pre-SKNES

To be honest, Christianity splintering was about the last thing I expected to happen.
But it does make for a very interesting scenario, especially if this NES continues past 1000 AD (which I plan for it to do)

To be honest, Christianity splintering was about the last thing I expected to happen.
But it does make for a very interesting scenario, especially if this NES continues past 1000 AD (which I plan for it to do)
If the Catholics will remain so, I insure you all, There will be not splinters from Catholicism......

I'm not crazy! I just follow the voices in my head! You know, god.
HA! You failed to capitalize "god" which signifies that you don't believe in the God of Abraham! :p

Well according to wikipedia, it was around in the 10th century (so 2 centuries off), and was a lot less fancy.

Well according to wikipedia, it was around in the 10th century (so 2 centuries off), and was a lot less fancy.
Around 800 I'm suppose to nominate Charlamange as emperor, and get his protection from the non-existent Lombards. I think the Pope in this world will be stronger because of the massive mess the Byzantines just caused.

Lombards... Now there's an idea! ;)

LMFAO@Drunken stories. Now not only do I have a hangover, but I have to tolerate christians in my country for a little bit!

I figured something was up with that story. ;)

Kingdom of Thuringia/GamezRule
Location: Modern day Bavaria, Thuringia, Lower Saxony, Austria, Eastern Switzerland, Czechia
Religion: Christ-worship (Decentralized Christianity with strong influence from Germanic Paganism)
Government: Tribal Monarchy
History:

Pushed by the migration of other Germanic tribes, the Thuringii tribe gradually moved south, and several decades of wars established them as the dominant tribe in the regions north of the eastern Alps. The Bavarii and Alemanni tribes provided the most resistance, but in recent times they have become more and more assimilated into a greater Germanic tribe.

The early wars saw the Thuringii tribes soundly defeated and forced to retreat back north. Feeling Odin had failed him, the leader of the Thuringii, Theodo, prayed to Christ for help, and launched another invasion. The invasion was a rousing success, and by 650 the Thuringii had established themselves as the dominant tribe in the regions. Under the leadership of Theobald around the year 700, the lesser tribes began to be converted to this distinctly pagan variant of Christianity, and also began to be assimilated into the Thuringii tribe. In the year 776, tribal and religious leaders bestowed upon Uatalo, the great-grandson of Theobald, the title and honor of the King of Thuringia.

The tribe is known for its warlike tendencies, and Thuringii armies are renowned for their cavalry. War is a fundamental part of Thuringii culture, evidenced by the fact that it is nearly impossible to find a Thuringii man past the age of 15 who has not seen combat.

Spoiler :

That should be fine, Gamez, can I just move you east a bit, in case lord joakim makes a nation in his claimed area this turn (Baden-Wurttemberg)?

Actually, I took care to ensure I didn't touch Baden-Wurttemberg, or at least the version of it that Napoleon formed. Though I could say that in the context of this NES it would be better to refer to the region as Swabia. :p

Top Bottom