1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Production Queue 0.1.17

Add a production queue to city production management

1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

What is weird about this is that I couldn't build a national wonder building in every city. Only cities that were on other continents.

2. Zeusmoltar9

Zeusmoltar9 Chieftain

I did a mod spotlight recently on this mod. After finishing a 12 city playthrough I can no longer micromanage without this mod, it makes late game stuff a breeze. It's too bad it clashes with some other mods, but I think i'd choose this over most everything else given the choice!

Here is the spotlight hope you enjoy it:

3. Artekus

Artekus Chieftain

Yup, by a nuke.

4. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Kk, then I'm pretty sure you couldn't repair them in vanilla either, so this mod doesn't affect that.

5. Lynnes

Lynnes King

I'm not sure if it is related to this mod or a vanilla bug, but I just lost a city where I was building the only available trader unit.
    Now the option to build a new trader is still greyed out for all other cities, and re-taking the city where it previously was in production didn't help either. Building a trader remains locked, no matter what I do.
    Any ideas what else I could try?

Anyway thanks for this great mod, it makes the game so much more convenient and I don't want to miss it anymore! :)

6. ColPaladin

ColPaladin Chieftain

Yup, a wonderful mod. Had a problem though: Went over to a friends to show him this game, and we played hotseat. This mod does not work with hotseat. :(

Every time it was my turn, what my friend put in his last city's build cue was in my city's build cue too. We finally gave up and removed the mod. :cry:

The devs of this game STILL have not added this to the game themselves yet??? For gosh sakes, just cut/paste this mod, make a few tweeks, they'd be done.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  7. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

@Lynnes I'd be surprised if it were directly due to the mod, since it checks how many trader units you have to decide whether or not you are eligible to build. Anything is possible, though! I don't suppose you have a save from when that happened?

@ColPaladin As has been stated before, hotseat is not supported. I have many features on my list from all the wonderful feedback by everyone who has enjoyed the mod. Unfortunately, I am in a busy period of my life. I will definitely get around to it, and I'm very much looking forward to it, but as of yet I have not had the chance. I wish finding free time in my life to work on it were as simple as cut/paste and making a few tweaks. I'm sure you can understand.

8. Lynnes

Lynnes King

You mean a save from the very turn where it occured? No, sorry.
    But from the game in general: Yeah sure, I'm still playing it, and this one trader unit is still locked, so I can only build max traders -1.

9. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

@Lynnes Yes, a save from any time after you began to experience that problem would be lovely. Thanks!

10. ColPaladin

ColPaladin Chieftain

Loz, just to make sure you know, I love your mod, and I think it's great. I was referring to the Devs of the actual game. Why can they not get this into the game, when a customer like you has already. It's mind boggling to me they still have not added this when a customer can.

11. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

@ColPaladin Oh! Well that went right over my head. Now that I read it the sane way that you intended, it makes far more sense. I agree, I find it really odd they haven't integrated queuing. Thanks for the clarification!

12. TORARADICAL

TORARADICAL Prince of The JODASA

@Lozenged Great job with the mod!
    What are the chances of getting it to work in multiplayer, especially hotseat which I play with my kids?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  13. Lynnes

Lynnes King

lol thanks but Lozenged is the one you should express your gratitude to, he is the mod author! :D

well.. are you a real prince?

14. sp00n

sp00n Prince

@Lozenged
    Regarding Hotseat, shouldn't hooking the LuaEvents.PlayerChange_Close event be enough to make this work? This fires when the Hotseat selection screen is closed, so you can reload the ZenProductionQueue variable at this point for the new player.

// Edit
    Adding this line to the Initialize() function in ProductionPanel.lua seems to be all that is needed to make it work for Hotseat.
    Code:
    -- Hotseat
    LuaEvents.PlayerChange_Close.Add(function() prodQueue = {}; LoadQueues(); end);

But I didn't do any extensive tests, just checked if the queues were correct when switching the player.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  15. ChimpanG

ChimpanG Chieftain

Hi @Lozenged,

My steam just downloaded an update for Civ VI, and suddenly I'm having issues using this mod where the production panel simply no longer opens. I wouldn't hesitate to assume that the download was a preliminary placeholder for an upcoming patch, which tells me that they've probably added a production queue back into the game.

I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this. In any case, I just want to say thank you for your work on this mod - I've not played the game without it, and only now have I experienced an issue.

If a patch comes out and makes this obsolete, I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with next! :) Fine work!

16. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

Can you update this for the new patch?

17. bladex

bladex Emperor

it works fine for the aust patch i had no trouble completing a game with it.

18. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Have you thought about integrating the "Last Produced Bug Fix" mod into this one?

19. PYITE

PYITE Prince

When I build the Macedon barracks replacement building it still shows the stable as buildable. If you select the stable it destroys the barracks building.

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Interesting. I built the Barracks replacement, but when I tried to click on the Stable to see if I could build both, nothing happened. It never went into the queue and remained in the build options list until the Armory was available.