• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Post your tourny results here! :)

The only thing I can think of is that the top two finishes of the seven-player round robin play each other for the championship (perhaps in a match with aggregate).

Personally this sounds best to me.

So there's only one pool next round? I thought there would be two pools of six each, as in this post. Have we changed the format since then?

nc_1701 still hasn't finished the game vs me, and hasn't moved for a long long time. Same with Greenpeace.

I finally slipped up and lost to IglooDude, so I finish on 3 points.

Since we can't exactly change the rules in the middle of the tournament, we'll have to ask Narz.

Narz, which playoff system are we using?

I finally slipped up and lost to IglooDude, so I finish on 3 points.

Man, I felt like I was just staving off defeat the entire game until that slip, and even then... Good game, in any case. :)

There. Done with all of my games, and undefeated.

Congrats, Bluemofia! Should we meet, I'll be sure to unleash all the 'information' I have on you from all our games... :mischief:

Congrats, Bluemofia! Should we meet, I'll be sure to unleash all the 'information' I have on you from all our games... :mischief:

My tactics you mean? :rolleyes:

Since we can't exactly change the rules in the middle of the tournament, we'll have to ask Narz.

Narz, which playoff system are we using?
I think it's the top winner from each division and then the top four other players (this was Perf's idea).

Personally I think the top two from each division (making the playoffs a round-robin between four instead of six) would be better but the first was what was originally planned.

So we'll go with that. Unless it is universally opposed, in which case we can do the four player play-offs followed by a championship bout.

Looking it up, I just realized that Greenpeace was replaced by Azzaman. So... That fixes my discrepency for playing 7 games.

If I happen to be eligible for the next round (which is a possibility, considering I got 5/6 in my series, like Tomoyo), then please don't start a game against me before January 13, since I'm away for a 1-week holiday.

My tactics you mean? :rolleyes:
Oh, but I can't tell you.

EDIT: If we do it the original way, we'll avoid messy tiebreakers. (It'll still be eight players in, right?)

No wait, bleh. If we do it the first way, Cuivienen, nc_1701, and Igloodude are tied for the eighth spot, and if we do it the second way, Truronian and Arachnaphobia will be tied for the eighth spot.

What I want to do is a combination between the one in Perf's post and the others, mainly because Round Robin works better with an odd number of players.

The top two from each group advance. Then, the top non-group winner/runner-up from group one and group two combined advances, and the top non-group winner/runner-up from group three and group four advances.

Ties should be settled by a three game match on Yahoo! chess, if possible.

The benefit of using this system is that it just turns out that everyone with a winning record gets at least a chance to play into the next round.

Grouping:

Group 1:
- Group 1 winner
- Group 2 winner
- Group 3 runner-up
- Group 4 runner-up
- Groups 1 & 2 wild card

Group 2:
- Group 1 runner-up
- Group 2 runner-up
- Group 3 winner
- Group 4 winner