Potential products someone should make

So, I had what I think is a brilliant idea about something I am absolutely sure that I could sell. I briefly considered how I could advance this, get credit for inventing it, and be rich as Croesus, but I'm not nearly motivated enough. So instead I'm starting this thread, in hopes some highly motivated individual grabs the ball, runs with it, and maybe someday in their secret heart remembers me fondly. I'm sure other people can contribute and maybe we will become a well known resource for entrepreneurs.

What if I had a telephone, either for connecting to a landline or cellular or even better both, that had technology built into it that would answer and submit the caller to a Capcha-like test to verify they were human before it would ring?

Ok, here's mine. You make a sweater for dogs, and it's sized so it runs the whole length of the dog and then drapes down his upper back legs a bit, on both sides of the tail.

Then, on that part, you stitch bumper sticker slogans appropriate for dogs, like "I Lunge For Squirrels" and "If You Can Read This, Throw a Squeeky Toy" (alternately "If You Can Read This, What is Reading?") Anyway, standard bumper sticker slogans but reworded for a dog mentality.

You're welcome for your millions. As Tim says, seek me out and share a little with the idea guy.

What if I had a telephone, ... that had technology built into it that would answer and submit the caller to a Capcha-like test to verify they were human before it would ring?
You would never get any calls.

You would never get any calls.

Why not? Something as simple as "press one if you are human" would be effective until the robocall technology caught up. Anyone I really want to talk to could pass a more complex test like "add 99 to 54 and dial in the result to continue." Admittedly, voice recognition and such would allow the dedicated robocallers to get past these tests once they added them into their systems, but everything that adds to the costs of robocalling makes it less attractive.

Ok, here's mine. You make a sweater for dogs, and it's sized so it runs the whole length of the dog and then drapes down his upper back legs a bit, on both sides of the tail.

Then, on that part, you stitch bumper sticker slogans appropriate for dogs, like "I Lunge For Squirrels" and "If You Can Read This, Throw a Squeeky Toy" (alternately "If You Can Read This, What is Reading?") Anyway, standard bumper sticker slogans but reworded for a dog mentality.

You're welcome for your millions. As Tim says, seek me out and share a little with the idea guy.

I dunno if you can knit a fine enough print to fit that would still be legible...and I have big dogs. Most of the doggie sweater buying set have little tiny dogs that couldn't fit a decent slogan on their butt.

What if I had a telephone, either for connecting to a landline or cellular or even better both, that had technology built into it that would answer and submit the caller to a Capcha-like test to verify they were human before it would ring?
That sounds like a great idea, and surely something that could be done as an app for a smartphone?

I dunno if you can knit a fine enough print to fit that would still be legible...and I have big dogs. Most of the doggie sweater buying set have little tiny dogs that couldn't fit a decent slogan on their butt.
Small size magnifies cutesy. And my product is cutesy. Hater.

If it was app, it could be updated to keep up with those programming robo calls. For a small subscription fee of course.

I often think of creating a self-expanding machine which develops underground and feeds on carcasses of dogs and cats. By the end it covers the entire Eurasia. With some modification it could reach the other continents too.
Then, one day... it is Day of the Tripods.

Small size magnifies cutesy. And my product is cutesy. Hater.
Tim's right and the other "bonus" is that the dog is likely topee and poop on the garment with some regularity since it hangs low in the back.

I think the bumper sticker slogans could go on the side and they would fit better, but I also think that's been done. If you did put the slogan on the back I would go with "The view never changes, and guess what you aren't."

If it was for cats, then the slogan on the back would be either "Behold my glory" or "Sun shines out of here"

Tim's right and the other "bonus" is that the dog is likely topee and poop on the garment with some regularity since it hangs low in the back.
Hater.

Y'all are just jealous because my idea is so good. Like Tim's phone that doesn't answer is some kind of stroke of genius.

Hater.

Y'all are just jealous because my idea is so good. Like Tim's phone that doesn't answer is some kind of stroke of genius.
Yeah; I'm a cat person. In Tim's case hitting a button to "be human" is easy for a bot to bypass. As product developers, you both fail. :p

Yeah; I'm a cat person. In Tim's case hitting a button to "be human" is easy for a bot to bypass. As product developers, you both fail. :p

It is a good step harder if the button is determined at random, "press X" instead of just "press one" requires voice recognition and analysis. And again, the point is that if you make it harder on the bot developers the bots get more expensive and less desirable.

It is a good step harder if the button is determined at random, "press X" instead of just "press one" requires voice recognition and analysis. And again, the point is that if you make it harder on the bot developers the bots get more expensive and less desirable.
Or just go with an obvious question that a robot would have a hard time voice analyzing like "What year did Orange Berlusconi become president?"

Think of all the Republicans that wouldn't figure out how to answer that one. I know I have quite a few relatives that would miss that one.

Top Bottom