PW-02 Zombie Nation

Switching Poles ? ;)
Sorry, poor joke. And we aren't even in the Fox SG...

OK with me if TLO can take it before tomorrow. Otherwise, tomorrow is good as for me.

Up for 10 turns :D
i noticed, Boudica is FRIENDLY towards Catherine. If we attack one, then the other will also likely declare...

Turn 1:
I accept. 1 more happy resource never hurts.
Turn 4: Metal casting done. started philosphy for liberalism
Turn 6: Boudica completed Notre Dame, Catherine completes chichen itza
Turn 10: Boudica completes statue of Zues :(

Catherine declared war on hatty. I say no of course.

Not much happened. Barcelona is a perfect city for drafting troops.

save

Can we do something to worse their relations (Cathy and Boudi) ? Force civics with spies, buy religion switch ? Maybe we should make Cathy attack Hatty - they seem to dislike each other, and then attack Boudica when Cathy has too much on hands ?

Advise please. I think Toku will need all our brains on future diplomacy, problem being we will HAVE TO attack Boudica or Cathy (or most likely both). Stupid AI placing cities and expansion :mad:

Edit : just seen the SoZ line. Where Boudi built it ? Is it manageable to get this city first ? (Vienne ?:please:)

I have no clue. I'll check now.

BTW Cathy just declared war on hatty. Read the 2nd last line ;)

We can do some espionage between cathy and boudica. We have some pretty good espionage compared to them. Only boudica matches us in espionage, so maybe Cathy is a better espionage target.

I'm sure you'd all be happy to know the statue of Zues is in Bibactre.

If you take a look, all of boudica's cities aren't that far from us.

Looks like Biberacte is on hill.
Better start sending stationning spies there to lower the revolt option. We should put all espionnage on the sexy two (Cathy & Boudi) - I can't see anything better now.

We can attack Boudi now and Hatty won't come to her aid. I would make two stacks, one will head to Bibracte using the hills and forests that are conveniently there, the other sent east to pillage that iron and act as a diversion. If Bibracte can't be immediately taken pillage the copper and Boudi has no metals.

got it, playing now. I don't think we're in position to attack boudica any time soon. I'd rather attack hatty first, she usually doesn't build that many troops.

inherited turn:

I make this deal with hatty. I wanted her to throw philosophy in but she wouldn't. Dunno why we're researching philo ourselves when we could trade for it with hatty.

We will want to have Feudalism eventually, cause it's on the way to guilds, therefore on the way to rifling.

I started on market in madrid. We've got a shrine there. Market should be a priority.

turn 1:

I notice that espionage is already set on Cathy and Boudica only. Good job.

Philo in. Started on paper.

Cathy asks me to join the war against hatty and I don't see why not, so I agree.
We've already traded all techs hatty has to offer.
We loose furs and silks from trades from egypt, but i set up new trade: fish to Boudica for silk.
We've got plenty of happy anyway, but having a trade going may discourage Boudica from declaring on us.

Whipped some buildings (we have lots of food but little production)
and a workboat in Nagoya (it'll be ages until we build courthouse there.
It's better to grow the city)

turn 3:

Whipped market in madrid, started on aqueduct (low on health)
Made this deal with Cathy.

Moving our troops to egyptian territory. Maybe we can steal a city or two, who knows.

turn 4:
Boudica asks to stop dealing with english, and I agree.
We've only got open borders with england anyway, and since they don't have any good cities, OB doesn't bring us much gold via trade-routes.
What's more important, we don't want to upset Boudica while she has tech advantage (maces and pikes).

turn 5:
great scientist born in Kyoto. I burn him on education for 1650 beakers. 5 turns to education left.
We should win liberalism race easily.

turn 6:
Boudica declares war... on Elisabeth :goodjob:

Cathy compleres Angkor Wat.

turn 7:
Boudica asks as to join the war vs England, and once again, I agree.
It's a good way of strenghtening relations with Boudica. English are dead anyway.

I found another fishing village. We need more of those, they practically pay for themselves upon being founded (5 commerce generated vs 5.85 maintenance)

turn 10:
Boudica captures Nothingam. English almost dead, only 1 city left.

Since Boudica is pleased with us, I ask he for free cow and she agrees. That means we can't declare war on her for 10 turns and vice versa. Also it helps our health problems.

Education in. I set research to literature, it'll only take 1 turn and we should build heroic and national epic asap.

Our troops reach Alexandria, here's what's inside:

we should easily take it at the expense of an elephant or 2.

During this turnset after getting Feudalism I built us some longbows, mainly to raise our power rating fast.

I think we should found more fishing villages, build heroic epic in capitol and national epic somewhere. Nagoya would be best, but it'll take ages until it'll be built there so I dunno.
Don't forget to whip often. We've got lots of food and plenty of happines with health being our only concern. This is just perfect for whipping :D

Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/131446/Zombie_Toku_AD-1410.CivBeyondSwordSave

Nice..... I think that war with Hatty is the only way to get even with the crazy redhead and the russian backstabber. Hatty territory seems nice enough ( with the usual :smoke: city placement of the AI... ) and if we can grab ti we'll be able to not fear a attack, a thing that will happen sooner or later with the people we choosed to let alive ;)

How are we tech wise compared with the AI? And is ther any one thinking on attacking Hatty ( i.e Cathy has hands full? ) ?

Great job Betruger!
Nice job on diplo and warring.

I hope we can keep in pace with conquering the Egypt.

Hey, could it be my turn finally ? ;)

Gotcha!
Open to suggestions for the next 8 hours - will play tomorrow morning.
I consider going for more Egypt, especially the shoreline.
Lib choice seems self-explicit - ain't it? Draft is the word in a happy all around country :)

IMHO we should get as most egyptian land as we can and try to avoid the entering of Cathy in "our" war ( she's nearer and possibly has a fairly decent army.... we don't a even bigger Cathy's empire ;) ). Natio out of Lib seems good ( can we get it?... ) and then finish Boudica ( possibly with Cathy's help :devil: ). If we can do that we have a lock on the win.....

IMHO we should get as most egyptian land as we can and try to avoid the entering of Cathy in "our" war ( she's nearer and possibly has a fairly decent army.... we don't a even bigger Cathy's empire ;) ).

Well, she's already in that war. The russian-egyptian war started in TheLastOne36's turnset remember? and we got dragged into it in my turnset.
Also I don't think we can capture that many cities ourselves, because our army is a bit outdated. Hatty has longbows, crossbows and maces already. After we trade for machinery and upgrade swords to samurais, that's an entirely different story. Cathy will discover it in the next turn and she's friendly so she'll trade it for sure.
However we don't have gold to upgrade them and it'll be a while before we do.

How are we tech wise compared with the AI? And is ther any one thinking on attacking Hatty ( i.e Cathy has hands full? ) ?

We've got education on everyone, Boudica has nationalism, hatty and boudica both have machinery.
Boudica will soon finish England so she probably will join the war after that.

^^Thanks for remembering me of the Cathy-Hatty war ( :hammer2: )...
Nobody has gunpowder... :devil: Maybe we should press on drafted muskets ( we're toku.... our gunpowder units are lvl 3 out of bat *devilish sarcastic laugh* ) to make a rapid update of our army. BTW we should make the globe in Barcelona ( even if with whip overflows ) ASAP. If we can get Rifling long before the AI this game is in the bag.....

yeah good idea with the globe.
except we don't have drama yet oops :)
maybe we should get that before liberalism too, it'll only take a turn and a half.

yeah good idea with the globe.
except we don't have drama yet oops :)
maybe we should get that before liberalism too, it'll only take a turn and a half.

I noticed that we don't have Drama, That's why I said "ASAP" and not "now" :p . About the tech order, maybe we can squeeze it between Edu and Lib, but after lib would be fine too....

Top Bottom