Project SYNTHESIS

Off topic, but there was some guy saying it was a good thing the Iran-Iraq war happened (because it distracted America's enemies) and that America should sell weapons to the Saudis and Iran to make it happen all over again between those two. I cursed him out for ignoring the chemical warfare, deaths, etc., and basically compared that kind of logic to that of Hitler and the Janjaweed.
His analysis of things was rather elementary since America is reaping the benefits for the position it took during the Iran-Iraq war now? The couple of million that America made off the war was totally not worth having to fight a multi trillion dollar war in Iraq now and there is also the fact that Iran now wanting nukes does have quite a bit to do with those and other actions taken in the past. As far as Saudi- Iranian war is considered that is outright ridiculous; that guy is pretty stupid for not realizing that America had billion of dollars invested in S.A and vice versa. S. Arabia is one of America's biggest allies and fills the pockets of many elites including the Bush family so his analysis is not only wrong on a moral scale but also on a political and historical one.

Strange minds think alike :D

Why is this in the DoC subforum? Is this mod essentially "DoC Extended"?

I've not played Synthesis before, might give it a shot actually

It's based on DoC, so in a way, yes.

I just downloaded the latest version from the SVN when I noticed this on the starting screen:

It didn't happen on the 3000 BC start, however.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot8577.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot8577.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 384
The date? yes, they're slightly screwed up. Sorry about that.

I was actually going to point out the fact that its called "The Mali" rather than Mali.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Shouldn't it be "The Malians"?

... that actually was my first intuition :D

Ya, I stripped all the names down to rework them. It'll be in the next revision. If you want to play without the inconvenience of having long, annoying TXT_KEY's on the screen, update to the earlier revision. You won't lose anything.

Can anyone else confirm this? It might be the Safavid spawn, the only significant event around that time. By regardless, I need confirmation.

Fantastic news, all! Karadoc of K-Mod fixed a major speed bottleneck in AI speed that can decrease turntimes by around 25-50% (faster computers will receive a disproportionally large improvement). I'm waiting a week or so for any unintended effects people may report, and then I'll add it myself. This is probably one of the biggest speed improvements in Civ IV history, aside from (perhaps) CAR.

Also, SVN Updated:

1) Most DN names done... I'll finish it 100% probably in the next few revisions. Most of the older civs are finished, the newer civs not. So 600 AD players will generally see minimal effect, aside from Byzantium, China, Korea, and any respawns of older civs.
2) STARTED updating to the latest revision of DoC but you won't see any in-game effect just yet aside from perhaps a few arts changes. That is to say that the bigger changes, i.e., Thai, Mughals, etc, are not yet SVN'd
3) Bug whereby indestructable buildings were sometimes destroyed was fixed. This removed the previous feature that Middle Eastern buildings weren't destroyed on city conquest. Instead, I have given the Seljuks the Turkish UP, since the main cause of Middle eastern population decimation is the culture battle over plots that results in everyone's loss. Really a better fix would have been RoM's fixed cultural borders. Which leads me to ask you guys what you think of that.
4) Added Captured City Art modcomp
5) Changed Sudanese terrain to discourage Arabian settlement there. So far, they still continue to settle there :rolleyes:. This leaves me with three options: (1) Further nerf Sudan; (2) Change Arab stability maps; (3) Give them a settler further west so that even if they settle Sudan they will also settle the rest of North Africa.
6) Added a city to Morocco (Tingis), made North Africa Byzantine.
7) Central Asian barbs removed
8) Relationship malus between civs of different religions also now depends on whether or not you have theocracy. Theocratic civs hate civs of other religions at the normal rate; other civs have it halved. Should help with Iranian UHV.
9) Arabian troops spawns changed. First, the normal small spawn in Mecca. Then, a small force of Camels in Baghdad along. Finally, a force in the westernmost city the Arabs hold. Total number of spawning troops increased.
10) Arabian capital no longer switches to Cairo or Baghad; instead it switches to Damascus or Baghdad.
11) Began a system, adapted from SoI province highlighting, of highlighting UHV requirements. No in-game effect as of yet; I'm still structuring the code and musing over how exactly to go about some of this.
12) Harun al-Rashid instead of Saladin; Saladin moved to Egyptians. First Arab Leader is Abu Bakr.
13) Damaskos flips to Arabia

Top Bottom