanbul (as the ethnic composition always remained the same, more or less). Not so practical when having both a Burgundian and a Belgian civilization. I guess using both of those together isn't a good idea.

Also, how many Burgundian (proper) cities are included in the French civilization ? Does anyone have an idea of this ?

Here's a map of the empire at its greatest extent:
    Spoiler :

5. Mad Man

Those borders are nauseateing, it makes you wonder what they where thinking

6. Danielion

Danielion Prince

The Burgundian rulers just inherited the "The countries of over yonder" (French: "Les pays de par deça"; Dutch: "De landen van herwaarts over"), which are nowadays called the 'Low Countries' (not in those days, though).
    Charles the Bold sought in merging his two landmasses into one more or less solid one, as you can see on the map. He died during the Battle of Nancy, leaving no male heir passing through the Low Countries to the Habsburgs through Mary of Burgundy and her husband Maximilian of Habsburg. Burgundy itself reverted to the French crown.

I guess either IMPerialistic or AGGressive should be Charles' the Bold second trait.

7. Mao Tse Tung

Mao Tse Tung bum

This is what I get for not checking regularly. Someone's nice enough to take interest and I don't respond for a month.:blush:

Anyway, yes. It fits for Trujillo perfectly, he just needs a hitler mustache and make the uniform more fatigue colored.

Thanks for responding!:goodjob::D

8. EZPZ

EZPZ Chieftain

Hi there so I was making my own personal mod for me to use and I found out that there are some civs and Leaderheads that I would like the mod to have but haven't been made and I don't have the XML capabilities to make them. Also there are several wonders I have the skins for but probably couldn't write the XML without messing something up.

Here is a list. If you make any of these make them for BTS please.
    Civilizations (If you want to make any of these please make them Modular)
    Mexico
    Veitnam
    Czech Republic
    Slovakia
    Yugoslavia
    Romania
    Norway
    Croatia
    Venezula
    Cuba
    Haiti
    Dominican Republic
    Jamaica
    Iran
    Iraq
    Afghanistan
    Kuwait
    Saudi Arabia
    Sudan
    South Africa
    Ghana
    Democratic Republic of Congo
    Kenya
    Uganda
    Serbia
    Songhai

Leaderheads (Modular please)
    John Adams
    Martin Luther King Jr.
    Thomas Jefferson
    Aaron Burr (Thomas Jefferson's vice president)

Wonders (Guess what? Modular Please.)
    Space Needle
    Big Ben
    Chrysler Building
    Empire State Building
    Buckingham Palace
    Arch De Triumph
    Burj Al Arab
    Gateway Arch
    White House
    Washington Monument
    CN Tower
    Sydney Opera House
    Gateway Arch
    Leaning Tower of Pisa

A couple of nice features would be Revolutions the ablilty for cities to break away from your civ and from a new civ.
    River travel. The ability to have ships also travel down rivers.

Im not sure if these abilities can be made though

If you wish to help with any of these please contact me I have the art files for all the wonders. I will try my best to do all of these but help would be appreciated.

9. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

10. PtolemyGoatherd

PtolemyGoatherd Chieftain

I think a Mississippian Empire would be very cool. Of course there are very few historical records to work off of, but it would add to the numbers of West-Hemisphere Civs, which is always nice

11. EZPZ

EZPZ Chieftain

Yeah but plenty of those have bad links so you can't download them. And others aren't modular.

12. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

What about the Minor nations civ?
    Leader: Prince Rainier
    UU: Peacekeeper
    UB: Government Building
    (capital Monaco, encompasses Iceland, Faroës, Aland, Vatican, Leshoto, Swaziland, Madagascar, and tiny pacific islands)

13. Mr. Simpson

Mr. Simpson Chieftain

Can someone please make a Norway mod for Beyond the sword? I have Jorrtapp's mod, but it's only for vanilla so it's getting kinda boring.

14. Creatureboy11

Creatureboy11 A Civ4 Leader

Hello. My name is Creatureboy11. I made this thread because I cannot mod, but had an awesome idea!

New Civilization - Haudenosaunee
    Civ4 - By the Way
    • Leader - Hiawatha; Spiritual, Charamistic; Behaves neutrally, slightly peaceful
    • Unique Unit - Native; Replaces Scout; 3 Strength, 3 movement, Can Attack
    • Starting Technologies - Hunting, Agriculture
    • Banner - Iroquois flag turned 90 degrees

City List
    The list of cities would first be the 5 nations as the first five, then Tuscarora as the sixth city. Then include the Angonquian tribes.
    Civilopedia Entry
    The Haudenosaunee or the "People of the Longhouse", are an association of several tribes of indigenous people of North America. After the Iroquoian-speaking peoples coalesced as distinct tribes, based mostly in present-day central and upstate New York, in the 16th century or earlier they came together in an association known today as the Iroquois League, or the "League of Peace and Power". The original Iroquois League was often known as the Five Nations, as it was composed of the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca nations. After the Tuscarora nation joined the League in 1722, the Iroquois became known as the Six Nations.
    Closing Notes
    If a modder can make this Iroquois civilization, i'd be honored. I would be honored because there are too many Iroquois civs.

15. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

I'd like to see a Breton civ to (in my eyes) complete the Celt split in Gold, since ATM none of the Celtic sub-civs is really appropriate for Boudica. Not really sure what to recommend for cities or UB/UU, aside from probably ganking some of the cities from the default Celts, tho if someone wanted I could probly do a little research a bit later...

16. Selim Yavuz

Selim Yavuz Chieftain

I really wish somebody would make an Italian Civ. Italian civilisation became much different than Roman and I'm not content to simply say that Italians are in the game as the Romans reach modernity.

For leaders I'd suggest Lorenzo the Magnificent, maybe Cavour. Unique unit should obviously be the Condottiere, or the Alpini.

17. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

It's been done already. I don't have a link handy, but it's in CIV Gold (and I borrowed it from there for NwT); it has Medici, Vittorio Emmanuel, and optionally Mussolini as leaderheads.

18. lukaslucznik

lukaslucznik Chieftain

19. CoffeeShopFrank

CoffeeShopFrank Warlord

I have ideas for civilizations:
    Hyrule
    Leader: King Harkinian (he was in those god-awful Zelda games)
    UU: Link (replaces swordsman)
    The Orks
    -Leader: Warlord Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter
    -Favorite civic: Waaagh! (their own unique civic)
    Jamaica
    an anime-related alliance
    Iceland
    Alaska
    New Zealand
    Norway
    The Mushroom Kingdom
    Sudan

I never saw any of these civilizations on the site, and I thought it cool if these were in the game, so I decided to suggest them.

20. Mad Man

If you think there so godawful then why do you want a civ based off of it?