Predictions for what UBI does to society

UBI Trial in Wales, but it sounds like it will be really small

The Welsh Government has announced it will be trailing universal basic income (UBI) in Wales.

A Welsh Government spokesman said: “We have followed the progress of UBI pilot projects around the world with interest and believe there is an opportunity to test the concept in Wales.
“There is more work to be done in this area but we are interested in developing a small pilot, potentially involving people leaving care.”
Scotland has already announced one (I guess)

Scotland has announced that four local authority areas will undertake research into the feasibility of a Basic Income pilot, supported by the Scottish Government and others, including NHS Health Scotland.​

The Welsh Government has announced it will be trailing universal basic income (UBI) in Wales.

A Welsh Government spokesman said: “We have followed the progress of UBI pilot projects around the world with interest and believe there is an opportunity to test the concept in Wales.
“There is more work to be done in this area but we are interested in developing a small pilot, potentially involving people leaving care.”

Scotland has announced that four local authority areas will undertake research into the feasibility of a Basic Income pilot, supported by the Scottish Government and others, including NHS Health Scotland.​
That is a good way to begin. Try it out and see what happens in a somewhat controlled setting. If the results are positive, tweak it and go bigger. Rinse and repeat. Others will copy.

I hope it works. Greed has failed.

Top Bottom