Quantitative Easing 2. Some Economists Weigh In.

@Thanks Integral for putting some more words behind my general statement =). Umm, and Integral also makes a good point that this was a structural recession. A structural recession isn't one of the easier to get out of recession types, so that its been awhile for the recovery is expected.

Not all recessions are created equal!

The President (and politicians together) get far too much credit for a good economy, and far too much blame for a bad one, typically.

Obama has the power to educate and explain the circumstances of this recession to the American people and to stand firm on implementing prudent policies to help America return to a sense of normalcy. Obama, from day one, should have made it very clear that America has been living in a period of unsustainable excess for many years now, and that it was time to wean us off of the teat.

What does healthcare have to do with anything? How can you justify restricting one commodity versus any other? If the public is willingly deciding to spend their discretionary income on healthcare - and demanding new procedures and treatments that are expensive to develop - why should the government step in and interfere with that free market process? Healthcare providers and manufacturers do not reap excessive profits, and much of the costs can be tied to necessary government regulation, research, and development. I believe there are pragmatic issues associated with healthcare in America that should be dealt on a moral and economic basis, but I fear that implementing a universal healthcare system would result in far reaching negative consequences to healthcare programs throughout the world and lead to an extended period of stagnant healthcare development. I certainly don't think it would assist our current economic situation, nor will our current version of healthcare reform boost our economy.

I agree that not enough has been done to regulate financial markets. But I cannot help but examine your vision of a central bank that can directly lend to private enterprise with extreme trepidation. It's one leap to allow them to manipulate banking reserves to adjust interest rates, but it is a much larger jump to allow them to fully play God with our lives and our wellbeing. We've given the Fed the keys to the car for decades and they've driven it into the ditch over and over. How can we possibly trust an economic entity that is used as a political arm to function in a proper way? Furthermore, what right would such a bank have to play God with the laws of supply and demand? How do you determine who does and who doesn't get a loan? This sounds more like Soviet style banking that will inevitably end up accelerating contemporary economic problems that we face today, and that is, excess supply and too much debt.

You and your buddy Paul are wrong about your stimulus theory. My position isn't rooted in arcane theory; it's rooted in thorough analysis. You are choosing to limit your analysis to only those observable effects of some policy or phenomenon on one very visible constituency, and failing to analyze the effects elsewhere (to say nothing of the absent analysis of the intervention which you advocate). Falling home prices and rampant foreclosures obviously put downward pressure on profits, businesses, the banking industry, and throughout the economy as a whole, and margin compression means that some businesses and banks will go belly up. But falling prices are a net positive for those consumers who continue to purchase, produce, and act responsibly, as they now have more discretionary income with which to either consume or save (increasing the margins - and thus, eventually employment - of the producers whose output is now newly consumed; or adding to the stock of loanable funds, reducing interest rates and increasing capital formation, in the case of saving). This is why I believe that your baseline assertion, and the assertion of the self-proclaimed economic gurus in the other thread, are dead wrong about our future without a stimulus and quantitative easing. I also raise questions about deflation being explicitly terrible for an economy.

As for the housing industry and other bubbles that foment under this economic madness. The solution is clear. Anybody with a brain knows what the solution is. But like I said last night, we don't want to meet the man in the mirror.

If a surplus is not affordable and it's just piling up, guess what? Prices need to fall until they become affordable. This is an unavoidable reality, and any attempt to fight it politically only ******s the inherent economic healing process and broadly reduces the general standard of living for everyone. This would only be exacerbated by your government bank loaning directly to producers. Our economic model becomes unsustainable when political entities try to suppress the price system so that it stops reflecting real scarcity and incentives.

The reason banks are not lending is twofold: their balance sheets are impaired, and would-be borrowers are either not interested in taking on more debt or are already so indebted that banks are unwilling to risk loaning them money. The money supply in a credit-based, fiat model is the sum of all assets that lenders are both willing and able to borrow against. The nominal value of most assets is falling, reducing both the willingness and ability of lenders to lend, and quantitative easing does not address this very real matter. Your Keynesian bank would not take into account the depreciation of asset values due to surplus and excess - and given the current economic circumstances - would not be providing loans with necessary collateral to render the transaction as economically sound. All we'd be doing is building the house of cards even bigger. It would just be another political mechanism for kicking the can down the road.

The natural market mechanism to reflect an economy that is over-spending and under-saving is the interest rate. Like all prices, it coordinates economic decisions and allocates resources in a way no legislation ever could. Manipulating it - the domain of the Federal Reserve and the Federal Reserve alone - has consequences, many of which were felt in the 1930s and many of which are being felt today. The grim fact is that as the market as presently configured - and as configured in the late '20s and early 30's - can collapse. Such is the nature of capital markets based on the pyramiding of assets and the expectation of perpetual exponential growth.

This system misallocates resources by communicating to individuals incorrect information about the relative health and capacity of the economy by broadly manipulating interest rates. Because this then produces an inherently unsustainable economic boom, it then too produces an inevitable bust, the costs of which are real, tangible, and very human. I'm of the opinion that wrenching booms, busts, and capital misallocations should be minimized, and that the current nature of money, banking, and capital markets is fundamentally flawed. But even if one disagrees with that conclusion and endorses the current capital edifice, it's clear that the reallocation of capital takes time, and that any political attempt to jigger with that reallocation - by virtue of its zero-sum nature - only ******s the necessary and cleansing reorganization process and exacerbates the human costs associated with an economic downturn.

The alternative is to allow the market to work, allow those costs to be borne by those most responsible for them (and, yes, some who aren't), seek to more fully understand the nature and mechanics of phenomena that tend to create economic dislocations, and - to the extent possible - pursue policies that if not eradicate said phenomena, at least minimize them.

Unfortunately, life isn't always puppy dogs and ice cream. I object to the notion that we should - let alone can - attempt to insulate individuals from unpleasant realities. I'm advocating for the minimization of those controllable, endogenously caused economic shocks because, by its definition, it's impossible to minimize uncontrollable, exogenously caused economic shocks. A codified social safety net and unending stimulus programs distorts behavior by introducing societally corrosive incentives, moral hazard, and adverse selection. It's not the worst thing in the world for a bit of adversity to intrude on insularity.

Obama has the power to educate and explain the circumstances of this recession to the American people and to stand firm on implementing prudent policies to help America return to a sense of normalcy. Obama, from day one, should have made it very clear that America has been living in a period of unsustainable excess for many years now, and that it was time to wean us off of the teat.

What more can you say to people who refuse to listen? He didn't do everything right, but he doesn't deserve the blame for that.

What does healthcare have to do with anything? How can you justify restricting one commodity versus any other? If the public is willingly deciding to spend their discretionary income on healthcare - and demanding new procedures and treatments that are expensive to develop - why should the government step in and interfere with that free market process? Healthcare providers and manufacturers do not reap excessive profits, and much of the costs can be tied to necessary government regulation, research, and development. I believe there are pragmatic issues associated with healthcare in America that should be dealt on a moral and economic basis, but I fear that implementing a universal healthcare system would result in far reaching negative consequences to healthcare programs throughout the world and lead to an extended period of stagnant healthcare development. I certainly don't think it would assist our current economic situation, nor will our current version of healthcare reform boost our economy.

If we do not control the cost of health care, the country goes bankrupt. End of story. Whether you want UHC or not, does not matter besides the fact that we cannot pay for the current system on the trend that it is on. UHC provides outcomes at least as good, and usually better, than the US system for as little as half as much money. That means that at least half the money the US spends is simply flushed down the toilet. And it is bankrupting the government, the people, and the private sector employers. There are no known negative consequences of UHC. Just scaremongering.

We are up to 17% of GDP on health care, compared to 8% for Japan. How do you compete in business when you are simply taking 9% of your revenue and destroying it?

The US government's cost is out of control, more than on all other issues combined, on health care costs. The long run fiscal problem in the US is health care costs. Nothing else. It is ultimately the thing that trumps every other issue.

Choosing to not control health care costs is choosing bankruptcy.

If government spending is something you want to control, then you want to control health care costs. If you do not want to control health care costs, don't pretend that you care about government spending too much. You don't.

Read This

I agree that not enough has been done to regulate financial markets. But I cannot help but examine your vision of a central bank that can directly lend to private enterprise with extreme trepidation. It's one leap to allow them to manipulate banking reserves to adjust interest rates, but it is a much larger jump to allow them to fully play God with our lives and our wellbeing. We've given the Fed the keys to the car for decades and they've driven it into the ditch over and over. How can we possibly trust an economic entity that is used as a political arm to function in a proper way? Furthermore, what right would such a bank have to play God with the laws of supply and demand? How do you determine who does and who doesn't get a loan? This sounds more like Soviet style banking that will inevitably end up accelerating contemporary economic problems that we face today, and that is, excess supply and too much debt.

Do you understand the difference between a crime of commission and a crime of omission? The difference between doing something that causes harm versus not doing something that might have prevented harm?

The Fed exists for one reason, and that is to prevent, manage, and mitigate economic crisises. That's why it was created. What is the alternative? A Great Depression once a generation. What that means is that, in the absence of government action, the US would have had at least 2 Great Depressions since WWII ended. Because, that's what the financial markets do. When allowed to.

The Fed's failures over the past 20 years were acts of omission. Greenspan, being a libertarian, chose to ignore those actions that the Fed could have taken that could have prevented this crisis. So people say gut the Fed because it did not act, but then if you gut it for not acting, then it cannot act in the future. Which mean that the mistakes that made this crisis become the policy that causes the next crisis.

Choosing to gut the Fed is choosing for this to happen over and over and over again, each time worse than the time before. That's your choice.

The alternative is a managed economy. You don't want the Fed playing god, but you are living with the results of Wall St. Playing god. The Great Recession is the result of Wall St playing god, and the Fed letting them do it. How is that a better result than the 80 years between financial collapses that having an activist Fed and government delivered?

You and your buddy Paul are wrong about your stimulus theory. My position isn't rooted in arcane theory; it's rooted in thorough analysis. You are choosing to limit your analysis to only those observable effects of some policy or phenomenon on one very visible constituency, and failing to analyze the effects elsewhere (to say nothing of the absent analysis of the intervention which you advocate). Falling home prices and rampant foreclosures obviously put downward pressure on profits, businesses, the banking industry, and throughout the economy as a whole, and margin compression means that some businesses and banks will go belly up. But falling prices are a net positive for those consumers who continue to purchase, produce, and act responsibly, as they now have more discretionary income with which to either consume or save (increasing the margins - and thus, eventually employment - of the producers whose output is now newly consumed; or adding to the stock of loanable funds, reducing interest rates and increasing capital formation, in the case of saving). This is why I believe that your baseline assertion, and the assertion of the self-proclaimed economic gurus in the other thread, are dead wrong about our future without a stimulus and quantitative easing. I also raise questions about deflation being explicitly terrible for an economy.

Wages fall with falling prices. So the net is negative. And Paul is not my buddy.

As for the housing industry and other bubbles that foment under this economic madness. The solution is clear. Anybody with a brain knows what the solution is. But like I said last night, we don't want to meet the man in the mirror.

If a surplus is not affordable and it's just piling up, guess what? Prices need to fall until they become affordable. This is an unavoidable reality, and any attempt to fight it politically only ******s the inherent economic healing process and broadly reduces the general standard of living for everyone. This would only be exacerbated by your government bank loaning directly to producers. Our economic model becomes unsustainable when political entities try to suppress the price system so that it stops reflecting real scarcity and incentives.

The reason banks are not lending is twofold: their balance sheets are impaired, and would-be borrowers are either not interested in taking on more debt or are already so indebted that banks are unwilling to risk loaning them money. The money supply in a credit-based, fiat model is the sum of all assets that lenders are both willing and able to borrow against. The nominal value of most assets is falling, reducing both the willingness and ability of lenders to lend, and quantitative easing does not address this very real matter. Your Keynesian bank would not take into account the depreciation of asset values due to surplus and excess - and given the current economic circumstances - would not be providing loans with necessary collateral to render the transaction as economically sound. All we'd be doing is building the house of cards even bigger. It would just be another political mechanism for kicking the can down the road.

The natural market mechanism to reflect an economy that is over-spending and under-saving is the interest rate. Like all prices, it coordinates economic decisions and allocates resources in a way no legislation ever could. Manipulating it - the domain of the Federal Reserve and the Federal Reserve alone - has consequences, many of which were felt in the 1930s and many of which are being felt today. The grim fact is that as the market as presently configured - and as configured in the late '20s and early 30's - can collapse. Such is the nature of capital markets based on the pyramiding of assets and the expectation of perpetual exponential growth.

This system misallocates resources by communicating to individuals incorrect information about the relative health and capacity of the economy by broadly manipulating interest rates. Because this then produces an inherently unsustainable economic boom, it then too produces an inevitable bust, the costs of which are real, tangible, and very human. I'm of the opinion that wrenching booms, busts, and capital misallocations should be minimized, and that the current nature of money, banking, and capital markets is fundamentally flawed. But even if one disagrees with that conclusion and endorses the current capital edifice, it's clear that the reallocation of capital takes time, and that any political attempt to jigger with that reallocation - by virtue of its zero-sum nature - only ******s the necessary and cleansing reorganization process and exacerbates the human costs associated with an economic downturn.

So just accept Great Depressions starting every 20 years after the last ends?

The alternative is to allow the market to work, allow those costs to be borne by those most responsible for them (and, yes, some who aren't), seek to more fully understand the nature and mechanics of phenomena that tend to create economic dislocations, and - to the extent possible - pursue policies that if not eradicate said phenomena, at least minimize them.

Actually, your way maximizes them. Mine minimizes them.

Unfortunately, life isn't always puppy dogs and ice cream. I object to the notion that we should - let alone can - attempt to insulate individuals from unpleasant realities. I'm advocating for the minimization of those controllable, endogenously caused economic shocks because, by its definition, it's impossible to minimize uncontrollable, exogenously caused economic shocks. A codified social safety net and unending stimulus programs distorts behavior by introducing societally corrosive incentives, moral hazard, and adverse selection. It's not the worst thing in the world for a bit of adversity to intrude on insularity.

If you actually were "advocating for the minimization of those controllable, endogenously caused economic shocks", then we would be on the same side. Because my side does that. Your side maximizes the scope, scale, and frequency of economic dislocation. It is the liberatarian principles that caused 2007-2008. It was the liberal principles that prevented that from happening 1945-2007.

Countrygrl,

What you are asking Obama to do is beyond any President's ability.

Healthcare is a major component of getting things running better. It should be singled out because there's alot of OOMPH from working there. No reason to sweat the small stuff at this point.

Markets are only perfectly efficient in theory. In practice , some minimum of regulatory action is required.

What exactly doesn't Obama deserve blame for?

Saying that we're going to collapse if we don't reign in healthcare costs is a blithe statement - it's unfounded, and will never happen. The quality of care in general may erode for the lower classes, but we will never collapse because of it. And people will always have the cash on hand to pay for basic treatment and care. I agree with you that UHS would probably result in an overall increase in general care and a reduction in costs to the consumer in the US, but I don't think this outweighs the risks associated by its implementation. I also think that if we instituted a UHS here in America that the costs of European nations UHS's would significantly increase. I don't think UHS promoters really take into account the kind of impact neutering the medical industry in this country will have on productivity. You want to make things cheaper, but if you make things cheaper then you're going to kill incentives associated with working in the medical industry. This will kill supply of medical goods as well as innovation for everyone. Not just Americans.

I think you are reading way to much into what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that we get rid of the Fed. I understand its purpose, but within that understanding must also come an understanding of how it has been used by politicians over the course of its history. And it has not been implemented in a manner that it was supposed to be, and instead, has become a dependent political entity that is guilty of everything I accuse it of in my last post. Your discussion on Greenspan is a fine example of mismanagement. By adhering to political wranglings he reduced interests to such an extent that it allowed the housing bubble to form. You acknowledge this is a problem, but you want to expand the powers of the Fed further. What happens when someone like Greenspan has the power to selectively lend money to people and businesses to further promote the economy? What if they had this power back in the 90's and before 2007? Do you not think that the disaster would have been magnified much worse? It seems to me you want this power to be bestowed in hands that you trust, but to nobody else. To me, if you are going to have this stance, then it's best to not create this power in the first place.

You also use a false dichotomy when you say I want the banks to play God. This is beyond comprehension really. I've clearly stated that I want increased and stronger regulation to decrease the chance of asset bubbles forming. These banks that you blame for this collapse wouldn't exist in my world as they wouldn't have been bailed out. This, coupled with tighetr regulation would send a strong message to banks. To go with this I believe that we need to have a rigid legal system in place to vigorously punish fraud. What's even more curious is that you justify the Fed, you blame the banks for the current problem, but simultaneously support the bailouts. This is concurrent with your declaration that your system will minimize those controllable, endogenously caused economic shocks. How is that? By eliminating negative consequences associated with risky banking behavior by bailing out the very institutions that hold our economy hostage while simultaneously making everybody else poorer? By using a Fed policy to keep asset bubbles inflated? To utilize quantitative easing to reduce interest rates when they are already at zero? To use direct Fed lending when the value of assets in the free market does not justify lending (this wreaks of sub-prime mortgages)? I do say that it's a curious position you're taking. You may reduce the frequency of recessions, but I'll continue to maintain my premise that all these policies do is kick the can down the road for one, big, epic collapse.

As for the comment on deflation: "wages fall, prices fall, so the net is negative." What difference does it make? Whether wages and prices rise, or they fall, so long as purchasing power is maintained, then there shouldn't be a problem. A natural free market economy is deflationary by nature. It's not something that I fully understand.

Lastly, I really want you guys to know that I don't have solutions. I'm still young, I still have four years college ahead of me to learn about business, finance, and economics. While I have developed a sharp critical eye, I freely admit that I do not have the skills or education to develop a comprehensive solution. These are more critiques and observations than they are comprehensive solutions.

Country Girl,

You may want to consider reading the "Ask an economist threads." You're going to have to get a much better education on economic concepts, because you betray your lack of economic knowledge. That's not a bad thing, at least you are asking the questions.

For instance you say, if wages and prices fall at the same rate, what does it matter?
Well, it actually matters alot. The US is not an isolated country.

I think there's alot in those old threads that are good. I'm not trying to be uber-arrogant so apologies if that is how its coming across, but I'm now in year 8 of being a practicing economist, and Integral is about to start his journey towards a PhD.

What I have found is that the more education I have (in reality, I'm a applied economist practicing in labor and urban economics, mainly) the less I really know about policies. Do not expect an undergraduate education to do anything more than give you an idea of what question to ask.

Int's link is very good.

As I have stated, one big flaw in our system is that the ruling party or people tend to get far more credit than is deserved when there are good times, and far too much blame in bad times. Fiscal and government policy move the economy like a captain moves a cruise ship (very slowly) Shocks (waves) happen quickly. There is always adjustment

Disclaimer: IANAEconomist.
countrygrl said:
As for the comment on deflation: "wages fall, prices fall, so the net is negative." What difference does it make? Whether wages and prices rise, or they fall, so long as purchasing power is maintained, then there shouldn't be a problem. A natural free market economy is deflationary by nature. It's not something that I fully understand.
Falling wages and falling prices discourages consumers from spending and businesses from investing, because they know that it will be cheaper to do so next year. It also makes paying off the massive amount of debt on US household's balance sheets significantly more difficult, since the value of the debt doesn't decrease, but the ability of households to pay it back does. All of these things, in addition to be bad on their own, lead to a fall in aggregate demand; if people continue to expect inflation to be negative, then it becomes a vicious cirlce of falling prices, falling demand, falling profits, falling wages, and falling prices.

Basically you're wrong because the economy is dynamic, not static -- inflation expectations are more important than the mere nominal level of inflation.

What exactly doesn't Obama deserve blame for?

Obama could have, and should have, communicated better to the public about what we are really facing. And what his proposals to deal with it were. But you need to learn about the limits on the powers of the president. There is nothing he could have done on most of these issues above what he did do, except try harder to get public support.

Saying that we're going to collapse if we don't reign in healthcare costs is a blithe statement - it's unfounded, and will never happen. The quality of care in general may erode for the lower classes, but we will never collapse because of it. And people will always have the cash on hand to pay for basic treatment and care. I agree with you that UHS would probably result in an overall increase in general care and a reduction in costs to the consumer in the US, but I don't think this outweighs the risks associated by its implementation. I also think that if we instituted a UHS here in America that the costs of European nations UHS's would significantly increase. I don't think UHS promoters really take into account the kind of impact neutering the medical industry in this country will have on productivity. You want to make things cheaper, but if you make things cheaper then you're going to kill incentives associated with working in the medical industry. This will kill supply of medical goods as well as innovation for everyone. Not just Americans.

Read the book in I linked in my previous post. When a hardcore fiscal conservative that was also the US government's lead accountant tells me that UHC is needed to address the budget problem, well I'm convinced. Now my inclination is to UHC to begin with. Because it is objectively better.

Your comments on the medical industry just don't track. All the R&D in that sector could be funded by the government out of the savings to the system from UHC. And many medical advances are already publicly funded, in the US and overseas.

I think you are reading way to much into what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that we get rid of the Fed. I understand its purpose, but within that understanding must also come an understanding of how it has been used by politicians over the course of its history. And it has not been implemented in a manner that it was supposed to be, and instead, has become a dependent political entity that is guilty of everything I accuse it of in my last post. Your discussion on Greenspan is a fine example of mismanagement. By adhering to political wranglings he reduced interests to such an extent that it allowed the housing bubble to form. You acknowledge this is a problem, but you want to expand the powers of the Fed further. What happens when someone like Greenspan has the power to selectively lend money to people and businesses to further promote the economy? What if they had this power back in the 90's and before 2007? Do you not think that the disaster would have been magnified much worse? It seems to me you want this power to be bestowed in hands that you trust, but to nobody else. To me, if you are going to have this stance, then it's best to not create this power in the first place.

First, Greenspan didn't do what he did because of politics. He did it because Wall St wanted it. Basic difference. And the Fed has been hostile and in opposition to what the elected government wanted at least as much, if not more, than it has been accommodating. To say that it has done what it has done out of politics is fundamentally misreading the situation.

You also use a false dichotomy when you say I want the banks to play God. This is beyond comprehension really. I've clearly stated that I want increased and stronger regulation to decrease the chance of asset bubbles forming. These banks that you blame for this collapse wouldn't exist in my world as they wouldn't have been bailed out. This, coupled with tighetr regulation would send a strong message to banks. To go with this I believe that we need to have a rigid legal system in place to vigorously punish fraud. What's even more curious is that you justify the Fed, you blame the banks for the current problem, but simultaneously support the bailouts. This is concurrent with your declaration that your system will minimize those controllable, endogenously caused economic shocks. How is that? By eliminating negative consequences associated with risky banking behavior by bailing out the very institutions that hold our economy hostage while simultaneously making everybody else poorer? By using a Fed policy to keep asset bubbles inflated? To utilize quantitative easing to reduce interest rates when they are already at zero? To use direct Fed lending when the value of assets in the free market does not justify lending (this wreaks of sub-prime mortgages)? I do say that it's a curious position you're taking. You may reduce the frequency of recessions, but I'll continue to maintain my premise that all these policies do is kick the can down the road for one, big, epic collapse.

OK. I may have misread you. But you have to understand that when you attack the primary regulatory body on banks, that doesn't give the impression of someone who supports a lot of regulation.

The banks are to blame for the current crisis. The Fed may have made mistakes. The government, Congress, the regulatory agencies, the Bush administration, Clinton, and many others made mistakes as well.

But the banks and Wall St created the crisis. The government just threw the doors open and stood aside while it was happening. So, yes, the government was wrong in not regulating. But the banks and Wall St did not have to do any of the things that caused the crisis. No one forced them. They went through the door fat and happy all on their own.

So what do you do afterward? Do you let a fire rage out of control just to punish the kid who played with matches? The simple fact is that the 'let them fail' approach would have done vastly more harm to innocent bystanders than it would have to the owners and executives of the banks and Wall St. Allowing that harm would have been irresponsibility of the highest order.

Mise made good points above. But let me stress this; when wages and prices fall, debts do not. Normally, there is a small amount of inflation in the economy. Any debts you take on have an interest rate that already takes this into consideration and builds the cost of inflation into the system. With deflation, the interest rate is not altered to a negative. So you are still paying for inflation under deflation. Which means that the real costs of paying off that debt are becoming higher and higher over time. And that means very big increases in debt defaults. Everyone is worse off.

Lastly, I really want you guys to know that I don't have solutions. I'm still young, I still have four years college ahead of me to learn about business, finance, and economics. While I have developed a sharp critical eye, I freely admit that I do not have the skills or education to develop a comprehensive solution. These are more critiques and observations than they are comprehensive solutions.

OK. Glad you said that.

The vid you first posted sounded a lot like much of this anti-Fed, anti-fractional reserve banking, stuff we have seen a bunch of times in the past year. It really doesn't have a basis in an understanding of economics. And having had the same argument, repeatedly, in the recent past, with other people, it tends to get a shorter and snarkier response than you, personally, might otherwise deserve.

I'm not clicking on a link that's white and broken and I'm told is virus-y. Plus, what are you adding and why is it that Schiff has to be right and I and others be wrong? How exactly is he "owning us"

Just like I said about the whole mises.org stuff. Post something of your own, not someone else thinking for you

Top Bottom