Questions & Answers

I was looking forward to alter one of the civilizations' unique abilities in order to produce 50% cheaper settlers. Is there a way to do this? (Preferably modding the XML folder or something, as I have no knowledge of how the Python code works.)

It can be done in XML. To add that ability, you would have to add the "Imperialstic" trait to all of the leaderheads' of the civilization you want to change, as well as copy and paste the Civ4TraitInfos file attached(you must change it into .xml format for it to work!), this file is modded to not give a 100% great general emergence bonus.

This is what you add:

Spoiler :
Code:
			<Traits>
				<Trait>
					<TraitType>TRAIT_IMPERIALIST</TraitType>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>
			</Traits>

Add that where there is the empty "<Trait>" tag in the leaderheads of the civ you want to change.

I'm sorry if I did not explain it well. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• CIV4TraitInfos.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 56
This, however, would have "imperialistic" displayed as trait for their leaders, and not show the effect at the respective place. The latter, however, can be changed by editing TXT_KEY_UP_(your civ here) in XML/Text/RFC_UP (or UP_Warlords or UP_BtS according to when your civ was introduced).

I just made Khmer my vassal and 1 turn later they capture Patliputra, but a message said: 'You captured Patliputra' and the city is now mine.

That was a welcome surprise, but is it always the case when your vassal captures a city it's yours?

My guess is that they captured the city, then in the option box that pops up upon a city capture, they selected "no... return control of the city to (your empire)"

It has happened to me once, and that seems to me to be the best explanation.

Oh, and to answer the question, no it isn't always the case, but only when they "select" that option I mentioned above.

I just made Khmer my vassal and 1 turn later they capture Patliputra, but a message said: 'You captured Patliputra' and the city is now mine.

That was a welcome surprise, but is it always the case when your vassal captures a city it's yours?

I think that's when your vassal decides to liberate the city to you.

I remember during one game as Germany, I ended up collapsing Russia by taking Moskova, Stalingrad and Novgorod. There ended up being a huge number of independent cities stretching all the way to Siberia. Having eliminated my rival, I was content with my 3 cities and went and did other things.

However, for some reason the Dutch (my vassal) decided to go on a conquering independent cities spree. But William didn't want to keep the cities, so he decided to give them all to me. :rolleyes: I couldn't raze them because my stability already wasn't too great, so I ended up accepting them while hoping that he would only capture a few. But he never stopped. I absorbed practically all of the useless cities the Russians like to found until I collapsed under my own weight.

:mad:

I think I saw a cheat mentioned that allows one to cycle through all the civs in play. I can't find said cheat now. Was it a figment of my imagination, or does it exist (and if so, what is it)?

Hello guys, I've been playing the Arabs for awhile now after winning with Greece.

Anyway, my question is about RFC special rules: I have run Bureaucracy for some time now, not realizing the stability problem it gives with the large empire (in addition to cost). I didn't want to switch when my stability was bad though, but I managed to start a golden age. Problem is, there is still anarchy!

I use the latest version of RFC with BTS. Is this intended? If so I don't know when I should switch.

Golden Ages don't offset anarchy turns in RFC. They still give you a stability boost, that should in most cases be high enough to avoid collapsing because of the temporary stability hit from anarchy. If you're playing with the latest version, it's even completely impossible to collapse during a GA. Anarchy still affects your permanent stability rating, so it's still wise to avoid unnecessary switches.

You better change civics just one turn before your Golden Age starts, otherwise you'll lose one turn of bonusses.

I hope you realize that a Golden Age gives you extra hammers and gold on all your tiles.

I did a search and didn't see this problem, nor is it in the FAQ, sorry if it's already answered in here, but going through 120 pages takes some time.

I recently picked up Civ4 for the mac on Steam, and was trying RFC. Played through a game as China, and loved it, worked great. However, when I try to play any of the civs with a 'late' start, it doesn't work. A window pops up saying "97 autoplay turns remaining" or some such, and even if I leave the computer for an hour, the bar doesn't progress.

If I click or hit enter, the window vanishes and I can start playing, but it always starts at 3000 BC with the standard warrior/settler start. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to add a new leaderhead for Germany because I'm sick of seeing Bismarck leading the Third Reich.

Thus, I downloaded this LH of Hitler and extracted it to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\Art\leaderheads.

After that, I went to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Civilizations and I found two files that I need to edit: CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml .

Do I need to edit other files to get Hitler in the game?

...copy and paste the Civ4TraitInfos file attached...

Where should I paste Civ4TraitInfos.xml if I wanted to give everyone their traits?

Good question!

I want to see Adolf too if you click on Third Reich. I already added him to the Beyond the Sword leaders and changed the two files: CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in both BTS/Assets/XML as in RFC/Assets/XML

Where is the file that determines when a leaderhead changes?

Can you code that if Germany is 'fascist' Adolf Hitler is the leader and if they aren't Bismarck is after 1900 or so?

I did a search and didn't see this problem, nor is it in the FAQ, sorry if it's already answered in here, but going through 120 pages takes some time.

I recently picked up Civ4 for the mac on Steam, and was trying RFC. Played through a game as China, and loved it, worked great. However, when I try to play any of the civs with a 'late' start, it doesn't work. A window pops up saying "97 autoplay turns remaining" or some such, and even if I leave the computer for an hour, the bar doesn't progress.

If I click or hit enter, the window vanishes and I can start playing, but it always starts at 3000 BC with the standard warrior/settler start. Am I doing something wrong?

love to be able to help such a horrible problem, but I don't have a mac...
however, based on problems I have encountered before on windows, I would say there's probably a good chance you need to obtain the latest updates to both Civ4 AND RFC (not sure what they are or where to find them for a mac, though)

anyway - here's a quick one:
so, I guess only on viceroy can you play a european civ and pop the huts in the caribbean or in Brazil to get free Astronomy tech?
I hope that's not true - because that will seriously hamper my move to monarch from viceroy... :mad: someone please tell me I'm wrong!

Sorry, I'm not too great with modding leader heads (I can do some file alterations though), so I was wondering if it could be possible if you guys could post Hitler's leader head up as a download, so I, and other people, could just add it into the RFC folder, or something along those lines.

Thanks!:)

I don't think we would want him in our mod though...unless we want Berlusconi.

Sorry, I'm not too great with modding leader heads (I can do some file alterations though), so I was wondering if it could be possible if you guys could post Hitler's leader head up as a download, so I, and other people, could just add it into the RFC folder, or something along those lines.

Thanks!:)

Here it is.

ya thanks for the link, but I have no idea how to link it to the game, do you think if we could PM Rhye, he would help us with it?

Top Bottom