Quick Questions and Answers

If you have all possible luxury resources will you have eternal WLTKD? Or will it end after first cycle when citizens dont have anything new to demand?

The game considers one of the resources to be scarce and it will keep being requested. (usually an imported resource)
So you can keep WLTKD all the time. (except for the turn it expires, which is pretty lame)

I was trying to find units upgrade cost table, but fail to find it. Anyone have it?
Now I need to know how much is it cost to upgrade compo to xbow, and xbow to gatling on standard speed. Thank you!

<Row Name="BASE_UNIT_UPGRADE_COST">
<Value>10</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="UNIT_UPGRADE_COST_PER_PRODUCTION">
<Value>2</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="UNIT_UPGRADE_COST_VISIBLE_DIVISOR">
<Value>5</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="UNIT_UPGRADE_COST_DISCOUNT_MAX">
<Value>-75</Value>
</Row>

it is just (upgraded production - old production) * 2 + 10
the other things mostly do nothing - round it down to the nearest 5 gold, and the max discount never gets hit

The game considers one of the resources to be scarce and it will keep being requested. (usually an imported resource)
So you can keep WLTKD all the time. (except for the turn it expires, which is pretty lame)

Can they demand banned luxury? or can they demand jewelry or porcelain if all mercantile city states are kille? I mean can they make that demand after ban or death of mercantile civs? They sometimes ask silk for example but it banned on next world congress but if it is already banned can they demand it?

They can't ask for the resource if it is already banned.
But if they wanted it before the ban their request remains.

Also I don't remember cities requesting mercantile luxuries, but I might be wrong.

What is highest number a city state has captured in single game? I have seen them sometimes puppet 2 cities but maybe somebody has seen more?

They can't ask for the resource if it is already banned.
Sure they can. And you can trigger WLTK day even without the lux giving a happy; for example, by allying a CS with the banned lux.

Also I don't remember cities requesting mercantile luxuries, but I might be wrong.
Yes, cities can demand mercantile luxes. I have to assume that new demands would not happen if the Mercantile CS were all conquered, but I am not sure.

WLTK day and CS quests are often not reasonable. I remember a recent map where Citrus was widely requested. I had the map unfogged, and there exactly one hex, out of range of all current cities, surrounded by mountains and resource-free ocean tile. So getting it would require settling a new city for that one single tile.

Are you sure? I feel like I definitely remember mine demanding some

Is there any way to make this game not run so glacially? Older civs require way more decisions, have way more units and run way faster. Even mid-game it takes 20-30 seconds for a turn to run through. That's crazy.

Pretty sure I've never seen WTLKD demand jewelry/porcelain, so I trust Acken.

Is there any point to accepting embassies past a certain point in the game? I'm Venice, in industrial era, going for a diplomatic victory, and I keep getting spammed with requests for embassies from Civs like Babylon and Rome on the other continent. I'm in the industrial era, and all it seems like to me is that they'll use it for diplomats to steal my techs.

You get a small diplo bonus if you allow it.

I use it to bait and catch their spies.
You also get a small diplo bonus when you catch them.

But if you don't want to sign open borders or research agreements just keep rejecting it. (as annoying as it is)

Once world congress is founded, I don't think they need embassy to find your capital.

Top Bottom