PSA: Mac Release Wed 11/26

@KiMs: I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. In fact, just now discovered my PC-subscribed mods synced to the OS X version. Honestly, this is something I never expected, so I'm quite happy.

@SavvyPlayer: I had no problems downloading/installing through Steam on OS X after noon CST. Took about 25 minutes.

@oakdragon: ouch - what graphic settings?

@KiMs: I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. In fact, just now discovered my PC-subscribed mods synced to the OS X version. Honestly, this is something I never expected, so I'm quite happy.

@SavvyPlayer: I had no problems downloading/installing through Steam on OS X after noon CST. Took about 25 minutes.

@oakdragon: ouch - what graphic settings?

All the minimums... including any extra tweaks I could think of, like windowed mode. And the UI Blur and Depth of Field ini settings were disabled by default, so that didn't help, either.

edit: Interestingly, raising the graphics settings doesn't seem to have any effect! (low to med. or high this or that; resolution and windowed mode take effect, of course/)

edit again: And, on further soldiering through, because I really wanted to play it, it crashes a lot. Oh well.

Saw tonight it was available in the Apple Store. I have downloaded. Tried to play a game, but I have no idea how to play this thing :(

Saw tonight it was available in the Apple Store. I have downloaded. Tried to play a game, but I have no idea how to play this thing :(

Just play by the seat of your pants and don't worry about whether you win or not on your 1st try. It will be more Fun that way and learning by eXperience deepens your emersion.

JosEPh:)

^^Thanks--but I mean totally confused. I spent 20 turns just trying to give my military unit a promtion :(

I'm a King player in Civ V but am totally lost in BE. It doesn't help that I'm 52 years old.

I picked up on Civ V very quickly. I tried a game in BE and I have no idea what the heck is going on.

^^Thanks--but I mean totally confused. I spent 20 turns just trying to give my military unit a promtion :(

I'm a King player in Civ V but am totally lost in BE. It doesn't help that I'm 52 years old.

I picked up on Civ V very quickly. I tried a game in BE and I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Make sure the tutorials are at least set to "new to beyond earth", and pay attention to the quests for ideas of what to do.

^^Thanks, and I am. I'm lost with that poison tiles crap and whatnot.

I'll get the hang of it, but it's so different than regular Civ V.

Thanks.

Running really well on my Mid-2013 MB Air. Graphics set to 'High.' Some minor issues, such as I can't seem to pan the technology tree/web. I can zoom out and see it all, but then all the text disappears.

Running really well on my Mid-2013 MB Air. Graphics set to 'High.' Some minor issues, such as I can't seem to pan the technology tree/web. I can zoom out and see it all, but then all the text disappears.

I think that's "by design" - in Windows I can't pan by navigating the edges either, I need to click in the minimap to change focus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a MBP Retina, 15, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, 2880 x 1800

I have no problem to play with Graphic profile = Ultra but the highest resolution is 1440 x 900 is there any way to play on higher resolution?

I have a MBP Retina, 15, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, 2880 x 1800

I have no problem to play with Graphic profile = Ultra but the highest resolution is 1440 x 900 is there any way to play on higher resolution?

I think these are your options:

1) Try toggling between Windowed and Full Screen to see if your resolution options change
2) Open up the Settings.ini file and manually put in your new resolution, and see how it behaves
3) Drop a note to support@aspyr.com and ask what's up with Retina displays

I think these are your options:

2) Open up the Settings.ini file and manually put in your new resolution, and see how it behaves

Ok... Where is the .ini? Changing the .ini has been my first order of business with every version of civ to date. On this one I can't even find it. :confused:

Ok... Where is the .ini? Changing the .ini has been my first order of business with every version of civ to date. On this one I can't even find it. :confused:

user/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth

Nope. Thanks for the quick response but it's not there. Unless it's hidden maybe? I haven't tried that yet...

I'm running 10.10 (Yosemite).

Hmm, so am I. That's where I found it on my system. I'm not sure what to suggest, then.

edit: wait, well, the user Library is hidden, yes. If you hold down the option key and choose the Go menu in the Finder, you can access that. The rest of it is visible once you find that, though.

If you hold down the option key and choose the Go menu in the Finder, you can access that.

I had no idea you could do that:clap:

Anyway, I have the user library in my sidebar so that's where I was looking anyway. I also used onyx to show hidden files this time... :badcomp:

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 1.44.56 AM.jpg

I had no idea you could do that:clap:

I didn't either, until some nice soul on here pointed it out to me the other day. :)

Anyway, I have the user library in my sidebar so that's where I was looking anyway. I also used onyx to show hidden files this time... :badcomp:

View attachment 386692

Well, phooey, I don't know what to say then. *shrug*

Are you on the Steam version or Mac AppStore?

Top Bottom