Questions & Answers

That's your home folder, which is not where programs generally reside. Some installers and programs are not sophisticated enough to cope when executables and DLLs are put in nonstandard places. I don't know how it ended up there, but if you're not comfortable mucking with your system environment variables you should probably uninstall, reinstall, and make sure it ends up somewhere under either

c:/Program Files
or
c:/Program Files (x86)

The latter is where I'd expect it to end up by default on a 64-bit system, since it's a 32-bit game.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :goodjob:
I uninstalled and reinstalled and guess what, it installed in the Program Files (x86) folder. Everything works correctly now.

P.S.: The funniest thing is that todays my birthday :D

I would like to play some one-city-challenge-games, but I can't custom a scenario in the main menu. So I went to the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.ini file to change 'NoCustomScenario = 1' to 'NoCustomScenario = 0'. I restarted RFC but i still couldn't select 'custom scenario'. I tried to chance something else in the .ini file to check if this would have any effect but it didn't do anything. It seems .ini file doesn't have any effect on the game. Anyone who can help me?

Hey,

I'm not quite sure where to ask this, so I thought I'd try it here :D

I love playing Japan in RFC and I now installed RFC Marathon. In the "normal" RFC I usually get the Lighthouse and sometimes the Moaui (?)-Statues as well (the Colossus is never really in danger of going to someone else).
On Marathon however most if not all of these 3 are built while I'm constructing one of them.

Is that a desired effect to rob Japan of these wonders and therefore make the game harder for them?

Or is it just a side-effect of RFC Marathon that Wonders get built earlier?

And on an unrelated note: I just downloaded Dawn of Civilizations 1.10 but when I start it I get a "blank" civ-selection-screen immediately replaced by an empty error box and an empty menu. Anyone recognize this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey,

I'm not quite sure where to ask this, so I thought I'd try it here :D

I love playing Japan in RFC and I now installed RFC Marathon. In the "normal" RFC I usually get the Lighthouse and sometimes the Moaui (?)-Statues as well (the Colossus is never really in danger of going to someone else).
On Marathon however most if not all of these 3 are built while I'm constructing one of them.

Is that a desired effect to rob Japan of these wonders and therefore make the game harder for them?

Or is it just a side-effect of RFC Marathon that Wonders get built earlier?
It could be. Since there are more turns, the AI may decide to allocate its resources differently. It's hard to say really, but Epic and Marathon generally play out quite differently than Normal, so it's not just more turns.

And on an unrelated note: I just downloaded Dawn of Civilizations 1.10 but when I start it I get a "blank" civ-selection-screen immediately replaced by an empty error box and an empty menu. Anyone recognize this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance
Do you play on a language other than English? DoC is not completely translated, and for some reason that means that it doesn't run at all unless your language is set to English.

I would like to play some one-city-challenge-games, but I can't custom a scenario in the main menu. So I went to the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.ini file to change 'NoCustomScenario = 1' to 'NoCustomScenario = 0'. I restarted RFC but i still couldn't select 'custom scenario'. I tried to chance something else in the .ini file to check if this would have any effect but it didn't do anything. It seems .ini file doesn't have any effect on the game. Anyone who can help me?

problem solved

It could be. Since there are more turns, the AI may decide to allocate its resources differently. It's hard to say really, but Epic and Marathon generally play out quite differently than Normal, so it's not just more turns.

Do you play on a language other than English? DoC is not completely translated, and for some reason that means that it doesn't run at all unless your language is set to English.

Yes, I play the German Version, so thats probably why. Do I have to reinstall or can I change the language somewhere?

And (if it's okay to ask here, I don't really want to open a thread for it, but if you deem it better I will):
I have a few questions regarding Russia in RFC Marathon (yeah, since Japan can't get the wonders I didn't really want to play them^^)

- City Place: Which Cities to found/keep?
I founded Moscow on the spot (1south is probably better), got Riga (on the cows) from the Germans and founded Kiev, Budapest and Vologda (next to the fur) and then as soon as seemed useful Samara (2 West of the Iron, East of Moscow, to get the stone for Sakore & Spinal).
Then I later founded Ekaterinburg in order to settle Siberia and "Chicago" & "L.A." (north of the deer). (I was the first to discover the new world)
In order to get my first UHV I founded several cities on the same turn and then gifted them to Mongolia (3 "liberated", 3 gifted, kept Ekaterinburg) so as to not go above the 10 city-limit.

What would you do differently?

And: I don't know if its me or RFC Marathon but my stability seems to be varying quite a lot. In the time of a few (maybe 3-5) turns it went from +21 to 0 even if nothing happened (nobody discovered democracy, no wars, no closed borders, no new cities....) and it is constantly low (around +4 to -15).
I know I shouldn't be running slavery in 17xx but I want to get Christo before changing as I'm afraid the anarchy will more than offset any gains from changing the civics (HR, none, Slavery, none, org. Rel., none).
Especially since I'm sort of beelining in this direction because of the UB.

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve my play? (I'm winning on Emperor as Russia is pretty easy if you get a good start, but still I want to learn)

Stupid question perhaps, but where can I find the stability maps for a given civilization?

Hi,
Could someone explain me what the rating for each civilization actually mean. For example what does it mean that Greece has a 3 star rating for production.
Do these ratings mean that the cost for buildings&units/technologies/cultural growth and what not are smaller if you've got more stars in that field?

As to (1), you can probably search it and get an image, but also an archived version of the Rhye's mods website available in Hosted Sites could get you to a set.

For (2), it is all about the land. For example, Germany has 5 production stars because it has land capable of producing well. Russia has 5 starting situation stars, because there is plenty of land to expand to easily.

Hi I downloaded the latest version, but I've got no clue how to update my older one and make use of the newer on. What to do with the whole downloaded file (I downloaded RFC 1.187 for BtS)

Hi I downloaded the latest version, but I've got no clue how to update my older one and make use of the newer on. What to do with the whole downloaded file (I downloaded RFC 1.187 for BtS)

Delete the old RFC folder in the Program Files/.../BTS/Mods.
Unpack the downloaded file the same mods folder.

I don't know if this is the right topic to ask, but...

Can someone list the changes that were made to the RFC map compared to the Earth map with 24 civs for Warlords?

I'm only interested in base terrain and terrain feature changes, but from tile to tile. And obviously, I don't need the tile changes, which were made to include marshes and new resources.

Also the changes made to the Earth map for Warlords compared to the Earh map for vanilla - which should be a much easier request - interests me as well.

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded the BTS RFC latest verson, and MP. I extracted them to

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I deleted the origina RFC folder, and updated BTS to 3.19. They show up when I open the game and load a mod, but after that they do not load when I click on them. How do I fix this issue?

Also, how could I alter non-playale civs like the celts, byzantines etc. to playable and enable multiple civ switches as the game rolls on? I an use python and XML but I am not good at C++

Thanks

Top Bottom