1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PPQ Flavor Module

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by PPQ_Purple, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Alexej

Alexej Prince

:O do not dare to! This needs to be complete.

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Hope you get better soon

3. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Good news everyone. It would appear that in spite of my valiant unyielding efforts I have failed to achieve death. So I shall be continuing unit design in the near future.

Alexej likes this.
  4. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Good you are making jokes about this too, but was it some mistake in blood tests result or what?
    Once I was allmost sent to hospital due to wrong results caused by cold :D

5. PPQ_Purple

No, I just had a really bad case of the flue or something similar that had me choking and coughing and generally feeling miserable to the point where I felt like dying. But I had the forethought to start chugging medicine like it was vodka. And now it cleared up and I am still alive.

Well, I am still coughing and stuff but at least I don't feel like every bit of anything I swallow is literally burning acid that's on fire. And that change is enough for me to call a victory.

6. PPQ_Purple

Will this do for a paladin for the Amurites?
    I think the model is really good and the whole thing looks right. But I don't know if you mind the fact it's not white and shiny as opposed to its current more race fitting color

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

And .yes, that is the Zweihander from Dark Souls 2. I am doing DS weapons xD

black_imperator likes this.
  7. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

It's good.
    how would be the berserker for comparison (and the current Pally ?)

8. PPQ_Purple

There are none. Both of those are missing models that use default units instead. That's why I am making replacements.

My angle with them is that for the paladin I want to take the average footman and just add all the armor I can that still looks like it fits in the theme. And for the berserker I am going to strip armor off and add maybe magic glowing runes or something.

Really, the chief difficulty with paladins is that you can't recolor a texture to be white and have it look good. It just does not work.

Than again, my Mechanos paladin isn't exactly white either.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  9. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Looks good to me

10. PPQ_Purple

Great, in that case I'll keep it.

By the way, did you guys know that the swirly fire effect seen on many units is actually 3 different parts all combined, each with its own individual colored texture. I'll leave things ideas up to your imagination for now. :D

11. PPQ_Purple

Well, fine, I'll share some of it actually since I randomly came up with a way to make good looking whiteish armor textures.
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

How do these look?

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Looks good too, i'm not certain which one i like better. Maybe the whiter one.

13. PPQ_Purple

The white one will be the paladin and I'll use a slightly modified version of the brown one for the great commander.

14. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

whiter version is better.!

15. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Nice paladins gj

16. PPQ_Purple

Speaking of nice. Remember when I said I'd be using the brown model for the great general? Well how does this work?
    Spoiler And yes, I did design and make that staff on my own. And yes, of course he has custom animations to make sure things don't clip. :
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

17. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Yeah, that works very well.

18. PPQ_Purple

In case anyone is wondering my current work is custom halbeard animations. In particular I made two different types (light and heavy) of overhead axe strikes to complement the stabs. I've also adapted the pikemens overhead stab to the halberd model.

So once the new spear unit line comes along I'll be ready with some custom animation combos (5 options, pick 3) for various units.

And yes, this does indeed mean I am going through the existing halberd units and customizing their movesets to better fit their axes and glaves.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  19. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Interesting, waiting how this turns out

20. PPQ_Purple

It won't really come into its own and become super interesting until later as right now there are only 3 halberd units in the mod. But later when b_i implements the new spear unit line and every civ gets a separate spear and halberd unit than it will really pop.

Until than if you want to play around with it here is a file. Just drop this over my module and override.

If you guys like it I might apply the same treatment to other animation styles like say swordsmen.