1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PPQ Flavor Module

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by PPQ_Purple, Aug 6, 2017.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

which units are modified ? so that i can check .

2. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Amurite Phalanx
    Doviello Phalanx
    Scions Phalanx

Best compare them to a barbarian phalanx because that thing still uses default heavy spear animations.

3. PPQ_Purple

Any comments? Do you like what you see or should I scrap the whole idea?

4. black_imperator

only got errors when i checked it, haven't looked at why yet, probably merged it wrong

5. PPQ_Purple

What errors in particular? It's literally 1 XML file and 2 art folders so debugging should be easy for me.

6. black_imperator

unspecified c++ error when looking at the pedia and red blob when looking at the unit ingame

7. PPQ_Purple

I found what the problem is. I gave you the wrong XML file. Basically when I was uploading the file I split my animations from SPECIAL.XML which is my universal testing file into Halberds.XML but I accidentally packaged the original instead. So you got an error for missing models for a bunch of test units that are half done. (and a spoiler file)

I'll delete the attachment and reupload it with the correct file. This one should work.

Attached Files:

8. PPQ_Purple

Still broken?

9. PPQ_Purple

A little birdy told me that the future upgrades are going to have several tiers of units based on the freak. And all of them will need some degree of armor. So here is my entry for the first of them, a champion tier unit.

Notice the fact I retained the general body shape, weapon and distinct visual elements whilst adding my own armor, spikes and a shield strapped across the gut with an evil Pinocchio look complete with a spike nose "the better to stab you with".
    Spoiler :
    typ3 gruppen.JPG
    14.JPG

As far as work is concerned this is easily the hardest unit I've made to date simply because of the amount of trial and error that went into getting it to look just right.

black_imperator likes this.
  10. azatote

azatote Chieftain

I just realized that when your module is on, the Clan ships do not have icons anymore (so you see ugly pink squares instead). Could you please at least restore the default icons?

11. PPQ_Purple

I am not sure why that would be as I did not alter anything about clan ships in my module. The one and only change I did to the clan is the Great Engineer unit.

Are you playing the SVN version or the stable version? Because the only thing that comes to mind that could be causing this is if you were playing the SVN version. TLDR; ages ago I suggested @black_imperator incorporate an ork ship pack I found on the forum into his mod and he might have added it. But instead of adding it to the mod he might have merged that with the SVN my module instead.

I can't access the SVN right now to check. But if that is the case that would explain the problem. Also I would prefer he didn't do that.

And if that's not it than I am genuinely stumped.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  12. azatote

azatote Chieftain

I'm discussing the matter with him right now on discord ^^. Playing the latest SVN release with steam.
    Sorry, I thought you might have done something about clan ships. Since it's not the case, I'll investigate myself to locate the source of the issue in your module.

13. PPQ_Purple

If what I speculated turns out to be the cause make sure to tell him to separate those two out. My module does not contain any units just strait up taken from other sources without heavy modification. And I don't want anything pouting that.

Also what ever it turns out to be please inform me so that I know and can avoid or fix it as is necessary on my end. That way if the error turns out to be related to me in some way I won't propagate it or run into it in the future.

14. black_imperator

I added it to the main mod, i'm not touching your module without telling you ^^

15. PPQ_Purple

Good for that. Sorry if I sound aggro it's a heat wave over the whole continent and everyone is on edge. I haven't had a good days sleep in 3-4 days.

16. azatote

azatote Chieftain

Same here. I have the icon bug happening only part of the time, it may be a local problem on my computer, especially if no one else reports it.

17. PPQ_Purple

No screenshots this time as the heat is killing my creativity. But a TLDR announcement. TLDR I have been experimenting and have decided to remaster the Amurites units with blue tattoos to make the tattoos glow and look magical. Expect that to be part of the next release.

Canceled due to really patchy results. Some models look good and some look terrible. But it's all or nothing because it would end up really nasty inconsistent otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  18. PPQ_Purple

Do not be alarmed for the lack of units. I just have a huge project ongoing.

Spoiler :

19. PPQ_Purple

This one is just too good not to share.
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

20. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

pretty o.o
    nice touche the icicles everywhere.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018