Solidirio

Chieftain
Hi, first of all this is my first post in this awesome community, and im here since the amount of people who still create stuff for this game is trully amazing

- :c5capital: Basically something like what was done in the Cultural Diffusion mod, by giving the citizens of each city a nationality that could be displayed as % in each city, based on their civilizations of origin.

- :c5citizen: Depending on the prosperity of each city (and empire) some cities can attract citizens from different civilizations from time to time, specially the ones that find themselves struggling to keep their people content, maybe because of a war (refugees). Again, these changes will be displayed in each city, showing a % for each type of citizen present, something like what is already done with religion.

- :c5influence: Depending on the policies and religion (and in a future, ideologies), of each nationality, it could have a positive or negative impact in each city, as people with different customs interact in different ways.

- :c5occupied: Taking in count that there is just so many citizens a city can handle at a time, there could also be an option to close borders for migrating citizens or refugees (this could have different impacts as history progresses).

- :c5culture: Culture and tourism could have a big impact determining to what cities the population decides to migrate to aswel, as people would also prefeer moving to civilizations that have dominant cultures over them, giving both elements a more strategic meaning.

- :c5war: Fighting against a civilization that has more of your people with them would also increase their war weariness as they feel bad seeing their people in war, but this could be altered with policies, reforms, etc.

- :c5citystate: This could also lead to some interesting options present on the World Congress as civilizations try to deal with the flux of populations worldwide in later eras.

I came out with this idea because i like feeling a more dynamic population in the world, as in history people had moved between different nations, shaping in different ways how countries develop and societies think., making the player feel way more invested in the stability of their empires. Im pretty sure there could be way more other things that could be done with these mechanics, but this is what i had in mind and wanted to share with you all.

Hi, first of all this is my first post in this awesome community, and im here since the amount of people who still create stuff for this game is trully amazing

- :c5capital: Basically something like what was done in the Cultural Diffusion mod, by giving the citizens of each city a nationality that could be displayed as % in each city, based on their civilizations of origin.

- :c5citizen: Depending on the prosperity of each city (and empire) some cities can attract citizens from different civilizations from time to time, specially the ones that find themselves struggling to keep their people content, maybe because of a war (refugees). Again, these changes will be displayed in each city, showing a % for each type of citizen present, something like what is already done with religion.

- :c5influence: Depending on the policies and religion (and in a future, ideologies), of each nationality, it could have a positive or negative impact in each city, as people with different customs interact in different ways.

- :c5occupied: Taking in count that there is just so many citizens a city can handle at a time, there could also be an option to close borders for migrating citizens or refugees (this could have different impacts as history progresses).

- :c5culture: Culture and tourism could have a big impact determining to what cities the population decides to migrate to aswel, as people would also prefeer moving to civilizations that have dominant cultures over them, giving both elements a more strategic meaning.

- :c5war: Fighting against a civilization that has more of your people with them would also increase their war weariness as they feel bad seeing their people in war, but this could be altered with policies, reforms, etc.

- :c5citystate: This could also lead to some interesting options present on the World Congress as civilizations try to deal with the flux of populations worldwide in later eras.

I came out with this idea because i like feeling a more dynamic population in the world, as in history people had moved between different nations, shaping in different ways how countries develop and societies think., making the player feel way more invested in the stability of their empires. Im pretty sure there could be way more other things that could be done with these mechanics, but this is what i had in mind and wanted to share with you all.

Civ III and IV had systems like this, not sure how much work it would be to bring to Civ V

I love the idea, it gives a coherent additional layer to the game that interlocks well with other systems (policies, religions, trade, war...). Plus a way to gain citizen without food.

Biggest barrier here is that citizens are not ‘entities,’ just a pool of resources for a city. So realistically you’d need to create an object for each citizen in a city, and assign traits etc. there. That would be a lot of work and would continue to burden the already taxed memory limit of the game

The suggestion is appreciated, but this is out of scope for the mod and isn't feasible to add. Perhaps something for a modmod.

Top Bottom