Quick Questions and Answers

If a road to a particular CS already exists, the quest won't fire for that CS.
If I have idle workers, I pre-build the roads. The quests will still come up. I think that might be something that change in the last couple years.

If by "pre-build" you mean leave the road short of full construction (e.g., one turn away from completion of each segment), that's fine, although you might find yourself investing worker turns at a CS that never generates the quest.

I read your advice to be go ahead and build a fully completed road to the CS -- that will preclude the "build a road" quest from triggering.

I am sure I have built the road and gotten the quest anyway. I will watch for that. I have been wrong before!

How did Harun happen to have damaged caravans? First time I'm seeing this, all standard settings without any mods.
I thought it was just a graphics bug, but there's also a healthy Arabian caravan and all others on the map look normal as well.

Attachments

• 20180914234605_1.jpg
    20180914234605_1.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 191
How did Harun happen to have damaged caravans? First time I'm seeing this, all standard settings without any mods.
I thought it was just a graphics bug, but there's also a healthy Arabian caravan and all others on the map look normal as well.

I'd guess that they were damaged by citadels. Looks like they have 40 HP, so two turns adjacent to enemy citadels. I never saw this happen, but other civilian units get damaged as well, so it would make sense.

asked such a question to steam, but no one answered. Maybe someone here can answer? Is it possible to make a system of cities districts in civilization 5, as in civilization 6?

I read your advice to be go ahead and build a fully completed road to the CS -- that will preclude the "build a road" quest from triggering.
I will see the road building quest trigger even when I have already built the roads. Please the attached screenshot for a recent-ish example.
civ5ss-babylong-t234.jpeg

And how, pray tell, are you going to satisfy the quest if the road connection with your capital already exists? Your capital is not on screen and, in any event, there's no telling from your screenshot whether any required road segment is pillaged and needs to be repaired.

And how, pray tell, are you going to satisfy the quest if the road connection with your capital already exists? Your capital is not on screen and, in any event, there's no telling from your screenshot whether any required road segment is pillaged and needs to be repaired.
I did thought I did the best I could to show that the road was already built! I can see if have the save file if you like. The reward for the quest triggered the next turn.

Two religions are left, but a religion enhanced early so I did not get a pantheon. I close out Liberty but GPr is not is an option! Is that the expected behavior?

You are straining my memory, but that may be expected. I distinctly recall that finishing Hagia Sophia will give you a Great Prophet, which can still be used to found a religion (and pick a belated pantheon). I can't recall ever doing that with the Liberty finisher (or Pisa), so perhaps you only get the choice to pick a Great Prophet if you already have a pantheon. Are you, by any chance, already in the Industrial Era?

I am certain I have used Liberty finisher for GPr before, but almost certainly that was with a Pantheon. Saving the Liberty GE for Hagia Sophia is a possibility, but usually my early too laggy for that. Nope, not in the Industrial Era. I am playing Aztec, and closed out Liberty on T69. (So no, not already in the Industrial Era.)

Can anyone explain what's going on when I switch between these two tiles at the top? Neither of them have a production value, but I lose a hammer if I switch from the 3food tile to the dye tile. Why?

Spoiler :

CivilizationV_DX11 2018-11-24 14-58-53-95.jpg
CivilizationV_DX11 2018-11-24 14-58-48-03.jpg

Food is converted to hammers when producing settlers. Switching from 2food/2gold tile to a 3food tile can, depending on rounding (it’s not a one-to-one conversion rate), generate an additional hammer towards settler production.

New patch was released last month. Did it change anything else than launcher? Where can i find what it did change?

Just the launcher. No changes to the game since the last patch (version 1.0.3.279) in late 2014.

If you are referring to statements in that thread like "If an RA saves you just two turns, the gold:beaker value is on par with what you get from rush buying science buildings.", then yes.

Top Bottom