1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post new Civ requests here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Thunderfall, May 6, 2006.

1. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

hmm could try one Ilokano, theres a nice filipino civ in civ gold tho

2. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

If you do please don't actually call it Northern Ireland, that's a terrible name for a civ.

3. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

What should i call it then?

4. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

Ulster is by far the best name you could give it, but The Six Counties, Malin Head, and Tuaisceart √Čireann would all be good choices too.

5. kensington888

kensington888 Warlord

Yes Ulster would be great if this could be made.

6. Haschel47

Haschel47 Chieftain

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this, but could I request that somebody make a leaderhead based on this guy:

I think it should be straightforward; Stalin's mustache and De Gaulle's hat would be the main components. But I have no ability to make these myself.

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Heres not the place to request that, theres a grafic request thread in the graphics creation and custimation section, but not that many people make LH any more

8. Haschel47

Haschel47 Chieftain

Gotcha. Sorry for derailing this thread.

9. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

There are many people making LHs, but not many making requests.

10. keneticpest

keneticpest Chieftain

For BtS
    Equestria:
    UU: Royal Guards (replaces spearmen) +2 movement speed
    UB: Bakery (Replaces forge) provides +1 health with all of the abilities of the forge

LH: Just do a flag pic with the name "Princess Celestia" Traits: Org.+Creative

Please use this pic for the LH:

11. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

I'd like to see a Narnia under Peter, Edmund, and/ or Caspian X. I can provide city list if necessary, and would like something along the lines of a Centaur Warrior/ knight/ archer replacing Horse Archer or Knight for UU. for BTS or Vanilla, please.
    Thank you, Jwitti

12. IdahoViking

IdahoViking Chieftain

Hey all! IdahoViking here!

So I looked up the "Civilization Requests" thread and since it hasn't been active for awhile, I figured I'd ask the friendly denizens of the board! I'm relatively new here so I hope I haven't violated a sacred Sid Law by posting a request on a completed Civs page :mischief:

Essentially, I would love somebody to make a Rhodesian Civilization. I'm still in the process of balancing my nascent modding learning with school, work, rugby and chasing the womenfolk and I'm in love with Rhodesia so I don't want to mess anything up :p

Here are the basics of what a Rhodesian Civ would have:

Leaders:

Ian Smith (Protective, Industrious) [Infamous as the last Prime Minister of Rhodesia, refused to accept black-majority rule and spent most of his term trying to obtain international recognition. Had close ties with South Africa but political expediency would eventually lead to South Africa pulling aid out from Rhodesia, though covert support continued. Despite the shortcomings, Rhodesia managed to maintain a strong currency, a powerful counterterrorism force, and your average Rhodie had access to excellent education. With the downfall of the Unilateral Delcaration of Independence in 1980, Rhodesia opened up black-majority rule, became part of the British Commonwealth for one year, then reverted to Zimbabwe-Rhodesia before becoming present-day Zimbabwe. Smith remained active in Zimbabwean politics until 1987, retired to his farm in his hometown of Selukwe before moving to Cape Town in 2005, where he died 2 years later. He still generates heated debates to this day]

Garfield Todd (Philosophical, Creative) [Liberal politician in Rhodesia, tried to increase black involvement in Rhodesian politics by increasing the black vote from 2% to 16%, staunch opponent of white-minority rule, delivered hundreds of babies before he entered politics and although he was appointed a position in Mugabe's government, he resigned in 1985 out of disillusionment with Mugabe's horrible violence against political opponents]

Capital City: Salisbury (if you guys want a city list I can provide a LOT of cities)

UU: Selous Scouts [Replaces Marine. Stats: 26 Strength, 50% Defense in Hills, Forests, Jungles, +1 Extra Movement]

UB: Rugby Stadium [Replaces Coliseum. Stats: +2 Happiness, +2 Gold]

Civilization Color: Green

Flag:

I'm still trying to learn how to mod, and I promise you all that once I get the hang of it I'll contribute as much as humanly possible for this board! Looking forward to seeing a Rhodesian Civilization come to life! And if anyone wants to insert sound clips, I can provide the MP3 files of the best versions

13. IdahoViking

IdahoViking Chieftain

Also, the starting techs would be hunting and mining. The City List:

Salisbury (Capital)
    Bulawayo
    Livingstone
    Marandellas
    Glencova
    Umsweswe
    Enkelsdoorn
    Mtoko
    Fort Victoria
    Morgenster
    Umtali
    Sessami
    Golden Valley
    Copper Queen
    Legion Mine
    Selukwe
    Gatooma
    Gwelo
    Figtree
    Wankie
    Inyati

14. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Didn't really violate a "law", but it's just not nice for this forums' organization.
    Therefore -> Moderator Action: Threads merged.

15. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Cant say im to interested in it, but if you can find me a picture on the web that you would like to use for the LH (it would be static) and art on this website you would want for the UU and UB, i would do it

Also if you find any of this please post it in my civs thread, ill respond quicker (theres a link below)

16. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

17. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

The backgrounds make it obvoius neither are from africa. But i think its about time i start trying to do my own LH, probably will just change hair color and background, and see how that goes. Thanks for the LH starters :D

18. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Changing the background is very easy, even if you don't start to make LHs

19. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

lol funny you say that...i reskinned arnold (since the other ones DL link is invalid), and its not that good at al, just different eyebrows, hair and a black suit instead, and yet the background is what i keep messing up. His bg is hollywood with the sky, and i tried to do a salisbury skyline (capital of rhodesia) and i failed epicly since 80% of the backgrounds white and the rest is sky. I tried moving the skyline up and down and ik the alpha is right. But this is my first one so ill just keep going by trial and error

20. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Then the only option is to find another suitable image.
    If it doesn't look very well, then don't waste time on that image, look for another one.

Damn, sad. If anyone has the LH, then please re-up him.