1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post new Civ requests here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Thunderfall, May 6, 2006.

1. MrGoldfinger

MrGoldfinger RM

Whats about a South-Vietnam Mod? Not only the VC & Reds... :D
    I am looking for some Tigerstripe units with F-5 Fighters and many more...

2. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

You might consider to set up a mod on your own and then share it on the forum. Bavaria (although there are already quite many Barbs around, like Austria... ;) ) and East-Germany shouldn't be that hard as you could reuse some art that you can find in the filedb or, as you mentioned, in other mods. If you reuse stuff from my Saxony mod for instance, that's okay for me if you give me credits if you used parts of the mod that are really my work (like the unit sound, that's me that you can hear there). Although I have to say that I was thinking on an East Germany mod, too, but didn't do it, because Germans should finally honour that they had the luck to become united instead of beefing about each others. The unitity is not a matter of course. Well, that should not keep you away from reusing my stuff. Anyways, I'm pretty sure there is a Vietnam mod around, so you might use it as base for South Vietnam.

Don't get me wrong: it's okay to start requests. But modding is fun, too. I for example mod the game much more then I play it. Not to mention that it would be no problem either if you'd request some civs while you do other civs on your own.

3. Zynax

Zynax Chieftain

I don't know if it's me but I can't find "Sweden" as a civilization for BtS.

My request would be Sweden or a link to an already existing mod with Sweden.

4. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

You weren't looking too well, I guess, since Sweden has been done many times already! My mod has Sweden too (link in my signature), Diplomacy and Civ Gold and other mods also have Sweden as a civ.

5. greengreg418

greengreg418 Chieftain

/there should definitely be the aborigines, or someone in Indonesia, the Moguls, and there should be Sikhism and Shinto as religions.

6. pleasenoname

pleasenoname Chieftain

Someone made a Shinto mod. Check the down load data base.

Has anyone made an Atlantis mod? Might be fun.

7. MrGoldfinger

MrGoldfinger RM

A standalone Sweden-Mod, or a module, that would be nice. ;) and we haven`t a South-Vietnamese mod. Only one with more go to the VC, an alternative would be interesting.

About GDR; oh never mind, I am really happy about the reunification, my family was directly affected by this unhuman regime, and the post did not mean any political statement! It is only a request. The Saxony mod is very nice and so my idea was to push it a little bit up, with more units etc. :king:

Another Ideas are a upgrade version of the Netherlands, for modular, with more special units etc. same inspiration for Manchukuo...

8. civsmt

civsmt Chieftain

Estonia ;), not sure however what the UU should be...

9. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

can someone make a civ based off of the locusts in the Gears of War games? Their leaders could be the queen, RAAM, and Skourge. This civ would be awesome if someone could make it. If someone wants to make it and they need info about the game or suggestions on leader traits, i can help them.

10. MrGoldfinger

MrGoldfinger RM

What`s about with the southamerican states, like Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela or Colombia ;)

11. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Venezuela and Colombia more or less exist as a Gran Colombia civ. There are also two LHs: Bolivar and Chavez.

12. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Can I get a CSA for latest BTS? I downloaded a CSA mod a while back and ran it, then recently redownloaded it and it won't work. It's a civ4 normal mod, I think, which is why it won't work. Or has someone already made one for latest BTS?.

Leaders: Jeff Davis(IND/PHIL), Robert E. Lee(SPR/ORG) and Thomas Jackson(PRO/SPR).

Starting techs: Agriculture and Mysticism.

UU: Virginia-Class - basically super Ironclad.

Capital: Richmond. Other cities are Southern state capitals and other important cities.

If so, thanks! Otherwise, back to the drawing board:)

- Lighthearter

13. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

I think i would be able to convert the one for vanilla for BTS, if you like

14. Lighthearter

15. hockeyrox38

hockeyrox38 Chieftain

16. kochman

kochman Deity

As far as the CSA are concerned, an ironclad is a poor choice for a UU. It has almost zero impact on the war, and they had only a handful of them.

They should have either more mobile riflemen (aka light infantry) or cavalry that is more mobile...

17. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Why not a Rifleman with two movement that ignores terrain or a cavalry that ignores terrain? I mean, to me giving them a bonus in strength is not really a good idea because their equipment wasn't that great and was hardly uniform anyway, so I figure giving them a movement bonus would be a much better fit.

EDIT: Or perhaps something like heals while moving.

18. kochman

kochman Deity

Wasn't it Jeb Stuart's riflemen that were known for traveling 35 miles per day!?!

19. Lighthearter

Hmm. It is true that the CSA mostly did mobility - though perhaps Jeb Stuart's cavalry might make more sense - them or maybe super workers. Or maybe super privateers "Blockade Runners". I dunno - there's possibilities.

However, I'm here to ask for an Atlantis civ for fun:D I don't much care about the particulars - maybe it could be led by Poseidon and have like, um, Argonauts as a UU? Super axemen? Dunno.

Thanks to anyone who'll take me up on the request!

- Lighthearter

20. kochman

kochman Deity