Quick Questions and Answers

I can't use any mod after subscribe and enable it in mods menu
and mod files exit under the folder Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

In a game without cs I saw a Norwegian ski infantery belonging to Siam. How is this possible?

By being an ALLY of a militaristic city state that gives it (hover over the Militaristic label to see what unit it gives).

On a multiplayer game, any idea how I can get 3 players on a duel sized map? Tiny (even with high sea level) seems too large for us, and Civ5 doesnt give an option like civ4 did.

I was playing yesterday and saw something I couldn't believe a city state settler.So I captured him to see what would happen or sure enough no Sydney city state.I always assumed they were preset is it because I'm on king level now.

City States start off as Settlers on the first turn, like all other civilizations. I believe that if something prevents them from settling on the first turn, they will not move their Settler and will not settle unless they are somehow moved (such as with borders) into a position where they can validly settle.

Tile: plains, forest, truffles. Improvement: Camp. If I will chop down forest, will Camp be removed and I will have to re-build it? Thanks!

Camp remains, and tile yield will remain unchanged, but you will get hammers from chopping the forest -- base yield of a plains tile is 1 hammer and 1 food, same as forest tile.

How is the "ideological pressure" calculated? Is it just whoever has accumulated more tourism points, do certain thresholds have to be reached and does culture come into play (like for tourism victory)?

How is the "ideological pressure" calculated? Is it just whoever has accumulated more tourism points, do certain thresholds have to be reached and does culture come into play (like for tourism victory)?

Both tourism and culture are factored in. Read the guide on culture victory if you need more details on how the influence level are defined. Ideological pressure is related on the difference on influence levels.
http://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/culturalvictory.php

Unknown 0%, Exotic 10%, Familiar 30%, Popular 60%, Influential 100%, Dominant 200%
For example, if your civ is Popular over civ X, but X is Exotic over you, then overall you have 2 levels of influence over X. Another example, if your civ is Exotic over Y, but Y is Influential over you, then Y has 3 levels of influence over you.

Now you can check the Cultural Victory tab of the Cultural Overview screen. If you mouse over the entries under Public Opinion, they show levels of influence over civs have over you.

Now sum the levels of influence of a different ideology D, and sum the levels of influence of the same ideology with you S. If world ideology is passed, then its corresponding ideology has 2 additional levels. Now calculate the value D-S.
Public opinion will be Content if the value is less than 2, Dissident if it's 2 or 3, Civil Resistance if it's 4 or 5, Revolutionary wave if it's at least 6.

Which ideology is best for production?

Order comes first to mind, but that New Deal from Freedom can be very powerful, if you put a engineer on a mined hill. +11 production you can have on that tile at the end.

Not sure, if that would be a good way to play this game, but it works for me on lower difficulty levels.

Which ideology is best for production?

Order comes first to mind, but that New Deal from Freedom can be very powerful, if you put a engineer on a mined hill. +11 production you can have on that tile at the end.

Not sure, if that would be a good way to play this game, but it works for me on lower difficulty levels.

Order is best with extra hammers on mines and cheap factories.

Although Freedom can get high hammers just because it is able to grow cities faster and higher pop means more citizens able to work hills, but that depends on the dirt and if there isn't enough hills anyway it won't matter. New Deal is horrible for this purpose since you usually use engineers to rush wonders if you even produce them at all. Optimal play avoids producing engineers due to GP counter sharing with GS. and you'll only be able to buy if you complete tradition.

It is quite annoying when you tell the AI to stop spreading their religion in your lands; they agree; then proceed to do so regardless without incurring any diplo penalty. Any way to stop it?

You can DOW them. Without a DOW, you have to use passive deterrents -- inquisitors on roads (able to quickly get to threatened cities), or using military and civilian units to block movement of their great prophets and missionaries (and trapping missionaries to get them to attrition themselves to death). Make sure you haven't given that civ open borders.

You can DOW them. Without a DOW, you have to use passive deterrents -- inquisitors on roads (able to quickly get to threatened cities), or using military and civilian units to block movement of their great prophets and missionaries (and trapping missionaries to get them to attrition themselves to death). Make sure you haven't given that civ open borders.

Yeah the issue is with prophets more than missionaries. But more than that, the AI simply flouting their promises without any repurcussions is silly.

Are there any units (other than caravan/cargo ships) that can ignore borders and travel freely without an open borders agreement?

Great Prophets and missionaries can, although missionaries will suffer attrition if they end their turn inside the borders of a major civ that has not granted open borders (i.e., they can pass through that civ's borders without attrition, as long as they start and end their turn outside those borders).

Other units (both military and civilian, including other types of great persons) need open borders, or you have to be at war with that civ.

Top Bottom