Prove Your Logic

Only number 2 confused me. And 8. Other were easy.

I normally have the time on my wrist, but YMMV.

That sounds like a clock and bull story to me (I'll stop now).

I completed the form, there were alot of CFC posters in the table.

You are right, but to be fair I didn't put that much thought into that one, I said "either 3 or 13", tried both, and 13 was right. Still was confusing, even if the answer the other way would have been 8, not 3.

Here's the thing. The riddle asks what is the least number of shoes you have to take out to guarantee you have a pair of matching shoes. 3 is simply not enough. Assuming you can feel left/right shoes, you cannot feel for colors. So if you pick out 3 shoes, there can be 2 right shoes that are brown and 1 that isn't. The number of minimum shoes is 13 because that is the least number of shoes that would GUARANTEE a match.

Well, not bad.

Level 11 seems like a sort of paradox, to me.

Actually the shoes one was IMHO terrible. It does not mention if you can distinguish a left boot from a right boot by touching them. I'm totally sure I CAN do it during darkness, and it seemed obvious that since it is only SIGHT that I can't use, I can use all my other senses. And on top of that, shoe/boots questions are famous for playing on knowing which one is right and which one is left.

I first assumed you COULD distinguish them, in which case 3 would have been the correct answer. Seeing it wasn't, I assumed the question didn't even think of that possibility that was obvious to me so I tried the answer for the situation in which you couldn't distinguish a left boot from a right boot, and that was it.

As soon as I reached the boots question, I quit. The days of the week problem was also terrible, since there are NO days of the week where both can say that they were both lying yesterday.

Logic puzzles are fun, but these... are just a waste of time.

As soon as I reached the boots question, I quit. The days of the week problem was also terrible, since there are NO days of the week where both can say that they were both lying yesterday.

Logic puzzles are fun, but these... are just a waste of time.

The days of the week problem had an answer. You had to find the day were one had lied yesterday and was telling the truth today, and the other one was telling the truth yesterday and lying today (thus saying he lied yesterday).

Well, I had to get help for level 24, the one where you count the triangles, but I did eventually identify them all after looking at the answer here. Otherwise, I didn't have too much trouble with it. The last one was too easy.

Here's the thing. The riddle asks what is the least number of shoes you have to take out to guarantee you have a pair of matching shoes. 3 is simply not enough. Assuming you can feel left/right shoes, you cannot feel for colors. So if you pick out 3 shoes, there can be 2 right shoes that are brown and 1 that isn't. The number of minimum shoes is 13 because that is the least number of shoes that would GUARANTEE a match.

Umm, did you miss the part in which I accepted 3 was not correct, but 8 could have been, and thus drawing the conclusion that there was no way to know if the answer is 8 or 13? ;)

Top Bottom